One Coat White Matt Paint?

Found 28th Jan
I need to paint the hall, stairs and landing white and want to do it in one coat. I've used one coat paints in the past but always ended up using 2 or 3 coats. I will be painting over magnolia and wondering what people would recommend?
Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
We've done a stack of painting and tried many of the so called 'one coat' brands. Haven't ever found one that actually covers in one coat.
One coat is a gimmick to sell paint. Use a quality "trade" paint by johnstones or dulux. So much better than the retail versions.

Johnstones covaplus is nice to use and covers well.
One coat paints gernerally work when applying the same colour just to brighten up the paint work.

I would expect white on magnolia to need two coats - or likely to look patchy.

My preference is usually Dulux paint!
Edited by: "Van1973" 28th Jan
One coats work fine, you just need to put 2 coats of similar shade undercoats on 1st
Joking aside it's hard to see imperfections on a solid white area so most people wouldn't notice.
i use dulux once which is quite thick but it only works if you are painting over the same colour. if you paint white over magnolia, you will still need two coats of thick paint.
Dulux white paint is hopeless, it goes yellow in 6 weeks.
termite1 h, 0 m ago

Dulux white paint is hopeless, it goes yellow in 6 weeks.

33155661-yxRu3.jpg
Thanks for the responses - will do 2 coats and thinking of getting Leyland Trade Vinyl Matt Emulsion Paint Brilliant White 10L.
Cheapest seems to be Screwfix £29.99
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants