ONE FOR ALL HDMI SWITCHER 3 HDMIs to 1 Model SV1630

Posted 25th JanEdited by:"Willy_Wonka"
Excuse my ignorance but are these any good & do they actually work?

EAN: 8716184058097
argos.co.uk/pro…262

One of our TVs has only got 2 HDMI but we want to run a blu-ray, xbox, & humax HDR plus Amazon Fire Stick.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

6 Comments
Link is isn't working.
The £3.99 auto-switching ones from Amazon are decent. They work fine assuming the source(s) not being used fully terminates any HDMI output when that source is turned off otherwise they can occasionally become confused amazon.co.uk/dp/…AG/
AndyRoyd25/01/2020 22:48

The £3.99 auto-switching ones from Amazon are decent. They work fine …The £3.99 auto-switching ones from Amazon are decent. They work fine assuming the source(s) not being used fully terminates any HDMI output when that source is turned off otherwise they can occasionally become confused https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0020426AG/

Agree - I've used one of these auto switches for several years. Occasional doesn't switch correctly but easier to manually switch a button than change a cable.
My girlfriend's tv only has 1 hdmi so a cheap 3 to 1 hdmi adapter was great, usually automatically switches between hdmi signals but if not can press the button on the adapter, so much easier than going behind the telly. Got mine from eBay for around a fiver delivered, well worth it IMO
The One For All switches are not very good. That's expensive for a basic 3 port switch anyway. This costs a bit more, but is much better:

Kinivo 501BN Amazon

The Kinivo switch actively buffers the signal. And it's one of the few switches that does it properly. I've used dozens of switches over the years (and have got quite the collection) and that is one of the best ones easily. Hard to explain why that's a good thing without boring you, but basically the switch itself acts as an output target, it's not just passing the information from the TV to a given source device.

Otherwise, the small 3 port square shaped switches like everyone is suggesting are decent enough. Just make sure if you use one of those, you use port 1 For Sky or any other set top box so it switches back down to port 1 when everything else is powered off. And turn off CEC control when using one of those too.

And if you do get the Kinivo switch, ensure that you use port 5 for Sky/set top box for the same reason. CEC control can be left on with that switch.

I highly recommend getting a powered switch in general though.

Another excellent switch is the Aten VS481A, if you can find it around £30, I'd get it. Although it is 1080p only and doesn't autoswitch.

But I really would avoid the one you're looking at.
Edited by: "ra786" 26th Jan
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants