OnePlus Nord vs Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro vs Google Pixel 4a...

Posted 9th Aug
Which phone would you go for, and why? They're all looking really tempting for different reasons.
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Poco F2 if you want the best specs minus the camera
Nord sits in the middle with top midrange specs and mediocre camera
Pixel 4a is all about going back to basics. Think Nexus phones but the camera is top quality for point and shoot shots.
Shame I think both Pixel and Nord are overpriced, pixel should have had Snapdragon 765. . I personally go with Poco, if money no mean...

Pixel ain't out in UK yet, by the time it comes out, u might find better priced phones
My teen wanted a Nord the other day after returning a faulty Pixel 3 XL to Cex, but they were sold out everywhere so he ended up ordering a Poco F2 sold by Amazon for £410 as he wanted new after a few dodgy phones from Cex... It's being delivered today. Very different phones, the Poco is up there amongst the fastest phones this year for a silly price. Massive 4700mAh battery too. Every phone has compromises at this pricepoint, the savings have to be made somewhere. It just depends on your usage what you're willing to cut back.

@kabirmiah has it pretty much spot on.

Pixels are overpriced for what you get in terms of hardware, I say that as somone who buys Pixel phones! There's a lot to be said for instant stock Android updates every year and month security updates as soon as released. My fumbling hands also take some great looking shots with the camera too. This years Pixel 5 is rumoured to have a Snapdragon 765, so no way they would put it in the 4a. If that's the case then I won't be buying any more. No doubt they'll be looking at least £700 for a phone with a SoC found on phones half the price.
My only complaint that would make the POCO a 100% solid buy is high refresh rate screen. Using a friends 7t Pro was lovely, those extra 30FPS were magical

However still better than Nord/Pixel so POCO get my vote also!
anlygi10/08/2020 09:01

This years Pixel 5 is rumoured to have a Snapdragon 765, so no way they …This years Pixel 5 is rumoured to have a Snapdragon 765, so no way they would put it in the 4a.

Isn't the 765G the 5G version of the 730 though? In which case, it will probably be in the 4A 5G model.
There was a p40 pro+ other day for under £400 from John lewis, see if it comes back in stock again, should be £600+
MrKrabs10/08/2020 19:54

There was a p40 pro+ other day for under £400 from John lewis, see if it …There was a p40 pro+ other day for under £400 from John lewis, see if it comes back in stock again, should be £600+

It has come back in stock at £1299. The £400 price was a misprice.
Thanks for all the replies, guys.

This will be an unpopular opinion, but I've decided to go with the Nord. I couldn't find anything that provided a more complete package for my needs.

The battery life seems to be beating some of the bigger storage phones, and Oxygen OS looks much nicer than MIUI.

Pretty much the only complaints are lack of wireless charging (decided I can live without), lack of headphone port (a bit annoying but not the end of the world), and a disappointing camera (which I barely ever use anyway.)

I appreciate all the pointers, thank you.
alg10/08/2020 12:22

Isn't the 765G the 5G version of the 730 though? In which case, it will …Isn't the 765G the 5G version of the 730 though? In which case, it will probably be in the 4A 5G model.

Don't think so man, 765G is 7nm process whilst 730G is 8nm so the 765G is more energy efficient. The 765G also has Adreno 620 GPU vs 618. About 20% more energy efficient and the same in graphics performance. Other differences too with the hardware each suppports.
Post a comment
@
    Text