Groups

Onkyo 609 help needed.

Hello all,

I am curious to know how people have set up their Onkyo 609's for the best quality sound. I feel that when i'm watching films on Sky that i'm not getting the best out of the system, i.e. i need to turn it up when the action calms down to hear speech.

A friend who has a Yamaha said his receiver automatically adjusts the sound setting to whatever he is watching (bluray/sky/dvd etc) to give the best output but I don't know if that is possible with the Onkyo?

any help much appreciated.

cheers

8 Comments

Maybe if you had gone for a decent brand like Sony, you wouldn't be having problems...

Try AVForums for a response.

a what? An oinkyo?

http://i00.i.aliimg.com/photo/v0/443285676/2011_new_style_toy_wooden_pig_yoyo.summ.jpg

Original Poster

jonny619447

Maybe if you had gone for a decent brand like Sony, you wouldn't be … Maybe if you had gone for a decent brand like Sony, you wouldn't be having problems...

good point, this top 10 review agrees with you

hometheatergears.com/top…rs/

its not just the amp, do you have a good centre speaker as this is usually the down point of most surround systems

Original Poster

Alfonse

its not just the amp, do you have a good centre speaker as this is … its not just the amp, do you have a good centre speaker as this is usually the down point of most surround systems

Q Acoustics 2000 system.

I plugged in an optical last night but unsure if i've got the settings correct in both the sky box and the receiver. I want the 5.1 surround sound through the optical with the HDMI for visual.
    Any help with settings much appreciated.

newbie here with surround sound

have you completed the microphone calibration?

also the instructions detail on how to assign your optical input to an output on page 45

eu.onkyo.com/dl/…pdf

Original Poster

Alfonse

have you completed the microphone calibration?also the instructions … have you completed the microphone calibration?also the instructions detail on how to assign your optical input to an output on page 45http://www.eu.onkyo.com/dl/1471781/Manual_TX-NR609_En.pdf

yeh, i've done the microphone setup.

i'll check out that link tonight, thanks.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846238
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?32183
      3. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2437
      4. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio1732

See more discussions