Found 10th Feb 2009
Is there anything the doctor can do about this?

On a night when im at home and try to get to sleep i hear car doors baging and people walking down my gravel path. I sometimes hear people talking but muffeld.

When i hear these car doors and people walking i get up and look but theres no-one there. i know i may sound mad but this is really getting to me.

Is it worth a trip to docs?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
18 Comments

Banned

ill get the straight jacket...

Banned

Nah. Just take the LSD earlier in the day (or better still, just say no!) :w00t:

Original Poster

DangerGod;4345229

ill get the straight jacket...

Serious im not kidding...Been going on for a few months now.

Only tends to happen when im at home tho. Im fine if i sleep at my gf

go for it theres nothing to lose

vengod;4345246

Only tends to happen when im at home tho. Im fine if i sleep at my gf

Does your gf have a gravel path.

maybe its because your in on your own, when im in on my and in bed it takes me ages to get to sleep because i think i can hear noises downstairs and other things but when my partners home im out like a light, im always worried that someones going to break in when im home alone atnight im a wimp lol i cant relax

Probably a daft question, but does anyone else round there have a gravel path? Is it possible that you're hearing a car parking up round a corner and then they're walking up another gravel path?? Failing that, if you've also ruled out large talking dogs that are straying in your garden, I'd make an appointment with your gp and run it past them and see what they say. I'm sure they've heard a lot worse. Probably :-D

Banned

Jumpingphil;4345333

Does your gf have a gravel path.

LOL

oooooooo ghosts!!

One for the shrink! ;-)

i heard about this in an email once, person had exact same problem, how many days has this been going on coz apparently after a month ur supposed to just die.........ill be ok tho........i forwarded the email onto 100 people as it told me to do!!!!!!!!

vengod;4345246

Serious im not kidding...Been going on for a few months now.Only tends to … Serious im not kidding...Been going on for a few months now.Only tends to happen when im at home tho. Im fine if i sleep at my gf

Maybe its a few doors down?

At night it is much quieter and the sound could be magnified.

Also your senses are more relaxed and therefore at a hightened state than normal.

Dude!
I have the same problem, but i live in a cul de sac with less than 15 houses, and there are no gravel drives nearby!

BTW I am a "certified fruitcake"

Heavy stuff.

A quick suggestion - why don't you buy & install one of those outdoor security lights with a PIR sensor that turns the light on when the beam is broken. I think Argos do them pretty cheap.

Install it in a position whereby when it is activated, you can see some of the light from your bedroom. Then at night when you hear the car doors & the subsequent walking down your path, if there is somebody genuinely there, you will see the light flick on. If it doesn't flick on, then no body has broken the beam. This might help you relax more as it takes away the 'suggestion' that someone is coming up/down your path.;-)

I dont get why you think you should go to your doctor?I doubt he would be any help I just think you need to relax or cut down on what your smoking lol either way just chill and try and get sum sleep rather than looking out for every sound you hear.

Who ya gonna call ?

Is there anything the doctor can do about this?

seriously doubt the doc can stop these noises!! Mate...sound travels far further at night as the air is cooler therefore denser, sound travels further in dense air, combined with virtually zero background noise going on at night...sounds from a street away normally unheard will be far clearer, thats why you cant see anyone when you look...they are prob in the next street

If You Build It They Will Come............
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition59608
    2. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers11
    3. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums33
    4. Win a Mama to Bee necklace from Blooming Lovely Jewellery, worth £249! @ Ne…33

See more discussions