One month data sim for holiday

Found 28th Jul
I have a work phone, but no roaming, so would like to pick up a sim so I can use the internetfor my holiday in Bulgaria. Anyone know of the best value, potentially to also allow tethering (to share with the kids), and that I can cancel immediately but still use for the month?

cheers!
Community Updates
Ask
19 Comments
I know its a bit out of left field - but why not just find a café/bar with wifi ? - they are all over the place . You and your kids are surely not going on holiday just to peer into your mobile devices all the time ? Catch up a couple of times a day if you must whilst have a meal/drink /ice cream - You'll be on holiday - give the games ,facebook etc a rest for a few days -you'll feel better for it .
I'd recommend SMARTY, they recently added EU Roaming and it's the best I've seen for 30 day. Tethering is also working for me.
Edited by: "troync3" 28th Jul
3 PAYG handset SIM with £20 add-on gives you 30days to exhaust total UK & roaming allowances of 3003000mins, 3000txts & max 12GB data. PAYG so no hit on credit file, plus just sling it when done. Can tether if you jump thru some hoops. Difficult to say what quality of service you will receive, same as any other service where no recent experience is available three.co.uk/sup…ria and three.co.uk/Sto…_Go
Edited by: "AndyRoyd" 29th Jul
Since Bulgaria an EU country, roaming is free with any UK SIM that allows roaming (which most of them do). Superdrug Mobile may be good for you, pay £10 and make sure auto-renew is disabled - you then get 4GB data (to use in a month) and will receive £10 back in Superdrug points if it's your first month.
Thanks for the comments.
unclecuddles8 m ago

Thanks for the comments.

Keep us updated
Look at buying data SIMs from 3 for cash to avoid charges turning up. 24 gb preloaded, valid for 24 months for £60 is very good value. It can be used in one device or in a mi-fi if travelling with (trustable) friends and family.
quetonix8 h, 27 m ago

Check this out, it might be what you are looking …Check this out, it might be what you are looking for:https://www.mymemory.co.uk/3-payg-4g-trio-sim-pack-aio25-3000-minutes-3000-texts-30gb-data.html

SOUTHWALES15 m ago

https://www.mymemory.co.uk/3-payg-4g-trio-sim-pack-aio25-3000-minutes-3000-texts-30gb-data.html?wgu=711_116019_15328566870384_d958d68974&wgexpiry=1540632687&source=Webgains

Quid cheaper from MyMemory ebay site
quetonix10 h, 49 m ago

Check this out, it might be what you are looking …Check this out, it might be what you are looking for:https://www.mymemory.co.uk/3-payg-4g-trio-sim-pack-aio25-3000-minutes-3000-texts-30gb-data.html

Just checked the 3 website and there is a 12Gb limit on roaming data on the 30Gb and all you can eat data sims, so potentially no point in buying any more than 12Gb from 3. My wife has 2Gb data on her contract with Vodafone, and my daughter is already on 3 I think she has 8Gb data, go binge and still manages to use it all, so there might be an option to top up one of these for a month but means they have to be around when we want to use it. I have a 3 sim in my iPad with the 200mb free per month, so again there is the option to top that up so long as it reverts back to the free 200mb!
Anyone used VOXI? 30Gb for £20 with unlimited social media. It uses Vodafone
unclecuddles2 m ago

Anyone used VOXI? 30Gb for £20 with unlimited social media. It uses …Anyone used VOXI? 30Gb for £20 with unlimited social media. It uses Vodafone

Haven't used it, you have to be 25 or under and give your passport details to prove it though.
I’ll use my lads details if need be.

T&Cs for VOXI say If you use our services outside of the UK for more than 50% of a rolling 4 month period we will send you a text requesting that you moderate your use of our services. If your use of our services outside the UK continues to exceed 50% of your total usage in the two weeks following such a request this usage will fall outside our Acceptable Use Policy and we will impose further charges on your account or reserve the right to disconnect or restrict your service. Further information on roaming charges outside the UK can be found at voxi.co.uk/pricing-guide.

Not sure where that would leave me if all I used it for in the month was whilst on holiday for 2 weeks
The deal is 45Gb for £20 on the VOXI website at the moment. Or 6Gb for £10 plus £7 add on for unlimited video should suffice given that social media traffic is unlimited.
quetonix12 h, 57 m ago

Check this out, it might be what you are looking for: …Check this out, it might be what you are looking for: https://www.mymemory.co.uk/3-payg-4g-trio-sim-pack-aio25-3000-minutes-3000-texts-30gb-data.html

deeky4 h, 29 m ago

Quid cheaper from MyMemory ebay site

Paying 3 for 30GB roaming can be kinda wasteful cos 3 limits PAYG roaming data to 12GB, plus tethering can be problematic from a 3 handset SIM. But good value for what it is and its obvsly not much more than the standard 12GB £20 option.
unclecuddles1 h, 30 m ago

I’ll use my lads details if need be. T&Cs for VOXI say If you use our s …I’ll use my lads details if need be. T&Cs for VOXI say If you use our services outside of the UK for more than 50% of a rolling 4 month period we will send you a text requesting that you moderate your use of our services. If your use of our services outside the UK continues to exceed 50% of your total usage in the two weeks following such a request this usage will fall outside our Acceptable Use Policy and we will impose further charges on your account or reserve the right to disconnect or restrict your service. Further information on roaming charges outside the UK can be found at voxi.co.uk/pricing-guide.Not sure where that would leave me if all I used it for in the month was whilst on holiday for 2 weeks

That specific restriction would not be invoked unless "you use our services outside of the UK for more than 50% of a rolling 4 month period"; based on two weeks not reaching threshold of 50% of 4 months.
AndyRoyd30 m ago

Paying 3 for 30GB roaming can be kinda wasteful cos 3 limits PAYG roaming …Paying 3 for 30GB roaming can be kinda wasteful cos 3 limits PAYG roaming data to 12GB, plus tethering can be problematic from a 3 handset SIM. But good value for what it is and its obvsly not much more than the standard 12GB £20 option.

1p less in fact
deeky16 m ago

1p less in fact

Respect ! Almost, except the ebay item is shipped from Jersey so may be subject to import fees at around total £15 inc admin fee.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions