Oneplus 3 users

Found 12th Sep 2017
Just wondering if anyone can help. I own a op3 Huawei p9 and honor 7 and I can honestly say that the op3 has the worst battery life, like substantially worse. I'm pretty sure this cant be normal.
Today I also experienced overheating. I closed all open apps and layed the phone aside bit didn't notice any cooling. It was so hot I felt I had to switch it off.
The phone was taken off charge at around 8.15am this morning it's not even 4pm and I'm down to 40% and that's with Mr having switched it off for 2 hours. Under battery it details one hour of screen on time.... So 1hoir sot drops the battery 60%!?
Under what is using the battery the top 3 are:
Android system
Blue mail (email app)
Android os

Anyone help? Or anyone with op3 confirm whether this is normal? Its frustrating the battery does not get me through a day. I don't game, stream music or watch videos on my phone.
Tips to improve welcomed. Feeling majorly disappointed
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
I have a OP3 and the battery life is exceedingly good! It might be worth doing a factory reset incase one of the apps is just running it down. Alternatively if the screen is damaged it could be pushing the screen all the time. Just some ideas!
i have a OP3 and my battery life is middling

see, everyone has their own experiences with battery life as there are too many variables

try a factory reset - i have had it in the past where the android system is draining my battery
My OP3 has very good battery life on average I can get 6.5-7.5 hours of usage (SOT) always make sure after an update to clear the cache in recovery it can sort a lot of battery issues.
Edited by: "Sprograt" 12th Sep 2017
Sprograt46 m ago

My OP3 has very good battery life on average I can get 6.5-7.5 hours of …My OP3 has very good battery life on average I can get 6.5-7.5 hours of usage (SOT) always make sure after an update to clear the cache in recovery it can sort a lot of battery issues.

How do I go about doing that?
little_green12th Sep

How do I go about doing that?

Press and hold the the power button for a couple of seconds until power off and reboot appears on the screen, press reboot then press recovery and then press to reboot and then a menu will come up tap English and then Wipe data and cache then press Wipe Cache then Yes then reboot and your phone will reboot to normal. Hopefully it should sort most battery issues it has done so for me in the past.
Also apps like Facebook & Snapchat are known battery hogs.
Edited by: "Sprograt" 13th Sep 2017
Might sound stupid question, but is your WIFI switched on and will it switch off? Or notice your wifi dropping out when it shouldn't be? Had this issue with a different device and this sounds quite similar symptoms. Turned out to be issue with the wifi chip on the mainboard and required a main board replacement. Was a Nexus 5x which uses the same wifi chipset (qualcomm qca6174).
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 12th Sep 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants