OneDrive Help

Found 21st Nov 2017
Hi, I have installed OneDrive on my phone which has around 400 photos on it.

If I turn camera upload on, it's going to upload all those photos which I don't want, I just want all future photos to be uploaded.

Is this possible? Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
Yes if camera upload is on OneDrive will upload every picture.
Original Poster
Bigspin38 s ago

Yes if camera upload is on OneDrive will upload every picture.

Is there no way to stop it uploading existing photos?
Settings in onedrive app. It's a cog symbol. Camera upload. Additional folders. Here you can add or remove folders you want uploading. But the way I would do it is to move your current 400 photos to another folder. Use the phones file manager to create another folder and move the lot. Then make sure that folder is not selected to be uploaded to one drive. Then only the new pictures will stored in default location and uploaded to onedrive.
Edited by: "wayners" 21st Nov 2017
superfreddy13 m ago

Is there no way to stop it uploading existing photos?

No if I’m not mistaken. Just move old photos to different folder and exclude that folder from settings.
Original Poster
wayners6 m ago

Settings in onedrive app. It's a cog symbol. Camera upload. Additional …Settings in onedrive app. It's a cog symbol. Camera upload. Additional folders. Here you can add or remove folders you want uploading. But the way I would do it is to move your current 400 photos to another folder. Use the phones file manager to create another folder and move the lot. Then make sure that folder is not selected to be uploaded to one drive. Then only the new pictures will stored in default location and uploaded to onedrive.

How do I move photos to a folder in android?
superfreddy16 m ago

How do I move photos to a folder in android?

They are already in a folder. Just move them to a different one and exclude that folder from OneDrive uploads
Original Poster
chocci4 m ago

They are already in a folder. Just move them to a different one and …They are already in a folder. Just move them to a different one and exclude that folder from OneDrive uploads

Yeah but how in Android?
superfreddy1 h, 11 m ago

Yeah but how in Android?

Just use a file manager like FX Explorer,,, play.google.com/sto…=en
Can do all the select all , copy make new folder in say downloads and copy in as in Windows .
You can use the phones file manger. Most phones have a file manner app already installed.. Play around first to get the idea before you go do the lot. It's just like a PC. Create folder. Go to folder with all the photos. Select all. Select move to... Select folder you want to move them to and tap ok. Go look on on YouTube for how to... It's not difficult when you see it done
What I do is I use 2 Camera Locations, in my case the Camera Folder is called DCIM as default, so I have DCIM on the Phone Memory and another DCIM on my Storage Card (or could be just another Folder say DCIM 2 or BACKUP on the Phone Memory if you dont use SD Cards)

My Camera Settings is set to save to the Pics to the Phone Memory, which is also my OneDrive Upload location, so any new Pics get backed up to OneDrive (or A N Other Cloud),

Then once a week, month, what ever, I move (or Copy) all my Camera items across the the SD Card Location, that way if anything happens to my SD Card or Phone for that matter I know everthing is Backed Up to OneDrive on a Regualar basis
Edited by: "zirk" 22nd Nov 2017
Original Poster
zirk1 h, 28 m ago

What I do is I use 2 Camera Locations, in my case the Camera Folder is …What I do is I use 2 Camera Locations, in my case the Camera Folder is called DCIM as default, so I have DCIM on the Phone Memory and another DCIM on my Storage Card (or could be just another Folder say DCIM 2 or BACKUP on the Phone Memory if you dont use SD Cards)My Camera Settings is set to save to the Pics to the Phone Memory, which is also my OneDrive Upload location, so any new Pics get backed up to OneDrive (or A N Other Cloud),Then once a week, month, what ever, I move (or Copy) all my Camera items across the the SD Card Location, that way if anything happens to my SD Card or Phone for that matter I know everthing is Backed Up to OneDrive on a Regualar basis

I just save everything from camera phone to OneDrive. I don't know why you save photos on phone memory if you have a card
superfreddy2 h, 53 m ago

I just save everything from camera phone to OneDrive. I don't know why you …I just save everything from camera phone to OneDrive. I don't know why you save photos on phone memory if you have a card

In my case I dont have a lot of Phone memory, but my main reason is Back Up, and then Back Up again, SD Card get backed up to a Home Drive once a month, I was using Photobucket for all my Photo Back Ups, but since they now want ransom money to recover my Pics (well in there original quality anyway) Im now using OneDrive, in fact I use Google Drive now aswell, can never have to many back up, Ive lost Data in the past, relying too much on these so called Free Cloud services and good quality SD Cards going duff, never again. .
Edited by: "zirk" 22nd Nov 2017
Original Poster
zirk2 m ago

In my case I dont have a lot of Phone memory, but my main reason is Back …In my case I dont have a lot of Phone memory, but my main reason is Back Up, and then Back Up again, SD Card get backed up to a Home Drive once a month, I was using Photobucket for all my Photo Back Ups, but since they now want ransom money to recover my Pics (well in there original quality anyway) Im now using OneDrive, in fact I use Google Drive now aswell, can never have to many back up, Ive lost Data in the past, relying too much on these so called Free Cloud services and good quality SD Cards going duff, never again. .

My photos go straight to the SD card, and then auto uploaded to onedrive.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants