Groups

oneplus one phone advice

Hello members

I have oneplus one phone invitation (64gb) in my account to buy phone. Due to some reviews about software issues and hardware issues I am bit confused whether to buy or not. I ahve just 14 hrs left to buy and I would guess this would expire after this period.

Well, I would need some of your expert advice on how good/bad this mobile and any advantage of having this if you suggest me to buy one.

thanks for your help/comments

3 Comments

had mine since august .. No problems with it .. charges fast and battery can last two days ..
    thought it was a bit big to start with but it fits pockets surprisingly well..
    Does everything I need it to .. but I wouldn't feel safe without a good case and screen protector ...

Had mine since July, was a fantastic phone till the 38r update....... Then became temperamental to say the least. Constantly crashed, a lot of the apps stopped working, kept rebooting itself daily..... Then they issued the 44s update. Which fixed some if the issues but then also added more issues, including the major one of not being able to answer an incoming call.......

Tech support is very poor. Currently have raised 6 tickets, which resulted in 2 remote reflashing of software via their tech support. Which according to them has fixed the issue...... But issues are still there.

Finally, after 2 months of problems they have agreed to me returning the phone for a replacement, currently awaiting to hear from the couriers to collect it.

Don't get me wrong, the phone was the best phone I've ever owned till the 38r update. When I get the replacement, I probably won't do any software updates until any bugs have been sorted.

Edited by: "Taliban_Army" 7th Jan 2015

Original Poster

Taliban_Army

Had mine since July, was a fantastic phone till the 38r update....... … Had mine since July, was a fantastic phone till the 38r update....... Then became temperamental to say the least. Constantly crashed, a lot of the apps stopped working, kept rebooting itself daily..... Then they issued the 44s update. Which fixed some if the issues but then also added more issues, including the major one of not being able to answer an incoming call....... Tech support is very poor. Currently have raised 6 tickets, which resulted in 2 remote reflashing of software via their tech support. Which according to them has fixed the issue...... But issues are still there. Finally, after 2 months of problems they have agreed to me returning the phone for a replacement, currently awaiting to hear from the couriers to collect it. Don't get me wrong, the phone was the best phone I've ever owned till the 38r update. When I get the replacement, I probably won't do any software updates until any bugs have been sorted. [/quot[quote=Taliban_Army]Had mine since July, was a fantastic phone till the 38r update....... Then became temperamental to say the least. Constantly crashed, a lot of the apps stopped working, kept rebooting itself daily..... Then they issued the 44s update. Which fixed some if the issues but then also added more issues, including the major one of not being able to answer an incoming call....... Tech support is very poor. Currently have raised 6 tickets, which resulted in 2 remote reflashing of software via their tech support. Which according to them has fixed the issue...... But issues are still there. Finally, after 2 months of problems they have agreed to me returning the phone for a replacement, currently awaiting to hear from the couriers to collect it. Don't get me wrong, the phone was the best phone I've ever owned till the 38r update. When I get the replacement, I probably won't do any software updates until any bugs have been sorted.

thanks for your update as this is what I was worried about. After spending that amount I would need peace of mind with customer support if anything goes wrong. I think I will wait till this phone is stable enough.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. connect tablet11
      2. Laptop 1060 gtx ?11
      3. Any tips on finding a cheap new kitchen plus bathroom with fitting?11
      4. Gear best shipping?44

See more discussions