Groups

one for the ladies, help and advice please - handbag making

I say ladies, some males may possibly be able to help me....
    Anyway, I'm looking at doing some sort of clothing fashion degree in a year, but i havn't got any experience past simple clothing repairs and customizing or accessory (badges mainly) making, and would like to try and make some bags to try and get some experience. does anyone know of any good website that they have found good tutorials or handy tips, or does anyone have any tips themselves? Iv googled but theres loads, and loads that have nothing of use, so hoping maybe someone had their own success from online tutorials/tips, or just happened across a wonderful site that I would only find by accident, or even advice on a really helpful book. Id maybe like to start making a simple clutch like on ebay 170522033285 , just for personal, not to sell, unless i do get good. It looks simple but Im struggling to figure out how to add the lining and hide unsightly seams etc
    any help would be greatly appreciated, i mite be terrible at it, but Id like to at least try.

15 Comments

Banned

Have you looked on you tube?

Original Poster

DLM

Have you looked on you tube?

yeah, i meant to mention that, some are rubbish, so maybe someone has bookmarked some good vids?
    and personally i prefer to have written instructions with pics rather than watch a vid, iv always worked better that way, so i wouldnt mind buying a good recommended book. but I wouldnt rule out vids

i will of course keep looking myself, but I may miss something good, and I want some time to do aswel as research. thankyou though

Banned

tatemze

yeah, i meant to mention that, some are rubbish, so maybe someone has … yeah, i meant to mention that, some are rubbish, so maybe someone has bookmarked some good vids?and personally i prefer to have written instructions with pics rather than watch a vid, iv always worked better that way, so i wouldnt mind buying a good recommended book. but I wouldnt rule out vidsi will of course keep looking myself, but I may miss something good, and I want some time to do aswel as research. thankyou though

Have a trip to library.

Banned

This place is not far from you:-

botanybay.co.uk/loc…tml

It has lot's of crafty shops inside, I am sure the stallholders would give you some tips.

Good luck!

Original Poster

DLM

This place is not far from … This place is not far from you:-http://www.botanybay.co.uk/location.shtmlIt has lot's of crafty shops inside, I am sure the stallholders would give you some tips.Good luck!

thankyou!
    i dont drive so prob wouldnt go botany bay
    i never thought of going to the library, and its only round the corner! what an airhead i am at times

would still appreciate any help/recommendations if anyone has them, theres nothing like advice from experience

would be interested in buying any helpful books to if any1 has any to sell
    Edited by: "tatemze" 2nd Aug 2010

Banned

DLM

This place is not far from … This place is not far from you:-http://www.botanybay.co.uk/location.shtmlIt has lot's of crafty shops inside, I am sure the stallholders would give you some tips.Good luck!

thankyou!
    i dont drive so prob wouldnt go botany bay
    i never thought of going to the library, and its only round the corner! what an airhead i am at times

would still appreciate any help/recommendations if anyone has them, theres nothing like advice from experience[/quote]

You can also subscribe to a craft mag through quidco:-

magazine-group.co.uk/mag…aft

Original Poster

DLM

Also The Stitch & Creative Crafts Show is on soon in … Also The Stitch & Creative Crafts Show is on soon in Manchester:-http://www.manchestercentral.co.uk/forthcoming-events/the-stitch-creative-crafts-show-77Get the train

thankyou, uv been very helpful, i shall take a look

the show sounds really good, the workshops aswel! and theres coaches, thankyou
    Edited by: "tatemze" 2nd Aug 2010

Original Poster

DLM

Last thing before … Last thing before bed:-http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=33555721&highlight=handbag#post33555721

thanks again, youve been fab, wud leave rep if i could

Banned

tatemze

thanks again, youve been fab, wud leave rep if i could

You can help me when I am coming to Blackpool which might be this Sunday for the air-show x x

Original Poster

DLM

You can help me when I am coming to Blackpool which might be this Sunday … You can help me when I am coming to Blackpool which might be this Sunday for the air-show x x

ill try my best
    didnt know the airshow was on actually

Banned

tatemze

ill try my bestdidnt know the airshow was on actually

I am definitely going to bed now because I am taking my dad to his friend's funeral in the morning.

Here is the link for the air-show:-

visitblackpool.com/sit…120

Original Poster

anyone else have any tips, recommendations etc for me please?

Original Poster

anyone else?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4522111
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?35195
      3. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1334
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846346

See more discussions