Groups

One rule for one and one rule for another........

Why is my lass who works for Clydsdale bank is not allowed to post a great deal on here regarding a mortgage offer, when at the moment on the DEALS just now there is a deal for Alliance and Leicster?
    Only because my lass has admited that she works for the bank she was refused....

hotukdeals.com/ite…cu/
    &
    hotukdeals.com/ite…cu/

I know she is a member of the bank but will gain nothing from posting the deal, plus iv been told that the person's who posted the deals for Alliance and Leicster doesnt work for that company (thats why there allowed to post it)..............how the heck do you know that ??? Do u know for a fact they dont work for that company?

is it because Quidco is involved.....hmmmmmm

73 Comments

Post it yourself ( i presume you don't work there )
    That way you could at least find out if that was the real reason
    it was pulled..........

Why is my lass who works Clydsdale bank is not allowed to post a great … Why is my lass who works Clydsdale bank is not allowed to post a great deal on here regarding a mortgage offer,

my lass has admited that she works for the bank

That was an easy one.

is it because Quidco is involved.....hmmmmmm

Snore..............

I always find this very bizarre........plenty of people who work fo various supermarkets etc give heads up of deals and they are allowed. Dont understand it myself :roll:

Some people make it clear who they work for, but if they post a deal involving that company nothing is said (providing they dont benefit from it).

Dont see why it matters, as long as you are not benefiting personally. People who work in a company are going to have insider knowledge and websites like this should make use of them if they are willing to use it to benefit others.

The whole site seems to be one rule for some and other rules for everyone else, it is something that many people have commented on.

Original Poster

simon012;5127230

Post it yourself ( i presume you don't work there )That way you could at … Post it yourself ( i presume you don't work there )That way you could at least find out if that was the real reasonit was pulled..........

She asked first before posting it, she was told that she couldnt post it because she worked for the bank....she specifically would not gain anything from the bank because its an application through the internet, telephone or going into ANY branch

How do we know the people who posted the alliance deals dont work for them?

i thought about posting it but i cant be bothered with the whole "being banned" routine :x

It would seem a few deals have been removed recently, one for a DSI at Asda and another for an XBox... apparently "self promotion" which is now frowned upon, although the posters were employees.

Original Poster

thesaint;5127236

Snore..............

if you cant say anything PRODUCTIVE then please leave this thread, obviously you have the choice .....if not then please grow up !! :whistling:

Original Poster

kelly_o_fanatic;5127248

The whole site seems to be one rule for some and other rules for everyone … The whole site seems to be one rule for some and other rules for everyone else, it is something that many people have commented on.

I think its to do with Quidco.....why else have the Alliance deals not been removed ....

not fair i think !!!

saxo_appeal;5127255

She asked first before posting it, she was told that she couldnt post it … She asked first before posting it, she was told that she couldnt post it because she worked for the bank....she specifically would not gain anything from the bank because its an application through the internet, telephone or going into ANY branchHow do we know the people who posted the alliance deal dont work for them?i thought about posting it but i cant be bothered with the whole "being banned" routine :x

Probably not worth it now ( esp. after this thread )
    You will probably just get banned like you said.

Original Poster

cuzzy;5127260

It would seem a few deals have been removed recently, one for a DSI at … It would seem a few deals have been removed recently, one for a DSI at Asda and another for an XBox... apparently "self promotion" which is now frowned upon, although the posters were employees.

See Cuzzy....this is what im not understanding...........

why was the DSI removed just because it was an employee??

I cant understand this....this site was set up for getting a great bargain.....i think this site is loosing touch and too many (daft) rules are being set in place !!

Bring back the old Hot Uk Deals !! it was much more fun.....and you got loads of bargains

Supermod

There seriously deserves the attention of a MOD for clear clarification on the matter.

magicjay1986;5127366

There seriously deserves the attention of a MOD for clear clarification … There seriously deserves the attention of a MOD for clear clarification on the matter.

Well I have reported and spammed this thread so that it can be moved to the correct forum.

A mod can then explain for the millionth time the rule that has been there for years.

Supermod

thesaint;5127393

Well I have reported and spammed this thread so that it can be moved to … Well I have reported and spammed this thread so that it can be moved to the correct forum.A mod can then explain for the millionth time the rule that has been there for years.

I wouldnt expect any more from you.

It is unfair when there is no personal gain from a deal. It should be up to the discretion of the mods to decide whether or not the member is receiving personal gain. Following the rule as it reads leads to absurdity. As shown in this scenario.

I didnt see the deal. If the member was gaining anything from it then I would say the rule is fair. If the member isnt receiving anything from it, it should be allowed to stand.

saxo_appeal;5127347

See Cuzzy....this is what im not understanding...........why was the DSI … See Cuzzy....this is what im not understanding...........why was the DSI removed just because it was an employee?? I cant understand this....this site was set up for getting a great bargain.....i think this site is loosing touch and too many (daft) rules are being set in place !!Bring back the old Hot Uk Deals !! it was much more fun.....and you got loads of bargains

It does seem crazy not to allow employees to give a heads up by posting a deal, I always think back to the Wii games deal at Morrisons posted by a manager ( who never hid the fact) one of the hottest deals ever, yet was removed only to be reinstated after loads of complaints.

He was told not to post deals again without prior permission... I dont think he has posted a deal since. :x

Original Poster

thesaint;5127393

Well I have reported and spammed this thread so that it can be moved to … Well I have reported and spammed this thread so that it can be moved to the correct forum.A mod can then explain for the millionth time the rule that has been there for years.

[SIZE="5"]GOD !!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE] You really are a pain in the a***

Stop trying to be a Mod and grow up! if you keep going the way your going your def not going to make any friends on here!!

Go and annoy others !!!!!!!!!!!! your def not welcome on this thread..... im fed up of you spamming and expiring anything from me and my lass !!
    Im not going into a slagging mach and i dont intend on anyone else to follow on from my comments....so please leave if you cant say anything productive...

RIGHT !! Back on topic......

Yes i think there should be a look at this, Kelly even says there is one rule for one and one rule for another !! I respect what she says and i think were right !!

You need to get "in" with a Mod.

I'm seriously considering it.

Either that or just trying to get myself banned.

saxo_appeal;5127482

[/COLOR][SIZE="5"]GOD !!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE] You really are a pain in … [/COLOR][SIZE="5"]GOD !!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE] You really are a pain in the a***Stop trying to be a Mod and grow up! Go and annoy others !!!!!!!!!!!! your def not welcome on this thread..... im fed up of you spamming and expiring anything from me and my lass !! RIGHT !! Back on topic......Yes i think there should be a look at this, Kelly even says there is one rule for one and one rule for another !! I respect what she says and i think were right !!

+1

Original Poster

Were just saying the rules are getting a bit too tight these days.....

c'mon paul, we used to love getting the special deals that employees used to post..we got them before anyone else did, i realise about the ones that will make money from posting .....but Asda ? lol

Loosin the strings just a bit...think im speaking on behalf of most of the people on here about this

just viewing my opinions and asking why is one deal on here when another wasnt allowed!

saxo_appeal;5127584

Were just saying the rules are getting a bit too tight these … Were just saying the rules are getting a bit too tight these days.....c'mon paul, we used to love getting the special deals that employees used to post..we got them before anyone else did, i realise about the ones that will make money from posting .....but Asda ? lolLoosin the strings just a bit...think im speaking on behalf of most of the people on here about this just viewing my opinions and asking why is one deal on here when another wasnt allowed!

You'll never get a straight answer from a Mod on here these days, you'll just get the usual bunch of wannabe's sticking their oar in.

Supermod

hornblowerracing;5127616

You'll never get a straight answer from a Mod on here these days, you'll … You'll never get a straight answer from a Mod on here these days, you'll just get the usual bunch of wannabe's sticking their oar in.

If he wants/expects an answer then he really ought to report it and ask for it to be moved to feedback. Misc raises awareness though, which is great.

saxo_appeal;5127482

[SIZE="5"]GOD !!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE] You really are a pain in the a***

I know thesaint's memory card thread is awesome but surely there is no need to call him god:?

Original Poster

Ach well, were now in Feedback now lol

I would assume its because as she works for the bank it could be seen as the bank advertising in an unfair way

Of course on hot deals we all like a bit of insider info but you have to follow the rules with it too...

Have you thought of posting it yourself?

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;5127692

I would assume its because as she works for the bank it could be seen as … I would assume its because as she works for the bank it could be seen as the bank advertising in an unfair way

How do we know the people who have posted the Alliance deals....dont work for them???

ClarityofMind;5127692

but you have to follow the rules with it too...

The Rules are a bit tight....esp the Asda one !! how is one lone person going to profit from it when its such a massive company!!

ClarityofMind;5127692

Have you thought of posting it yourself

i have.....but ill be banned coz she is my girlfriend

Original Poster

Ach well, here we go again......

Cast away into the feedback forum....... think we should call this forum "Dead End"

No one looks in here and tends not to post

ah well !

still in misc for me?

say sod them, spiting members by not getting the good info your offering, when there is a clear difference to self promo than honest sharing good deals, i work for travelodge and know some upcoming stuff, i will not gain anything but would not be alloweed to post, their loss!

Original Poster

loupomm;5127992

still in misc for me?

Just predicting the future :whistling:

[QUOTE=loupomm;5127992]still in misc for me?

QUOTE]

For me too!

loupomm;5127992

still in misc for me?say sod them, spiting members by not getting the … still in misc for me?say sod them, spiting members by not getting the good info your offering, when there is a clear difference to self promo than honest sharing good deals, i work for travelodge and know some upcoming stuff, i will not gain anything but would not be alloweed to post, their loss!

Still in misc here too.....

saxo_appeal;5127898

Ach well, here we go again......Cast away into the feedback forum....... … Ach well, here we go again......Cast away into the feedback forum....... think we should call this forum "Dead End" No one looks in here and tends not to post ah well !

ah well its not such a big thing to worry about in the grand scheme of things.

Hope you and your pretty lady are having a great day otherwise x x

It really is a feedback issue though isn't it:oops:

Don't worry I'm going btw.....

Banned

As an example:-Tesco give valued employees the option to purchase shares at a discount rate, by an employee of Tesco putting a deal on here Tesco make more profit increasing the value of their shares, this is self promotion and personal gain

http://www.gigacrate.com/Blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/doh.gif

lumoruk;5128105

As an example:- Tesco give valued employees the option to purchase shares … As an example:- Tesco give valued employees the option to purchase shares at a discount rate, by an employee of Tesco putting a deal on here Tesco make more profit increasing the value of their shares, this is self promotion.

So we better not hear from any Tesco employees then?

Or Morrison's Managers when the half price games deals come back?

Hmmm.

lumoruk;5128105

As an example:- Tesco give valued employees the option to purchase shares … As an example:- Tesco give valued employees the option to purchase shares at a discount rate, by an employee of Tesco putting a deal on here Tesco make more profit increasing the value of their shares, this is self promotion and personal gain

I think thats ridiculous, For the sake of the few pence they could potentially make in a share, It hardly outways a hot deal and what all us could save!

kmac;5128202

I think thats ridiculous, For the sake of the few pence they could … I think thats ridiculous, For the sake of the few pence they could potentially make in a share, It hardly outways a hot deal and what all us could save!

Try telling the people that run this site that. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

hornblowerracing;5128129

So we better not hear from any Tesco employees then?Or Morrison's … So we better not hear from any Tesco employees then?Or Morrison's Managers when the half price games deals come back?Hmmm.

See this is when it totally blows out of context

Its right if someone who posts a deal on here from tesco, morrison asds etc....

do they all do shares? if they do then rightfully in the end it does go back to the person with the shares....

lumoruk;5128105

Tesco make more profit increasing the value of their shares, this is … Tesco make more profit increasing the value of their shares, this is self promotion and personal gain

So yeh.....we shouldnt really have any deals from Tesco, morrisons or asda etc

Banned

saxo_appeal;5128245

So yeh.....we shouldnt really have any deals from Tesco, morrisons or … So yeh.....we shouldnt really have any deals from Tesco, morrisons or asda etc

Saying that I have shares in Tesco :? but I'm an ex-employee and it's more than a few pence because Tesco pay out dividends on a regular basis.

Does it matter? why are you so bothered?

Id' try contacting a mod and asking if you can post the deal, because you don't work for them. If it comes back as 'oh you can't post because your girlfriend works for them', then obviously the whole site needs a shake up because I wonder how many of the deals on here have been posted because the other half or a mate works for , say Morrisons/Tesco, tells their friend that there's going to be a big deal on games, then said friend, being a member on here, posts the deal for us all to take advantage of.....

saxo_appeal;5128245

See this is when it totally blows out of contextIts right if someone who … See this is when it totally blows out of contextIts right if someone who posts a deal on here from tesco, morrison asds etc....do they all do shares? if they do then rightfully in the end it does go back to the person with the shares....So yeh.....we shouldnt really have any deals from Tesco, morrisons or asda etc

Morrisons do profit share with staff members, So there's another self promotion it could get ridiculous.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. FREE Odeon cinema ticket25
      2. WONGA REFUNDS DUE2121028
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767502
      4. Cat Chat77752

See more discussions