On thEbay what do they mean by "not tested"?

10 replies
Found 20th Feb 2009
reads as "taken from a working system but selling as untested" WTF?
Does this mean "possibly faulty, No Return/Refund for Dead on arrival"?

Surely untested goods should be sold as faulty if that is the case?

10 Comments

basically IMO most sellers know it doesnt work but just write that to get more buyers.

Banned

MarzBarz;4431940

basically IMO most sellers know it doesnt work but just right that to get … basically IMO most sellers know it doesnt work but just right that to get more buyers.

As above, it gives people false hope that it might actually work when they full well know it doesn't. When you get it and doesn't work you can't put a claim in for a not as described.

lumoruk;4431944

As above, it gives people false hope that it might actually work when … As above, it gives people false hope that it might actually work when they full well know it doesn't. When you get it and doesn't work you can't put a claim in for a not as described.

As above, leaving a doubt in your mind that it may just work fine when they know to well its ****ed otherwise they would be selling for £100 more.

Original Poster

so the long and short being if a seller sells a used item WITHOUT stating "untested" or similar then the buyer is buying a "working" unit which is covered in the event of a claim?

Banned

bargain surfer;4431972

so the long and short being if a seller sells a used item WITHOUT stating … so the long and short being if a seller sells a used item WITHOUT stating "untested" or similar then the buyer is buying a "working" unit which is covered in the event of a claim?

yes

Original Poster

thanks folks. repped.

bargain surfer;4431972

so the long and short being if a seller sells a used item WITHOUT stating … so the long and short being if a seller sells a used item WITHOUT stating "untested" or similar then the buyer is buying a "working" unit which is covered in the event of a claim?

Unless they said untested or spares repair not working faulty etc etc then you should expect it to be fully working.

i bought an "untested item" off a member on here and it works fine

Banned

acecatcher3;4432393

i bought an "untested item" off a member on here and it works fine

Just needed new batteries?

Am I right?

Buyer beware.....
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I just found out that I have been paying £65 p/m to sky for tv/broadband/la…88
    2. GoPro Hero 5 Black33
    3. spam regarding paypal33
    4. Best tablet around the £60 mark66

See more discussions