EXPIRED

Once: Win a copy of Windows Vista Ultimate

For the chance to win one of 10 copies of Windows Vista, all you have to do is answer a few questions.
You'll need a Windows Live ID to enter the competition.

26 Comments

Answers are :

Extended File Allocation Table

More than 15,000

More than 54,000

For those who want them.:)

ty pete_21 repped u

Lol .

It is actually "Extended File Allocation Table" not Tool. Thanks guys

Cheers,Changed it now.:)

Thanks !!!!

Thanks

Hot

*awaits cold votes of "Vista Sucks" or "You can get Linux for free"*

Entered, btw - no idea why with all the legal Vista/XP keys I have chucking about but meh

Jakg;1972445

*awaits cold votes of "Vista Sucks" or "You can get Linux for … *awaits cold votes of "Vista Sucks" or "You can get Linux for free"*Entered, btw - no idea why with all the legal Vista/XP keys I have chucking about but meh

vista sucks, 50% slower than XP, cold.

zebrum;1972455

Cold ?.:?

If you win a copy of Vista you could sell it and buy 2 copies of XP instead !.

zebrum;1972455

I do dearly hope that was sarcasm - if not i'd like to see some proof of your 50% statement.

Thanks

The second prize is two copies of windows vista.

Ubuntu is free, faster, better, more stable, and 99.9% of software to run on it is free too.

ubuntu.com

(give it a week before installing - as the new version has just been released and downloads are slower than usual).

They've resorted to giving them away!

I'd love a free XP key if anyone has an unused one. I'm getting fed up fo VIsta.

ibiza;1972729

The second prize is two copies of windows vista.Ubuntu is free, faster, … The second prize is two copies of windows vista.Ubuntu is free, faster, better, more stable, and 99.9% of software to run on it is free too.Http://www.ubuntu.com(give it a week before installing - as the new version has just been released and downloads are slower than usual).

LOL I was right.

I wouldn't say it's better at all - it also isn't faster for a lot of things as you can't run a lot of the applications that I need speed for - i.e. games.

On Windows I can use, within reason, the apps *I* want to use - i can decide between (usually) about 5-10 different mainstrem apps to do job x and pick the one with the Ui or features I like best - i.e. Photoshop versus Paint Shop Pro versus the GIMP versus InkScape versus Corel Paint versus Macromedia Fireworks etc - I pick Photoshop.

Install Ubuntu? GIMP or Inkscape or freeware ****** apsp. No thanks.

I want to play a game? Oh no wait, i forgot that WINE isn't that good and drivers for things like SoftTH and force feedback don't exist.

I want to do some work? Ok, i'll run Office 2007 - great. I like the 2007 layout over the layout of 2003. Install Ubuntu? AbiWord or OpenOffice - both with bad UI's which copy, but are worse than Office 2003 and not a patch of Office 2007.

Linux is great if you do certain tasks, but it's still not ready for the mainstream.

EDIT - They are giving it away as a PR stunt to show everyone that SP1 for Vista is coming out soon - alot of naysayers said they'd wait for SP1 before buying Vista (which is utterly stupid as they didn't say what they wanted and so i think it was a bit rushed) and now they want to make people buy it.

Entered. http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/1796/cheerszr8.gif

In my view Visa is the pits - and I couldn't be arsed to sell it - so I'll not be entering the competition But to those of you who like it: Good luck, I hope you win a copy!

I Installed Vista Home Premium on my 18 month old Dell XPS 600 desktop.

I really tried to like it (it looks nice) but it was soooo slow compared to Win XP. After 8 or 9 weeks I'd had enough - wiped it and re-installed XP.

I reckon Vista will be with us for about 18 months more then it'll quietly disappear.........a massive MS c~ck-up!

Thanks, worth a go

Jakg;1972788

EDIT - They are giving it away as a PR stunt to show everyone that SP1 … EDIT - They are giving it away as a PR stunt to show everyone that SP1 for Vista is coming out soon

SP1 is already out (and I don't mean the Beta/RC versions, the actual final SP1 is out on Windows Update etc.).

Thanks.

thanks

Entered Thanks marroktook:-D

Vista is only 25% slower than XP, on average. (My son works as a programmer, and he says it sucks).

Thanks...

thanx
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Win a luxurious short break for two in Cyprus with Almyra and Monarch @ Sun…55
    2. Magazine competitions - Issue 34 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk22
    3. OnePlus 5 International Giveaway! [Gleam]44
    4. Win 5 x main prizes of £200 gift cards bundles at Argos1415

See more discussions