One Digitals

Found 6th Dec 2015
Has anyone used onedigitals.co.uk/ before? Some deals seem too good.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
40 Comments

I want to know the same! I want an olympus pen camera, and they are the cheapest with two lenses, but I can't find any reviews!? I hope paypal would cover if my goods don't turn up? Did you try them?

After looking at their Facebook, and seeing people saying how long they take to deliver, and no delivery at all. I would steer well clear

facebook.com/ONE…als

[quote=JonnyG71]
Has anyone used onedigitals.co.uk/ before? Some deals seem too good.
Don't do it!!! Ordered a £60 camera a month ago - still not received it and still waiting for a refund!

ITS A TOTAL SCAM DO NOT BUY THEY ARE IN HONG KONG ITS A FRONT THEY DO NOT DELIVER I AM CHASING MONEY BACK AND TRYING TO GET GOOGLE TO BAN THE WEB SITE THEY TOOK £215 OFF ME ITS MY SONS CHRISTMAS PRESENT THESE ARE THE TYPES OF PEOPLE YOU ARE DEALING WITH DO NOT BUY YOU WILL NEVER GET GOODS please do not buy!!!!! THE PHONE DIVERTS FROM LONDON TO HK ITS A SCAM CANT BELIEVE THEY COME UP ON FIRST PAGE OF GOOGLE!!!!

I stupidly used them as I didn't see the replies on here, my camera has arrived but the zoom lens is missing. I have emailed, hopefully paypal will sort it out otherwise. Gutted!

I ordered a product for my boyfriend at christmas and it turned up within a few days. It was excellent service at a massively discounted price. Perfect!

nicki_1991

I ordered a product for my boyfriend at christmas and it turned up within … I ordered a product for my boyfriend at christmas and it turned up within a few days. It was excellent service at a massively discounted price. Perfect!

Of course you did

I just came across this after thread whilst searching the shop name, to get the phone number as I bought a camera from there but have not heard anything. I have contacted the shop or at least tried several times and cannot get through at all, no response to emails either. After reading this and their face book page it is clear that you do not receive anything at all an cannot get a refund. I hope future buyers see this before making a purchase.

damianthedevil

ITS A TOTAL SCAM DO NOT BUY THEY ARE IN HONG KONG ITS A FRONT THEY DO NOT … ITS A TOTAL SCAM DO NOT BUY THEY ARE IN HONG KONG ITS A FRONT THEY DO NOT DELIVER I AM CHASING MONEY BACK AND TRYING TO GET GOOGLE TO BAN THE WEB SITE THEY TOOK £215 OFF ME ITS MY SONS CHRISTMAS PRESENT THESE ARE THE TYPES OF PEOPLE YOU ARE DEALING WITH DO NOT BUY YOU WILL NEVER GET GOODS please do not buy!!!!! THE PHONE DIVERTS FROM LONDON TO HK ITS A SCAM CANT BELIEVE THEY COME UP ON FIRST PAGE OF GOOGLE!!!!

im glad you wrote that all in Caps, Im not sure Id have seen it xD

I have contacted them 5 different ways, phone, e-mail, form on website, facebook page and by raising a complaint with paypal,they have responded, but are now just saying my missing lens will be sent, and it's in the hands of the logistics team! Not good, I have no faith i them......... will let you know if it eventually arrives! at least I got my camera, just not the lens!

Ok I have an update, I will also give a brief description of what I have learned about the company.

It is a Hong Kong based product. You item will usually come direct from Hong Kong. It will most likely be genuine. I assume that the product in Hong Kong is cheaper than here in the UK. So they buy from their high street and then sell to the UK making profit.

The bit worth noting however, is the returns policy. Try to cancel it before they have shipped it and you would get a 100% refund, but they will either ignore or not read your request and ship it anyway. This is where it gets awkward. You have to return the item SEALED and COMPLETE. Thats all very well for us as we are honest buyers, the problem is that they send the items to you UNSEALED (they claim for quality control) not only that but parts can be missing, as above the lens, for me the manual and disc.

Here is where the problem is, if you want to return the item, you return it to a small unit in Manchester, most likely to be unmanned so you cannot confront them face to face. It is then forwarded to Hong Kong, where the turn around is 3 weeks from them receiving it in Manchester. Now as the box is opened by them and a part is missing, they can reduce the refund amount to reflect this, this is on top of the 30% of the products value, so between £90-£100 processing fee on an item costing just over £310.

So it is best to avoid simply because they are so far away in another country and their returns policy is outrageous. Though the product may well be genuine and you should receive it, or at least some of it.

For this shop, make sure you pay via credit card for protection if you really want to risk it. and another note, the camera I bought was £317 from this shop, in the UK £345 and you get the UK canon warranty. £317 from Hong Kong and no warranty so you have to purchase after sales insurance from another company, like the one Jessops use. So the cost is the same anyway. I didnt know it was Hong Kong until after I purchased, the .co.uk bit is misleading.

oh thank you, I have esculated my claim with paypal, ONEdigitals have had 2 weeks, and not done anything. I have asked for a partial refund of £199, this is the price of the missing lens in jessops, then I could go and buy one. My camera is genuine Olympus, the box was not sealed, there was a travel adapter plug in the gap where the lens should have been. I hope we can all get sorted out, this is dreadful.

Should be ok with paypal, let us know how you get on.

I also contacted Canon UK who confirmed my serial was legit, as well as other checks on the packaging and camera we confirmed it is genuine. I weighed the two cameras too which weighed identical weights.

I guess they may remove an item such as the lens to entice you into returning it and then refunding you 70% of the product price. If they do this, they are earning 30% of every product and can keep sending the same product out. If you dont return it, they can send the pens out and probably earn some profit from what they sell anyway.

I'm hoping paypal will sort out the partial refund, I'm happy to keep the camera, it has one lens with it. I would never order from them again though! I wonder if I should check my serial numbers out with olympus, but all looks right, I have the earlier version of this camera 4 years ago, but I dropped it and broke it.

oh no! I had the camera sent to my Dad, and he's just received a bill from TNT for £70 plus for postage! The scumbags! ONE digitals are complete scammers! I can't beilive this! Haven't seen the bill yet, I'm really upset.

I think you should be ok with the serial numbers, but no harm checking!

Thats not good! When you ordered the camera did you know they were in HongKong, I would also bring this up with Paypal as theres no mention on the onedigitals site. Mine arrived with DPD who I have never dealt with for deliveries outside of the EU, shall see if the KongKong guys declared the value on mine too!

It's a vat bill for £74! I spoke to TNT and commented on the fact that if they send my replacement lens, I will have to pay it again! I have e-mailed them all the info, explaining I thought it was UK when I ordered and they have sent a reply to say they will investigate. Meanwhile ONEdigitals are asking to see a copy of the letter, so they can look into it and sort it out, I have no faith though! It really is upsetting, I'm so regretting ordering online now, wish I had just gone down to Jessops like last time! At least I would have a camera! I have jobs to do with it, and I feel terrible that they are late getting done. PLEASE DON'T RISK USING ONEDIGITALS! IT'S JUST NOT WORTH IT!

OK so ONE digitals has refunded the £199 I requested via paypal so I can buy the missing lens from jessops! However they have closed the claim, and I still have the £74 vat charge hanging over me!

I have eventually got my £74 credited back on paypal, so I can now pay the vat bill! Although I did get my money refunded for the lens as well, I went to Jessops and bought one, it has taken forever! But a least I'm sorted now! Nightmare!

Omg I am so glad I was able to cancel my order! I thought I would pay via PayPal just in case as it did seem too good to be true £370 for a camera everywhere else was selling for £499! Sending from Hong Kong ,alarm bells started ringing straight away, I was able to cancel my purchase through PayPal before it was sent. Seems like you will have to wait a long time for a product that may arrive and then something would be missing, not refunding. Wow I am so lucky I had the time to cancel! Beware everyone! Google should not be allowed to promote One Digitals.

Looks like this post is helping other people too

I have bought a Apple Watch from this company. I thought it was a English company until my son looked into it , because I am having trouble getting them to tell me anything. I have now opened a dispute with pay pal. I've had two e.mails from them ,one to say as soon as I give them my home number they would be able to send the watch out ( a delay tactic ) I gave them this immediately, nothing happened. After more un answered e. Mails I eventually got another e.mail to say it may be shipped out in two days. It wasn't and still no correspondence since . I have now e. Mailed twice to ask for a refund I've had no response. I'm shocked Apple are allowing a company to deal with there good . STAY CLEAR

I am currently going through an almost unimaginable experience with this company. I don't even know where to begin...

A month before Christmas I ordered an IPad. After not hearing anything from them for weeks, I called up and found out that the IPad hadn't even been processed, let along dispatched. This is despite me paying extra for express delivery well in advance - of which they refused to refund.

Weeks later the IPad arrives from China, and it's the WRONG one. I immediately attempted to get a refund, and was faced with customer service ignoring me and stating that I couldn't continue with the refund. After months back and forth, they finally issued me a return code and I sent the Ipad off. This was in January. It is now mid-April and I STILL haven't received my £330 refund, and after calling numerous times and emailing numerous times . I'm just not getting anywhere,
It's getting to the point now where I'll have to take legal action.

Please don't make the mistake I made and purchase anything from this company. Not only do they falsely advertise products, it's a complete scam.

Risky ..... Website operated and owned by: Milkyway Distribution Ltd. Block A-B, 9/F, Ka Ming Court, 688-690 Castle Peak Road, Lai Chi Kok, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
Edited by: "Splodger101" 8th Apr 2016

Splodger101

Risky ..... Website operated and owned by: Milkyway Distribution Ltd. … Risky ..... Website operated and owned by: Milkyway Distribution Ltd. Block A-B, 9/F, Ka Ming Court, 688-690 Castle Peak Road, Lai Chi Kok, Kowloon, Hong Kong.

Their Address is on their website...

spooky852

I am currently going through an almost unimaginable experience with this … I am currently going through an almost unimaginable experience with this company. I don't even know where to begin...A month before Christmas I ordered an IPad. After not hearing anything from them for weeks, I called up and found out that the IPad hadn't even been processed, let along dispatched. This is despite me paying extra for express delivery well in advance - of which they refused to refund.Weeks later the IPad arrives from China, and it's the WRONG one. I immediately attempted to get a refund, and was faced with customer service ignoring me and stating that I couldn't continue with the refund. After months back and forth, they finally issued me a return code and I sent the Ipad off. This was in January. It is now mid-April and I STILL haven't received my £330 refund, and after calling numerous times and emailing numerous times . I'm just not getting anywhere,It's getting to the point now where I'll have to take legal action.Please don't make the mistake I made and purchase anything from this company. Not only do they falsely advertise products, it's a complete scam.

Did you pay by Credit Card or Paypal by any chance? If so raise a dispute or charge back and you will get your money back. If you havent already, get a credit card for instances such as this, or high value items bought online.

Theres absolutely no way I would have returned anything all the way to China. Thats exactly why I sold mine on eBay. I could even buy from One Digitals and make profit selling through eBay lol

Edited by: "mochachino" 8th Apr 2016

I believe that the products they sell are genuine, but they do not pay UK VAT, even though the prices are 'VAT-inclusive'. If they are opened by customs, which most of them won't be, then they pay the VAT by way of a refund, meaning you have to pay it first and reclaim it. But their returns policy is not customer-friendly so the problems start when there is something wrong with the product. That's how it seems to me from reading the comments. Probably best avoided. which is why I'm ordering my new camera from Jessops.

JonnyG71

Has anyone used https://www.onedigitals.co.uk/ before? Some deals … Has anyone used https://www.onedigitals.co.uk/ before? Some deals seem too good.

One week after purchase somebody informed me by chat that order has been cancelled and payment has been fully refunded to Paypal.
I have made order from other company. A few hours later OneDigitals emailed me that order is ready for shipping. They wrote me that if I will return the item I will be pay for post costs. Why? The order has been cancelled by OneDigitals and they sent it without my agree.
Anybody has similar problem?
JonnyG71

Has anyone used https://www.onedigitals.co.uk/ before? Some deals … Has anyone used https://www.onedigitals.co.uk/ before? Some deals seem too good.

One week after purchase somebody informed me by chat that order has been cancelled and payment has been fully refunded to Paypal.
I have made order from other company. A few hours later OneDigitals emailed me that order is ready for shipping. They wrote me that if I will return the item I will be pay for post costs. Why? The order has been cancelled by OneDigitals and they sent it without my agree.
Anybody has similar problem?

peterrrrr

One week after purchase somebody informed me by chat that order has been … One week after purchase somebody informed me by chat that order has been cancelled and payment has been fully refunded to Paypal. I have made order from other company. A few hours later OneDigitals emailed me that order is ready for shipping. They wrote me that if I will return the item I will be pay for post costs. Why? The order has been cancelled by OneDigitals and they sent it without my agree.Anybody has similar problem?

If you have actually been refunded in full, what's the problem?

Inform them once, then Ignore them until they agree to pay in advance for the return postage, fully insured, etc. If they don't pay for this, just keep the phone or sell it on.

Can't see what the problem is - compared to some others, you have been very fortunate indeed!

If you have actually been refunded in full, what's the problem?Inform … If you have actually been refunded in full, what's the problem?Inform them once, then Ignore them until they agree to pay in advance for the return postage, fully insured, etc. If they don't pay for this, just keep the phone or sell it on.Can't see what the problem is - compared to some others, you have been very fortunate indeed!

Hi
The order never has been refunded. They have sent item to me after let me know that order has been cancelled and after I have bought item from other company. OneGigitals have sent item to me without my knowledge. That's problem. Now I have to return item and pay for 2 way p&p costs.

HiThe order never has been refunded. They have sent item to me after let … HiThe order never has been refunded. They have sent item to me after let me know that order has been cancelled and after I have bought item from other company. OneGigitals have sent item to me without my knowledge. That's problem. Now I have to return item and pay for 2 way p&p costs.

Do not return it, sell it on eBay at a price that will sell. You will make a loss, but just cut your losses and learn from this experience.

The products they sell are genuine, so dont worry about that. You will only have a problem if the item breaks and you want to return or go through warranty. If you sell it second hand on eBay then its not a problem anyway for the buyer.

benjammin316

After looking at their Facebook, and seeing people saying how long they … After looking at their Facebook, and seeing people saying how long they take to deliver, and no delivery at all. I would steer well clearhttps://www.facebook.com/ONEdigitals

Thanks for the heads up! I just sent a letter asking if they were in hong kong cause when you go to the site it says Miller Distribution [HK]. Everything on the site says 6-8 days but they never mention from WHERE. Came here- then went and checked their FB page. O...M...G... on every single post they have up is someone complaining about a package not sent, money taken, and lack of communication. Guess I'll just go to walmart for the item I was gonna get.

I bought my dual sim Galaxy S5 from them. I knew it was coming from Hong Kong as I made enquiries before I ordered. I also emailed them about postage and VAT etc. They assured me that they would refund any extraneous charges, should there be any. I made sure that I was covered by using a credit card to pay. The phone took a couple of weeks to arrive and came with a European postal mark on so no problems with customs or VAT.
All in all a painless experience for me, I got a good phone at a good price.

Actually, I bought a watch from them (C £100) and there was no problem with the goods or customs issues. Took about 3 weeks to arrive though.

I tried to buy another watch costing just over £1,000.00 which never arrived. When I chased it up I got my money back almost straight away. I was annoyed at the waste of time, but at least I wasn't badly out of pocket.

I have no complaints really. Not the go-to site if you want instant gratification though.

I have bought an S7 Galaxy Edge from One Direct. I was very happy with the purchase, it arrived early . I had read a lot of real reviews on one direct and I found no real negative reviews. Yes they have an issue with customer complaints and replacements indeed. Remember all Galaxy Samsung Phones are made in Hong Kong and you can easily check online with your IMEI number if your phone is a copy of a genuine one. I did that straight away and mine was genuine. One Digital is a large company but in my case I was not scammed in any way. Well that is my story.
Joseph

Good thing I saw this thread as I was just about to order a camera off them. The site just didn't feel like a real UK site.

Rizza

They have a policy of not refunding items lost in transit EVEN when they admit that the courier that they chose has lost it ; I presume they gamble that not insuring is a reasonable risk for them and that foreign customers are unlikely to legally pursue them in HK ( Wrong in my case) I have just been offered £10 compensation for a £300 phone lost in transit .
Suggest you decide if the gamble of losing all your money is worth the lower price.

Reading of the experiences of other people, I think it's worth underscoring the golden rule of buying on the Internet: ALWAYS use a credit card. In the UK, if you don't get satisfaction from the retailer, the credit card company are legally obliged to reimburse you. The credit card company can then take up the cudgels with the retailer, and the prospect of this happening will often cause the retailer to return to their senses because it's bad news for them if the credit card company stops doing business with them.

I ALWAYS use a credit card, and pay off the balance when the bill arrives. Using a credit card to borrow money is an expensive way of borrowing and to be avoided if at all possible.

I cannot fault this particular company myself, although they don't seem to be above a bit of sharp practice, and you need to keep a beady eye on them it seems.

STAY AWAY, its a scam. they deliver different items than the one you have order. And the most important of all is that they want to deduct the 30% of the amount i paid for a lens that its never been used. SCAMMERS that they are based to Hong Kong and never answer to emails someone sending.
Personally i passed the case to my solicitor and reported them to the bank that issued the card i paid for the lens.

If you really want to know what ONEDigitals UK are like, have a look at their feedback on TrustPilot. Truly shocking. I too am a victim of ONEDigitals. Ordered and paid for a photographic item over two months ago. It soon became clear that they were not going to supply it and I have spent nearly two months trying to get a refund, without success. It would appear that the reason they can offer goods cheaper than real UK companies is that they are based in CHINA and so don't pay the 20% VAT that UK companies have to charge their customers. Should be called ONEDigitals CHINA. My advice? Avoid this company like the plague.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants