Oneplus nord vs oneplus 7t vs oneplus 8 vs moto g 5g plus

Posted 14th Jul 2020
I'm having a wrough time here, I've been looking at all the phones above and wondering what would be the best option for the money. Basically the decision comes down to if the one plus 7t or 8 camera and cpu are that much better than the nord or g 5g plus and that they are worth the extra 100-300 extra cash.

So the moto g 5g plus saves money by having a lesser led screen, but gains a headphone and micro sd slot. The camera here seems the same as the nord but the battery is bigger, and it quite possibly will be £100 cheaper.

The nord leaked specs look good, it has the same cpu as above, same camera pretty much, but no micro sd, smaller battery, but much better screen.

The 7t is faster than the nord marginly, has a great screen, seemingly a slightly better camera, but the smallest battery out of these, and generally is a lovely phone.

The 8 is waay more expensive than everything here, but naturally its the best specced without micro sd and a smaller battery than the moto.

My key priority is the camera, I want decent family photos, but also I want a faster phone then I currently have and not to pay an arm and leg. I would go for the 8 if it was significantly better, but the nord seems a reasonable compromise. The moto seems great on paper, but in all previous motos - they never feel like total quality, they are always utilitarian.

So any help would be good help - thanks!
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Wait for the Nord to be released for proper reviews, especially camera samples.
As above, we don't have all the info about the Nord yet, including the two aspects that seem to be most important in this scenario- camera quality and the price tag. Hold out for another week for the full unveiling and early slate of reviews, then make your decision.
ElGofre14/07/2020 16:18

As above, we don't have all the info about the Nord yet, including the two …As above, we don't have all the info about the Nord yet, including the two aspects that seem to be most important in this scenario- camera quality and the price tag. Hold out for another week for the full unveiling and early slate of reviews, then make your decision.

Seems fair. I'll wait!
Consider the Honor 20 Pro once the Nord is released on Tuesday although it's part of Huawei but good price for the spec
sydney87119/07/2020 18:10

Consider the Honor 20 Pro once the Nord is released on Tuesday although …Consider the Honor 20 Pro once the Nord is released on Tuesday although it's part of Huawei but good price for the spec

Looking like the bootloader isn't unlockable, so that's a pass from me, sorry!
Aside from the 8 I would think most of this comes down to the post processing software the camera software does with the snap. I tend to put gCam on wherever I can but as it's handled by the SoC those would be the 2 areas I'd concentrate on. Despite the smaller battery the 7T charges quickly and still has an excellent chip in the SD855+. I wouldn't think any of the others aside from the 8 would come close as they'll be mid-range. I liked Moto phones but their updates are woeful. If this plays a part then I'd probably steer clear of the Moto. YMMV however.
Post a comment
@
    Text