Groups
    EXPIRED

One-a-day multivitamin

If I was after buying a one-a-day multivitamin which would be the best brand and could anyone possibly post the best deal for it?

16 Comments

depends

are you male or female, how old are you, how big are you?

as already mentioned, holland and barrett have an internet and instore sale on they have some stuff very cheap at the moment.

basic things like vitamins and mnerals, as long as a legit company, you should have no problems.

h&b have these bad boys which i use

Timed Release Super One Tablets 005382
    reduced from £15.99 to £4.99

100 tablets

you can spend a fortune on vitamins and minerals, but depending on what you are doing, you dont need to buy most stuff.

if you are doing extreme exersise then you may need additional supliments with your normal food but you should be able to get all your vitamins from a normal healthy diet.

Original Poster

Thanks for the quick reply:thumbsup:

I'm male, 35 average height and weight.

I don't do exercise other than just keeping myself busy, just after a multivitamin to top up any vitamins I may miss as I'm not into eating all my greens:whistling:

in that case i would go with the holland and barrett ones, you can get loads of fancy stuff aimed at blokes. fancy packaging and the like but you pay loads for that stuff.

i have trouble eating 5 fruit/veg per day so instead i buy a fruit smoothie ( pj detox ones are normally £2) and it contains 5 portions of fruit/veg for the whole bottle.

without getting all boring and no doubt some will disagree but multivitamins and the like have poor absorbing rates comapired to real food, they do however provide you with extra bits and bobs and have a feel good factor for most people so it is worth it at £4.99 for 100 days.

Original Poster

I'm going to have to buy myself a smoothie maker and bung everything into it.

Will look into the tabs you recommended though:thumbsup:

Rep given!

Original Poster

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to brum again.

Get you next time.

Ditto

I'm going to have to buy myself a smoothie maker and bung everything into … I'm going to have to buy myself a smoothie maker and bung everything into it.Will look into the tabs you recommended though:thumbsup: Rep given!

my missus did this, waste of money i have to say.

it cost far more in fruit, time, cleaning than the £2 for a 1 litre bottle of strawberry & banana or the dragon fruit PJ smoothies.

i spent a fortune on rasberries and strawberries last summer, plus bananas and it tasted horrid as the seeds were not taken out from the smoothie maker, they just crushed the seeds leaving a load of seeds in my drink.

1/2 a bottle of smoothie = £1 and 1 multi vitamin tab = 5 pence, should keep you right each day. plus your normal stuff.

Not sure if stuffing yourself with chemicals will do your body much good. I stopped taking any supplements well over a year now, just make sure that I have fruit during day and veggie salad every evening (not frozen veg) and I feel fine. Had my full blood check recently and my GP didn't believe it. Perfect.

Everybody's choice, I know but I know from my own experience how my body feels much better now without taking those 'we will look after you' pills.

Vitamin supplements are complete and utter pointless. I watched a documentary about this a while back and your really wasting your time.

Also as for off the shelf fruit juices and such, these have nowhere near the vitamins and minerals you get compared to squeezing or juicing your own fruit and veg.

For example: Pure orange in a carton, even the stuff that states "NOT FROM CONCENTRATE" has been heat treated for longer life and this loses a lot of the goodness. I would imagine smoothies bought off the shelf are the same but can't confirm this. Yes fruit juice in a carton is still good for you, but not as good as the real thing, in fact quite a bit off the mark to be honest.

And as for Vitamin tablets they said that these are really pointless and are more of a gimmick. Only a few were worthy, omega 3 and pure code liver oil were listed as recommended. Can't really remember much more.

Theres no short cuts, forget it, its that simple - save your money and for the money you'd spend over a year, enjoy a short break instead.

Eat healthy, drink plenty of water and excercise, it's the shortest answer without writing an essay.

JONJONJON

Theres no short cuts, forget it, its that simple - save your money and … Theres no short cuts, forget it, its that simple - save your money and for the money you'd spend over a year, enjoy a short break instead. Eat healthy, drink plenty of water and excercise, it's the shortest answer without writing an essay.

i think the OP 's problem is he doesnt get time to eat healthy, hence he wishes to get vitamins in a more conveniant form.
    not all people have the money to buy fresh pressed orange juice or fresh fruit and make their own drinks, they may not have the time or do not want to eat 5 pieces of fruit or veg per day.

smoothies to me taste nice, have all the requirements and are conveniant and affordable.

for 5 pence per day, my view is that the multi vitamins are worth it, there will be some health benefit but as important, the placebo effect of it is healthy so i must be getting healthy.

im sure if we all had the time and money we would eat the fruit and veg we liked and had 5 portions per day of it.

i use tesco multivitamin+iron, 180 for less than £2 lol.

beerman1

Vitamin supplements are complete and utter pointless. I watched a … Vitamin supplements are complete and utter pointless. I watched a documentary about this a while back and your really wasting your time.Also as for off the shelf fruit juices and such, these have nowhere near the vitamins and minerals you get compared to squeezing or juicing your own fruit and veg.For example: Pure orange in a carton, even the stuff that states "NOT FROM CONCENTRATE" has been heat treated for longer life and this loses a lot of the goodness. I would imagine smoothies bought off the shelf are the same but can't confirm this. Yes fruit juice in a carton is still good for you, but not as good as the real thing, in fact quite a bit off the mark to be honest.And as for Vitamin tablets they said that these are really pointless and are more of a gimmick. Only a few were worthy, omega 3 and pure code liver oil were listed as recommended. Can't really remember much more.

true. in fact it was in the papers just last week that they now say these vitamin tablets do no good at all. in some ways they can be considered bad for you.
    your best bet, eat fruit, veg, red meat etc and get what your body needs properly.

shanecr

true. in fact it was in the papers just last week that they now say these … true. in fact it was in the papers just last week that they now say these vitamin tablets do no good at all. in some ways they can be considered bad for you. your best bet, eat fruit, veg, red meat etc and get what your body needs properly.

red meat gives you high cholesterol - or something lol.

Ditto

If I was after buying a one-a-day multivitamin which would be the best … If I was after buying a one-a-day multivitamin which would be the best brand and could anyone possibly post the best deal for it?Thanks:thumbsup:

]http//ww…htm

and you can get 24% off by going through Quidco...........the only thing they lack is iron

shanecr

true. in fact it was in the papers just last week that they now say these … true. in fact it was in the papers just last week that they now say these vitamin tablets do no good at all. in some ways they can be considered bad for you. your best bet, eat fruit, veg, red meat etc and get what your body needs properly.

it must be true if it was in the papers! lol

an overall healthy diet is obviously preferential, however there is nothing wrong with covering the bases so to speak with a good multi vit. the super one multivits from holland and barret are good. Also take them with food, this helps in terms of nutrient uptake.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …1627
      2. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2663
      3. word survey912
      4. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!1518

See more discussions