One game (past or present) to take to a desert island, what do you take?

Found 22nd Mar
Life on a desert island with only one game for entertainment....you have all the equipment and power required to run it! What do you take?!

My choice - GTA Vice City, excellent sound track and hours of fun 👌🏻
Community Updates
  1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
40 Comments
deleted265520
Good question.

Ideally a game with a lot of replayability. I'd probably choose Skyrim. It's not my favourite game by any means but it is up there. The fact that you could easily have a 200+ hour save and then do a completely different build and start again.

Also, you state that you have all the equipment and power to run it. I've never played the PC version so I'd get that with all the mods and extras to add even more content.
Inb4 'hide the sausage'

33495486-qkIJu.jpg
Original Poster
Good choice! I went down the nostalgia route but your thinking certainly would keep you occupied for weeks 🏻
Jet Set Willy - the original Spectrum version with the bugs that meant it was impossible to finish.
The desert island days would fly by.
Jet pac as I have never completed it !
Wongy1105 m ago

Inb4 'hide the sausage'[Image]

Oh, and Hide the...damn!
fivegoldstars9 m ago

Jet Set Willy - the original Spectrum version with the bugs that meant it …Jet Set Willy - the original Spectrum version with the bugs that meant it was impossible to finish. The desert island days would fly by.

Prefer manic miner
The curse of monkey island
Horice goes skiing Sorry I will stop now
OoEliteoO8 m ago

Prefer manic miner

Yep, me too, but I was playing this tactically.
Manic Miner is too easy to complete, the original JSW is impossible.
Wipeout, could play it forever.
Infinite warfare
Fortnite, depending if there will be people to actually play with, if not crackdown for the Xbox 360
Civ2.

Too many hours playing this game, and Civilizations subsequent sequels.......
Can i count the entire Fallout series as one game?
nemesiz11 m ago

Civ2. Too many hours playing this game, and Civilizations subsequent …Civ2. Too many hours playing this game, and Civilizations subsequent sequels.......

Yep I would also choose a Civ game. Hours of my life wasted on these games
Bloodborne
Probably Minecraft+mods, or Lumber Tycoon 2 on Roblox. (3rd choice Skyrim+mods)
deeky56 m ago

No

Fair enough......

Red Dead Redemption.
Football Manager (whatever the latest version is)
I would take a pack of playing cards.
Rollercoaster tycoon
Age of Empires II.

But I probably wouldn't play it as I would be too concerned about all the sand getting in to the machine.

I could look at the box art though.
the original Football Manager on ZX Spectrum
Bounty Bob Strikes Back also on ZX Spectrum, hours of harmless fun
StoneColdJaneAusten9 h, 30 m ago

Can i count the entire Fallout series as one game?

deeky9 h, 25 m ago

No

StoneColdJaneAusten8 h, 28 m ago

Fair enough......Red Dead Redemption.

That's not fair!

"Call of Duty {insert year or ridiculous sub-title here}" is the same game as the previous instalment (well, everything after "Call of Duty [4]: Modern Warfare [nil]")

Also see: "FIFA {insert year here}".
fanpages2 m ago

That's not fair!"Call of Duty {insert year or ridiculous sub-title here}" …That's not fair!"Call of Duty {insert year or ridiculous sub-title here}" is the same game as the previous instalment (well, everything after "Call of Duty [4]: Modern Warfare [nil]")Also see: "FIFA {insert year here}".

They would have got the same reply had they asked. I'm not picking on Jane.
deeky1 m ago

They would have got the same reply had they asked. I'm not picking on Jane.

Have you not finished "Bloodborne" yet?
fanpages1 m ago

Have you not finished "Bloodborne" yet?

Finished it twice but I could do a 3rd time. I'd rather play that than anything else I can think of.

Have you played it fp?
deeky3 m ago

Finished it twice but I could do a 3rd time. I'd rather play that than …Finished it twice but I could do a 3rd time. I'd rather play that than anything else I can think of. Have you played it fp?

I've got @MSK.'s original disc & I bought the "The Old Hunters" expansion, but I didn't like it, so it remains unplayed beyond the first hour.

I didn't get on with all the "Dark Souls" / "Demon's Souls" stuff either.
fanpages6 m ago

I've got @MSK.'s original disc & I bought the "The Old Hunters" expansion, …I've got @MSK.'s original disc & I bought the "The Old Hunters" expansion, but I didn't like it, so it remains unplayed beyond the first hour.I didn't get on with all the "Dark Souls" / "Demon's Souls" stuff either.

That's a shame. I loved every second of it even though I'm not a Dark Souls fan either.
fanpages7 m ago

I've got @MSK.'s original disc & I bought the "The Old Hunters" expansion, …I've got @MSK.'s original disc & I bought the "The Old Hunters" expansion, but I didn't like it, so it remains unplayed beyond the first hour.I didn't get on with all the "Dark Souls" / "Demon's Souls" stuff either.

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it. I will pick very carefully indeed if I ever try to twist your arm to play another game
MSK.1 m ago

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it. I will pick very carefully indeed if I …I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it. I will pick very carefully indeed if I ever try to twist your arm to play another game

It's not you, kittles. It's him
deeky12 m ago

It's not you, kittles. It's him

Maybe but I like to try to pay attention to friends likes and dislikes. I did say try.
Edited by: "MSK." 23rd Mar
MSK.11 m ago

Maybe but I like to try to pay attention to friends likes and …Maybe but I like to try to pay attention to friends likes and dislikes. I did say try.

It's definitely me.

Your kitty selection senses are fine
33500525-dm4tM.jpg
This, as I'm still not bored of it after 35 years!
FloatingWilson58 m ago

[Image] This, as I'm still not bored of it after 35 years!

You need some of this

33500756-ApJUG.jpg
Edited by: "MSK." 23rd Mar
M.A.G. Awesome game.
AV-8B Harrier Assault. A mix of two of my favourite genres- flight sims and real time strategy games. Play it as a RTS but jump into the aircraft sim for the attack or just stick with one or the other. After a few months I might even be to land the thing on a moving carrier deck..

Homeworld or Silent Hunter 2for runner up...
Edited by: "gari189" 23rd Mar
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants