OneCallPC / Computing, Skills and Technology (CST)

In the new year my employer is starting an employee benefit with OneCallPC where employees can purchase new computer equipment and pay via a payroll deduction. It's very similar to the cycle scheme many employees now promote.

Has anyone used OneCallPC or this scheme before? Experiences?

onecallpc.com/OCP…tml

3 Comments

BT used to do a home computing scheme that sounds like this, although I believe the home computer scheme was a government incentive.

Original Poster

Paddy_o_furniture;7167753

BT used to do a home computing scheme that sounds like this, although I … BT used to do a home computing scheme that sounds like this, although I believe the home computer scheme was a government incentive.

Yes, this is too. It's classed as a payroll benefit, so the payments are taken from your wages before tax and NI is taken, so tax and NI is worked out at the lower rate.

Be very wary of onecallpc.com. Here is a track of emails regarding my failed PC bought through my works from them.
30/8/12
It has now been ten days since I originally sent you this email and as yet I have received no reply what so ever.
This is just not good enough by any standards.
Kind Regards,
Chris Maycock.
20/8/12
I received the return of my PC Wednesday 15th August afternoon, I plugged it in and switched on the next morning only to find it will not boot up and is showing exactly the same ‘Start Up Repair’ system window as it was before it was sent to you for repair.
The original fault was the PC was slowing right down, freezing screens and hard disk making noises. It took 24hrs a day for 4 whole days to down load 20Giga of personal data down to a brand new 500Giga USB external drive purposely purchased to store my data before it was sent back to you.
According to the ACER repair sheet, the DVD R/RW drive was replaced as requested by you. I fail to see what the DVD drive as to do with transferring data from the hard drive to an external drive.
Secondly, your courier collected my PC from my work at Hammonds, Nutts Lane on the 23rd April, yet according to Acer repair sheet, they did not receive it until the 20th July. Which was about the time I was chasing you for news of its repair. Does this mean my PC was sitting there collecting dust for 3 months before you decided to send it to Acer?
I am getting really tired of this poor service you are showing me so far.
I believe I am well in my rights to demand immediate resolution of this issue.

Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Ebid over Ebay22
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763999
    3. Better watch out for these...915
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846088

See more discussions