Groups

oneplus 3 help (battery drain issue)

so my op3 was fully charged at 8.15am this morning

by 12.15pm it was down to 27%

I would say i had an hour screen on time MAX.

gps is always off but wifi was on from about 9am onwards.

by 1pm it was down to 22%

then i switched of wifi and didnt really use it (odd text) for the remainder of the day. at 4.15pm it was down to 5%

I bought it new from o2 in october. The battery has generally been good lasted about 1.5 days when i first got it but by xmas would say it lasted a day. But today was just ridiculous.I close all open apps everytime i put the phone down so should be barely anything running in the background.

The top of the phone was also getting really heated.

phone is NOT on auto brightness & is on the second lowest setting.

Anyone any ideas what the issue is or test I can try?

otherwise should i take it to o2 (or would i have to contact op?) as it might be a defective model.

anyone else with a op3 expereinced similar issues?

oh also this is in misc as I cant seem to post in "ask" have tried over the pas 2 weeks and my thread doesnt appear

18 Comments

Do you have Facebook and FB Messenger installed? Causing havoc for android users since the update.

Tonnes of posts about it today on OP forums.
    Edited by: "ritchiedrama" 10th Jan

Infact, I know it's that. Force stop Facebook and FB messenger.

Original Poster

ritchiedrama

Infact, I know it's that. Force stop Facebook and FB messenger.

yeah i have them both installed. thanks will try that fingers crossed.

check the battery stats in settings, should give you a clue.

Original Poster

cowsindahouse

check the battery stats in settings, should give you a clue.

says "not available"
    maybe bc I've had it off since new years eve. charged it 100% though the other night & as I say powered it up at 8.15am today

little_green

yeah i have them both installed. thanks will try that fingers crossed.

It is that, check Op forums, and my friends have had same issue. It's just FB, their phones were getting mega hot too.

AH! Not just the OP. I've had to half charge my LG G5 3 times today and back down to 15%. Battery info says Facebook has used 30% and messenger 18% even though I've not used either very much. Ta
    Oh and was getting very hot
    Edited by: "japes" 10th Jan

I have a Oneplus 2 and FB has gone crazy today eating battery

This explains why my Oneplus 1 had a flat battery at 6pm today!

That is weird, my op3 was also very hot today and battery drained unusually quick today as well, never had this before, normally last all over a day and that's with WiFi & Bluetooth on.
    A quick reboot seems to have resolved the problem

Original Poster

glad i'm not the only one then was worried my phone had a battery issue

I use swipe for Facebook on my op3 not the official app but I do use FB messenger and don't have drain issues. I have WiFi, bluetooth and location enabled all the time. I do have doze enabled in the developer options tho

have you been in a low signal area today, the hunt for a signal can sometimes drain the battery quicker?

the battery can also drain faster if you have the proximity wake and daydream enabled. I have pocket mode enabled which may give some benefit to the battery too

it's odd that you can't get access to the battery stats tho!

just a thought, what ROM are you on?

Original Poster

waynehardy

I use swipe for Facebook on my op3 not the official app but I do use FB … I use swipe for Facebook on my op3 not the official app but I do use FB messenger and don't have drain issues. I have WiFi, bluetooth and location enabled all the time. I do have doze enabled in the developer options thohave you been in a low signal area today, the hunt for a signal can sometimes drain the battery quicker?the battery can also drain faster if you have the proximity wake and daydream enabled. I have pocket mode enabled which may give some benefit to the battery tooit's odd that you can't get access to the battery stats tho!

think i cant get access to battery as i had just finished recharging it so it was still at 100%

yes that would be why!
    what about now after, I assume, it's discharged a bit

Folio for Facebook app I heard was good alternative. Never used myself. You can use browser and keep tab open in chrome for notifications,that works to I here.

Original Poster

waynehardy

yes that would be why!what about now after, I assume, it's discharged a … yes that would be why!what about now after, I assume, it's discharged a bit

haha i was having a doh moment
    havent had my internet on since charging as on the laptop. have force stopped fb and messanger
    so basically been idle. took a call for just under an hour. at 90% now and been 3 hours

little_green

haha i was having a doh momenthavent had my internet on since charging as … haha i was having a doh momenthavent had my internet on since charging as on the laptop. have force stopped fb and messanger so basically been idle. took a call for just under an hour. at 90% now and been 3 hours

​turn everything on tomorrow and check what is draining the battery, take charger/power bank out with you if poss just in case. then you'll be more informed what you need to change
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Free minion usb stick99
      2. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk44
      3. Win a Karcher Xpert Pressure Washer88
      4. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains98

See more discussions