Groups

One step better than a Huawaie P9 Lite (and available from carphone warehouse)

Any thoughts on replacing my HTC Desire 620 with Carphone Warehouse's suggestion: Huawei P9 Lite

??

I like the 3GB RAM and I have no problem with Huawei.

But I'm thinking, a long period of volunteer work is starting to pay off, I'm beginning to get paid as an IT Tutor... Now might NOT be the time to be a scrooge on a new phone...!

What might be a sensible 'next one up'?

- I'm still on a budget
    - Not fussy about brands
    - Can't go for iPhone, can't go Samsung either
    - 3GB RAM is really attractive (I use a lot of Apps Inc server and account admins)

Many many thanks in advance, I always get good progress after consulting my Oracles at HUKD!

8 Comments

Check out banggood.com, although their delivery takes more than a week the prices you will find there will be unbeatable. On the other hand, for someone unaccustomed those sites I would guide you to try out Amazon and look for the Umi Super at £180 (or the umi plus). It has better performance and overall features including a 4000mah battery!
    Hands-on review:
    ( review-hub.co.uk/umi…on/ )
    Banggood:
    ( m.banggood.com/UMI…tml )
    Amazon:
    ( amazon.co.uk/gp/…1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1475415873&sr=8-2π=SL75&keywords=umi+super )

How much are you paying for the P9 Lite?

Is it Sim Free or a Pay Monthly Deal?

I think that the £ you are paying is important before we give you advice

Original Poster

MarioMan

How much are you paying for the P9 Lite? Is it Sim Free or a Pay Monthly … How much are you paying for the P9 Lite? Is it Sim Free or a Pay Monthly Deal?I think that the £ you are paying is important before we give you advice

True... Trying to avoid influencing answers...

Quoted £13.50 per month Inc phone and contract in the shop last Thursday
    (although the sneaky **** said £15.50 today on the phone!)

Conservative plan, 250MB data, idk minutes/txt, doesn't matter that much to me

I'm on o2 now paying ~£16 per month with about 6 months to go until I've paid off the phone and it reverts to half of that.

Carphone WH say I can try their network for 14 days and return it no strings if I want (or put it on o2)
    - If reception is good I'll keep it on their network
    - I expect it won't be as I'm in a bad area
    - In any case, o2 have TuGo which I rely on... Others still don't have that...
    Edited by: "wide" 3rd Oct 2016

wide

True... Trying to avoid influencing answers...Quoted £13.50 per month Inc … True... Trying to avoid influencing answers...Quoted £13.50 per month Inc phone and contract in the shop last Thursday(although the sneaky **** said £15.50 today on the phone!)Conservative plan, 250GB data, idk minutes/txt, doesn't matter that much to meI'm on o2 now paying ~£16 per month with about 6 months to go until I've paid off the phone and it reverts to half of that.Carphone WH say I can try their network for 14 days and return it no strings if I want (or put it on o2) - If reception is good I'll keep it on their network - I expect it won't be as I'm in a bad area - In any case, o2 have TuGo which I rely on... Others still don't have that...

What NETWORK would that deal be on?

I would personally say go for it. As it's very difficult to find 3GB RAM phones (not Chinese imports) which are budget/reasonably priced

Original Poster

MarioMan

very difficult to find 3GB RAM phones (not Chinese imports) which are … very difficult to find 3GB RAM phones (not Chinese imports) which are budget/reasonably priced

^That's what I was thinking...

I can put in on o2 after the14 day trial of Carphone whse's network tells me reception isn't good.

The £13.50 was said before mantioning the 14 day trial.

I think I will go for it, even if they blag me up to £15.50. I need a better phone.

wide

Conservative plan, 250GB data, idk minutes/txt, doesn't matter that much … Conservative plan, 250GB data, idk minutes/txt, doesn't matter that much to me ..

250GB seems like a very generous monthly allowance...or do you mean 250mb?
    As for Huawei... I have an Honor7, fantastic phone. I have no hesitation in recommending them.

Original Poster

mrty

250GB seems like a very generous monthly allowance...or do you mean … 250GB seems like a very generous monthly allowance...or do you mean 250mb?As for Huawei... I have an Honor7, fantastic phone. I have no hesitation in recommending them.

UR right, 250MB, fixed

Thx for the Huawei recommendation

Original Poster

BTW, Got P9 Lite, loving it
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. sky q is it a good deal?55
      2. Speccing a gaming pc37
      3. help: windows 10 wifi issue55
      4. Best IPTV Paid service?1721