EXPIRED

Once: Win 2 return flights to Australia - STA & Qantas

We've got two free flights to Australia with Qantas up for grabs, enter our brilliant competition here...

Competition closes 10th September 2008

Small print:
Prize excludes tax and fuel and must be paid by the prize winner. Tickets are valid until Nov'08 subject to availability. Destinations available are Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane, Cairns, Adelaide, & Darwin only. Departures from London, Manchester, Newcastle, Edinburgh & Glasgow.

12 Comments

Thanks

thanks!

Small print:
Prize excludes tax and fuel and must be paid by the prize winner.

fuel paid by winner? wow, whats the mpg on a 747?

I hear some of those Qantas planes have great air conditioning

Cheers

Painkiller;2702086

I hear some of those Qantas planes have great air conditioning

lol - they been having quite a few problems recently 3 incidents within a space of 2 weeks

oldrichie;2701120

Small print:Prize excludes tax and fuel and must be paid by the prize … Small print:Prize excludes tax and fuel and must be paid by the prize winner.fuel paid by winner? wow, whats the mpg on a 747?

LOL

dunno what it would actually cost, but a boeing 747-100 can take 183,380 litres !

that's a fair old fuel bill :whistling:

Nice post btw - HOT :thumbsup:

marialouise314;2728199

lol - they been having quite a few problems recently 3 incidents within a … lol - they been having quite a few problems recently 3 incidents within a space of 2 weeks

Come on...It terms of International Air Safety Records, Qantas Airlines have one of the best records for international air safety compare to other countries. Is these 3 incidents going to make a major impact on the confidence on their passengers who fly them for years just avoid them for good. I very much doubt that. Who would scrap an aircraft after just one incident that happen. It's more of a case of how was the routine safety checks/inspections are carried out in proper procedures under the good supervisor management. The airlines do take air health & safety very serious even the welfare for different type of animals have more strigent safety inspections than passengers. Airline safety is an improving & constantly evolving process.
Just think about the physical stresses that are caused on the aircraft when its flying over 500-600MPH+ with temperatures that can reach -20C+ in thin air. They cannot break sound barrier (approximately 769MPH @ sea level) or the aircraft would break up. Good gas mileage when traveling in a jet stream.
Would you like a VIP strap-on seat on top of a Boeing 747-100? It will be a 1st Class seat with the best views. :whistling:
Your local garage mechanic will have more chance may not be bother about vehicle safety as high priority. You probably have a higher percentage chance of been hit by a car than been engine/power failure, mechnical failure, imploded/exploded in mid-air in a passenger aircraft. I regard Qantas Airlines & Virgin Atlantic, Cathay Pacific, Lufthansa, Asiana Airlines, Singapore Airlines among some of the BEST airlines in the world. Try comparing it with BA which I find their overall product/service sub-standard internationally.

Airline Accident and Airline Safety and Security Information
airsafe.com/

Top 10 Airline Safety Questions - Revised: 7 May 2007
airsafe.com/ten…htm

[SIZE=2][COLOR=black]THE WORLD'S MOST RECOGNISED AND RESPECTED AIRLINE AWARDS[/COLOR][/SIZE]
worldairlineawards.com/

Still voted hot. Surely for the price of a prize that excludes tax & fuel outweighs is worth it if you really did win it. Got my name down anyway. Thank OP. :thumbsup:

][COLOR=#003399]Airbus A380[/COLOR], the world's largest passenger airliner. I stood next to one of them at a Farnborough International Air Show. These are very tall but do look a bit short from nose to tail but the wings are absolutely massive. The physical stress of the weight of the aircraft alone on those extra wheels & thats without passengers & cargo. A very high piece of world class engineering. :roll:
content.answers.com/mai…0px-

enterd thanks itsamac:-D

Entered thxs

Doesn't taxes and fuel surcharges make up the major bulk of a flight ticket price nowadays?
I still remember the good ol days when "free" flights through comps and frequent flyer programmes were truly free.

Thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. TopCashBack - Summer Treats Competition Answers4185
    2. Win £50,000 with ITV7 (Closes 1:55pm Thursday 24/08)55
    3. Win a night in a luxury hotel, a bottle of artisan wine and an indulegence …1314
    4. Win a Luxury Cotswold break @Specsavers1212

See more discussions