Groups

Ongoing internet conection problems

Hi for over a year i have had internet conection problems,im with plusnet and earlier this year i took the problem up with them,they conducted tests and said there were no probs there end,not alot i could do about that i guess,the prob is at least 2 times every hour my conection drops,i cant browse the net,the light goes of on my modem when the conection cuts out,also my xbox live of course cuts out which is a right pain,at times i cant even complete a game of fifa 09 online

what could it be?,anyone else ever had this?thanks

11 Comments

Have you asked BT to test the line?

If not, give them a phone/ drop them a message on their website and they will test the line for you.

Original Poster

have u got a link to where i can post the msg please,been such a pain for soooo long

Have you checked modem/router. Borrow another one if you can and see whether this gets rid of problem.

If you're not having phone problems as well, it probably isn't the BT line. You usually (but not always) get both at the same time.

Also check your ADSL filters, often overlooked, replace the main filter, unplug all other lines to your phonline and see if it still happens. LoL I better do the same cuz mine keeps dropping too,

strobez1977;3248265

have u got a link to where i can post the msg please,been such a pain for … have u got a link to where i can post the msg please,been such a pain for soooo long

Try here

bt.com/con…lts

i had major problems like you every single day/hour with my old ISP Supanet after they supplied me with they're mandatory Zoom usb modem - the signal would just drop without warning constantly.

I bought a new linksys modem and my connection suddenly never went down.

The ISP had given me a rotten Zoom modem which must of been hopeless - the upgrade of modem did the trick

Banned

It could be just the MTU settings that you need to change, try 1400 to start with, or follow the plusnet guide.

plus.net/sup…tml
    Or video guide here:
    plus.net/sup…tml

Hope it helps

I just read your opening post properly - and it sounds so similar to my problems I had, was always touch and go whether I could complete a game of pro evo across xbox live:

4-0 up in the last minute - then.....cshhh! connections just cut out and I've forfeited the game, oh CARP

Original Poster

robtallica;3248365

i had major problems like you every single day/hour with my old ISP … i had major problems like you every single day/hour with my old ISP Supanet after they supplied me with they're mandatory Zoom usb modem - the signal would just drop without warning constantly.I bought a new linksys modem and my connection suddenly never went down.The ISP had given me a rotten Zoom modem which must of been hopeless - the upgrade of modem did the trick

Hi m8 what model of modem are u using,might be worth me buying a new one,driving me mad this is lol

strobez1977;3248618

Hi m8 what model of modem are u using,might be worth me buying a new … Hi m8 what model of modem are u using,might be worth me buying a new one,driving me mad this is lol

a linksys ADSL2MUE, it's from like 2004,05

try disconnecting all other phones and appliances connected to your phone line
    That's how I pinpointed my problem
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?31138
      2. What do these 2 men have in common1013
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764211
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846169

See more discussions