On the topic of Wills - even though you will never need one.

Found 20th JunEdited by:"ccnp"
A sad story elsewhere on here about being an Executor reminds me of something.

Please do write a will. Even a simple will. Not doing so can compound the grief of your death. A friend who died aged 40 caused financial havoc for his family by not having the very simplest 'each to the other' will that you can buy in Tesco.

If you have a will, then in it, or alongside YOUR will, you may want to think about inserting a paragraph leaving access to your online accounts to someone. Perhaps you have photos or documents there. Perhaps the manuscript of your autobiography that the world has been waiting for? Or perhaps you have the family history on one of the lineage sites.

Without a clear statement, MS, Google etc wont give access to anyone and your work will be lost.

lawsociety.org.uk/new…ty/
Community Updates
Misc
12 Comments
Hmm good points in this post, the online para wasn't suggested when we drafted ours.
I have never seen the "each to the other" wills in Tesco. I presume they are kept by the greeting cards and stationary.
Predikuesi7 m ago

I have never seen the "each to the other" wills in Tesco. I presume they …I have never seen the "each to the other" wills in Tesco. I presume they are kept by the greeting cards and stationary.

Think it was the Past Sell By shelf in store

Otherwise tesco.com/dir…ers
davewave10 m ago

Hmm good points in this post, the online para wasn't suggested when we …Hmm good points in this post, the online para wasn't suggested when we drafted ours.

I trust you will address this now, dave'. You must gift your HUKD account and PMs to a deserving individual, or the nation.
ccnp20th Jun

Think it was the Past Sell By shelf in storeOtherwise …Think it was the Past Sell By shelf in storeOtherwise https://www.tesco.com/direct/last-will-testament/651-1032.prd?source=others

I really don't want my relatives to get access to my google drive or photos to be honest.
Especially the folder marked Nudez and Self Frontals
Chiptivo34 m ago

I really don't want my relatives to get access to my google drive or …I really don't want my relatives to get access to my google drive or photos to be honest. Especially the folder marked Nudez and Self Frontals

Might I recommend an executor to deal with those sensitive things.... Miles has experience..
There's a setting on Facebook that allows you to name someone to manage your account when you die.
splatsplatsplat2 h, 19 m ago

Might I recommend an executor to deal with those sensitive things.... …Might I recommend an executor to deal with those sensitive things.... Miles has experience..

I all ready have full access to his pics
Most people don’t realise that if you’ve a certain amount of money when you pass it doesn’t automatically go to your Wife / Husband - It can be contested!
Can you nominate to leave your debts to a particular person?
My will will be this post:

All my money, car, house, star wars collection and electronics: Divided equally between my 3 kids.

All my debts and anything worth less that 1p To my wife.

Please have my body cut in pieces and put in the food disposal bin. Note: attach the cheque for payment of the council tax on the last piece of my body. Preferentially my ar$e. ( just in case they refuse to collect!)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants