One plus 6 128gb for full price £519 , Huawei P20 pro for £575 or the Huawei mate 10 pro for £368 ?

Found 18th Jul
Any opinions welcome

Money's not a problem on this just bang for buck vs best purchase price

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
AskHuawei Smartphone
12 Comments
Mate 10 Pro is by far the best bang for buck.

It has exactly the same processor (Kirin 970), RAM (6GB), battery capacity (4000mAh) and storage (128GB) as the P20 Pro. It's also water resistant, just like the P20 Pro. The OnePlus 6 doesn't have any IP certifications.

I'm not saying the P20 Pro is a bad phone, because it isn't, and I'd have one if I didn't already have the Mate 10 Pro.

The P20 Pro does have a slightly better camera however, and does look a bit nicer.

Whether the difference in price is really worth it, I'll leave that to you.

Here's a comparison on GSMArena:

gsmarena.com/com…109
Also the battery life will be about 20% better on the Mate 10 Pro and P20 Pro compared to the OnePlus 6. The OnePlus 6's battery capacity seems quite small to me after checking the specs and endurance ratings on GSMA.
preecey3 m ago

Mate 10 Pro is by far the best bang for buck.It has exactly the same …Mate 10 Pro is by far the best bang for buck.It has exactly the same processor (Kirin 970), RAM (6GB), battery capacity (4000mAh) and storage (128GB) as the P20 Pro. It's also water resistant, just like the P20 Pro. The OnePlus 6 doesn't have any IP certifications. I'm not saying the P20 Pro is a bad phone, because it isn't, and I'd have one if I didn't already have the Mate 10 Pro. The P20 Pro does have a slightly better camera however, and does look a bit nicer.Whether the difference in price is really worth it, I'll leave that to you. Here's a comparison on GSMArena:https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=8854&idPhone2=9106&idPhone3=9109

I would have owned a mate 10 pro for 2 weeks had Argos not fudged up and sent 1 when I ordered 2 , my dad got that one so I know it's a great phone

Guess I'm asking if you had to pick one to be given which one it would be ?
If I had to pick one that would be given to me as a gift and I didn't consider price in any way, it would be the P20 Pro.

If I knew the price, I would only consider the Mate 10 Pro because it offers insane value for money.
preecey1 m ago

If I had to pick one that would be given to me as a gift and I didn't …If I had to pick one that would be given to me as a gift and I didn't consider price in any way, it would be the P20 Pro. If I knew the price, I would only consider the Mate 10 Pro because it offers insane value for money.

Ok devil's advocate , based on the price I can get them for same question ?
The P20 Pro isn't worth the extra £200, unless you really prefer the iPhone X-like screen and twilight back. That really does look great.

I'd never consider the OnePlus in any scenario. I don't like stock Android, and prefer some sort of protection in terms of water resistance, if I were to ever drop my phone in the bath or toilet. The Huawei siblings both have ingress protection, the OnePlus doesn't.
preecey20 m ago

The P20 Pro isn't worth the extra £200, unless you really prefer the …The P20 Pro isn't worth the extra £200, unless you really prefer the iPhone X-like screen and twilight back. That really does look great.I'd never consider the OnePlus in any scenario. I don't like stock Android, and prefer some sort of protection in terms of water resistance, if I were to ever drop my phone in the bath or toilet. The Huawei siblings both have ingress protection, the OnePlus doesn't.

You are fully on my wave length

Although the battery management on the 1+6 Is meant to be well managed and the 1080p screen helps I just put it in there for balance

So undecided , but then £200 Is a massive difference logically
Of course, it's totally up to you. It does seem that you're edging towards the OnePlus 6 though, which is fine, but I don't want you to regret your purchase after getting it.

Remember Huawei phones have excellent power management as well. I often see screen on times in excess of 6 hours on my Mate 10 Pro. That's something that simply cannot be said about any other phone I have owned. And I've owned a LOT of smartphones, including six iPhones.

After a full day of heavy use I still find myself with some power left on my Mate 10 Pro from its full charge in the morning. Other phones I've owned have generally required a top up charge during the day from my power bank. My old iPhone 6 always required a top up during the day. Hated that phone because of its poor battery.
No not really just had an honour and a Huawei, last phone was a s7 edge that has been a constant problem since ownership

Mate 10 is the Mr Spock option , it's just the camera on the p20 pro that sucks me in however .....£200 .....
I appreciate your input though

Pity this was not a car lease deal I'd have so many people's opinions I'd be completely lost lol
I would go for the non pro version of the mate 10. It's specs are superior in some aspects. Also screen isn't the new slim but tall format.
preecey5 h, 9 m ago

The P20 Pro isn't worth the extra £200, unless you really prefer the …The P20 Pro isn't worth the extra £200, unless you really prefer the iPhone X-like screen and twilight back. That really does look great.I'd never consider the OnePlus in any scenario. I don't like stock Android, and prefer some sort of protection in terms of water resistance, if I were to ever drop my phone in the bath or toilet. The Huawei siblings both have ingress protection, the OnePlus doesn't.

Seems odd to not like stock, you can make it look however you want
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants