Groups

OnePlus One 64GB - Chinese Model ... Anyone have one?

Asking purely because you can openly get them for around £270 delivered to the UK.

800mhz is in neither model. So no O2/Vodafone and the networks that use this. Only for 4G mind you. 3G is more than adequate.

EE & 3 will work.

Cheers

38 Comments

Original Poster

https://forum.lowyat.net/uploads/attach-88/post-135488-1404356975.jpg

Original Poster

Nevermind, I was lucky enough to nab an invite from Gumtree and buy the international version. 64gb sandstone

Banned

I didn't understand a word of that.

DarrylJohn

Nevermind, I was lucky enough to nab an invite from Gumtree and buy the … Nevermind, I was lucky enough to nab an invite from Gumtree and buy the international version. 64gb sandstone

If you fancy passing on your invite you will get when you buy one then feel free to pass it on my way

would be interested in your invite when its available to use :-)

Original Poster

Hi guys, I've got to be honest, I'll probably be putting it on ebay to get the money back I paid for mine. Currently fetching £40-50+ each - and some of these are 24 hour codes - quite time restrictive. I can let them run their course as they'll be valid for a week as I've bought one. I'll stick them all in one listing for 5 days with best offer and buy it now for £50 no doubt - I'll either be getting 2, or 3 I think - i'll also send the invite via letter to adhere to ebay's rules. (pay for the letter, get the invite via email free). Might be more invites around by end of july.. if so I'll lower it accordingly

DarrylJohn

Hi guys, I've got to be honest, I'll probably be putting it on ebay to … Hi guys, I've got to be honest, I'll probably be putting it on ebay to get the money back I paid for mine. Currently fetching £40-50+ each - and some of these are 24 hour codes - quite time restrictive. I can let them run their course as they'll be valid for a week as I've bought one. I'll stick them all in one listing for 5 days with best offer and buy it now for £50 no doubt - I'll either be getting 2, or 3 I think - i'll also send the invite via letter to adhere to ebay's rules. (pay for the letter, get the invite via email free). Might be more invites around by end of july.. if so I'll lower it accordingly

Do you know when exactly you get the invites ? I get 64gb sandstone delivered tomorrow but i haven't seen an invite email yet

Original Poster

bluntmachetti

Do you know when exactly you get the invites ? I get 64gb sandstone … Do you know when exactly you get the invites ? I get 64gb sandstone delivered tomorrow but i haven't seen an invite email yet

On a forum topic, a thread mentions we get them at the end of this month. They're doing them manually, so might take a while. Basically for people who've ordered in May, June & July.

I'm after an invite, can you send me eBay link if yours is up

Just bought the chinese 64gb last night, cba with the stupid invite/marketing system they did for the international model, was seriously putting me off the phone.

got my 64bt yesterday, now waiting for my invites

bluntmachetti

got my 64bt yesterday, now waiting for my invites

Did you order from china or through an invite?

miikeyblue

Did you order from china or through an invite?

Through an invite

bluntmachetti

Through an invite

Cool - did you have standard or express shipping? How long did it take?

Ordered mine Wednesday, can't wait to get my hands on it!

miikeyblue

Cool - did you have standard or express shipping? How long did it … Cool - did you have standard or express shipping? How long did it take?Ordered mine Wednesday, can't wait to get my hands on it!

I ordered it through standard shipping and it was pretty fast took about 4 days in total, it was shipped on monday, got to me on thursday i did miss the delivery on wed though so it might have gotten to me even sooner.

bluntmachetti

I ordered it through standard shipping and it was pretty fast took about … I ordered it through standard shipping and it was pretty fast took about 4 days in total, it was shipped on monday, got to me on thursday i did miss the delivery on wed though so it might have gotten to me even sooner.

That's pretty good. Hoping mine gets here by Wednesday or I have to wait till after my holiday.

Anyway, in your opinion... Worth the money?

miikeyblue

That's pretty good. Hoping mine gets here by Wednesday or I have to wait … That's pretty good. Hoping mine gets here by Wednesday or I have to wait till after my holiday.Anyway, in your opinion... Worth the money?

Its well worth the money in my opinion, i switched from a Nexus 5 and i'm loving it. still finding the perfect theme, locker screens etc. problem is that with cyanogen you get too many choices

Original Poster

I received mine on Wednesday afternoon. Lovely phone I agree! (PS, the invites system are infact ridiculous in terms of trying to get hold of them) - I was tempted by aliexpress - £260 for the 64gb version (but for warranty, I didn't fancy it). But I stumbled across an invite on gumtree for a tenner. I was fortunate in that I then sold 3 invites for around £140 after fees. So paid for half the phone! Just need them to be sent now.

Going to sell the HTC One now too.
    Edited by: "DarrylJohn" 18th Jul 2014

bluntmachetti

Its well worth the money in my opinion, i switched from a Nexus 5 and i'm … Its well worth the money in my opinion, i switched from a Nexus 5 and i'm loving it. still finding the perfect theme, locker screens etc. problem is that with cyanogen you get too many choices

I've currently got a Nexus 5, glad you say that as I was on the fence.

sancho1983

I've currently got a Nexus 5, glad you say that as I was on the fence.

Be prepared for a difference in size though, the one plus one is a big phone

Original Poster

bluntmachetti

Be prepared for a difference in size though, the one plus one is a big … Be prepared for a difference in size though, the one plus one is a big phone

It is indeed :). Fortunately, it's actually a perfect size for me. I can hold the bottom while dragging top nav bar down

what's the UK cost of these phones when they become available via the website?

Original Poster

They'll be £269 + either 4.95, or 9.95 delivery (64GB)
    Edited by: "DarrylJohn" 18th Jul 2014

bluntmachetti

Be prepared for a difference in size though, the one plus one is a big … Be prepared for a difference in size though, the one plus one is a big phone

That's ok, I've got pretty big hands so the nexus feels kind of 'average' to me size wise

Got my chinese version yesterday....what a lovely phone! Came with Cynogenmod already installed on it and not the color OS, couldnt update OTA without a strange error, so just flashed it with a offical cyanogen image and it's perfect Feel's very nice in hand!

Oh forgot to say it was £259 for the 64gb phone delivered, but had to also pay a £17 customs fee from DHL.....can't complain tho, basically same price as from oneplus international version

Loving my phone also, I just discovered the android SIP client works perfectly with callcentric so i can now receive calls from my google voice account directly on my phone. I wonder how i was ever satisfied by an iphone

Original Poster

cammeyz

Oh forgot to say it was £259 for the 64gb phone delivered, but had to … Oh forgot to say it was £259 for the 64gb phone delivered, but had to also pay a £17 customs fee from DHL.....can't complain tho, basically same price as from oneplus international version

It's exactly the same as the international version :). Only difference is the Cyanogenmod on the back cover

was looking at this yesterday. looks a good deal 250 delivered for 64gb version.

Can anyone send me an invite at all? Been looking for one for a few months now. Would appreciate it

iAmLegendFam

Can anyone send me an invite at all? Been looking for one for a few … Can anyone send me an invite at all? Been looking for one for a few months now. Would appreciate it

Hi, you still looking for an invite ? inbox me

Any spare invites floating around would be appreciated. Currently looking for a decent upgrade.

Why do you need an invite to buy a phone, I just dont get it?

123thisisme

Why do you need an invite to buy a phone, I just dont get it?

Production is currently low as it's a start up company, so the invites go out as the devices become available. It saves sitting on a preorder list for months and months, then when they come to charge you, you don't actually have the funds. That, and it generates a bit of hype, people the world over all clamouring for invites.

RiTSo

Any spare invites floating around would be appreciated. Currently looking … Any spare invites floating around would be appreciated. Currently looking for a decent upgrade.

Send me a pm with your emaik . the invitevi have expired in the next 10hrs

bluntmachetti

Send me a pm with your emaik . the invitevi have expired in the next 10hrs

Only just seen this reply now. Cheers for the offer bluntmachetti but since posting this I'd actually managed to get an invite in another thread and now ordered.

I hope you managed to pass yours onto somebody.

Original Poster

RiTSo

Only just seen this reply now. Cheers for the offer bluntmachetti but … Only just seen this reply now. Cheers for the offer bluntmachetti but since posting this I'd actually managed to get an invite in another thread and now ordered.I hope you managed to pass yours onto somebody.

I'd asked for an invite, to potentially order for the OH. but unfortunately he's not been on since he posted that message - so even if you were on I think it would have expired.
    Edited by: "DarrylJohn" 23rd Aug 2014

DarrylJohn

I'd asked for an invite, to potentially order for the OH. but … I'd asked for an invite, to potentially order for the OH. but unfortunately he's not been on since he posted that message - so even if you were on I think it would have expired.

Hi guys, unfortunately the invites expired, i was away on holiday with little or no internet connection. a terrible time for the invites to arrive.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cheap Laptop?11
      2. Iphone 6 to which handset?712
      3. Second sky q mini box - can i buy from ebay?1015
      4. How are Very for pre-orders ?22

See more discussions