Groups

One Way Car/Truck Rental Canada

Afternoon all

Im going to Canada in September and looking for a one way car rental.

Calgary 18th Sept - Vancouver 24th

Quotes seems to vary wildly, Anybody have any experience on this type of rental?

I realise there will almost certainly be a one way drop fee they seen to range for $200-$3000

Im wanting ideally a "nice" Premium/Luxury or Truck/SUV to add more to the roadtrip type experience, Ive emailed a few odd independants and tried to Avis, Hertz, Discount etc

Thank in advance

6 Comments

Try rentalcars.com, they're the company I plan to use when I visit the US in the summer. They generally seem to be well regarded on the trip advisor forums.

Not sure about Canada but in the US virtually all companies charge a flat rate surcharge of $500 if you drop off the car at a different location irrespective of the distance you travel.
    Edited by: "spoo" 1st Feb

There is absolutely no need to email the big names, it is a service they provide and usually free of charge. Last minute I booked a Chyrysler 300 for 7 days from Toronto for £172.55 and dropped it off in Montreal. Was going to be same price if I'd taken it back to Toronto.
    You get insurance with it, but the excess is £500, so I took out Car hire excess insurance for £15 from Liesure Guard.

spoo

Try http://www.rentalcars.com, they're the company I plan to use when I … Try http://www.rentalcars.com, they're the company I plan to use when I visit the US in the summer. They generally seem to be well regarded on the trip advisor forums.Not sure about Canada but in the US virtually all companies charge a flat rate surcharge of $500 if you drop off the car at a different location irrespective of the distance you travel.

A $500 surcharge is bonkers. As stated above, as long as you pickup and drop off from participating branches there is no surcharge. Search for Avis one way car rental Canada and it says from $19.99.

spoo

Not sure about Canada but in the US virtually all companies charge a flat … Not sure about Canada but in the US virtually all companies charge a flat rate surcharge of $500 if you drop off the car at a different location irrespective of the distance you travel.

$500 surcharge? They saw you coming! I've never been surcharged for one way rentals within the same US state, and even the out of state ones were less that $100.

Delbert Grady

$500 surcharge? They saw you coming! I've never been surcharged for one … $500 surcharge? They saw you coming! I've never been surcharged for one way rentals within the same US state, and even the out of state ones were less that $100.

That's what I though. Have used A is many times in North America and never heard of such a thing. They do continuously try to do bait and switch with me though.

Original Poster

Reserved via canadianaffair.com managed to get a premium SUV for £370 with just a $100 canadian drop fee paid locally
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want some backless loafers for men66
      2. Any good robotic lawn mower someone could recommend?22
      3. Parcel Hero weight adjustment610
      4. Looking for a deal on nowtv movies34

See more discussions