Groups

Online fish tank sellers/shop?

Hubbys birthday is approaching and I'd really like to get him a nice corner fish tank with cabinet,does anyone know of any online places selling such at reasonable prices please?

10 Comments

Original Poster

Thankyou

Also Try aquariumsdelivered.co.uk

And If you are new to fishkeeping be shure to check out

[url]www.fishkeeping.co.uk[/url]
    and
    [url]www.praticalfishkeeping.co.uk[/url]

For loads of fishkeeping advice and tips

Cheers

JDC:thumbsup:

just so you know, you can't get a fishtank and automatically put fish in it, you are supposed to wait a week or thereabouts for the right kind of bacteria to grow. Don't be using Actimel though !!

mrtootough;2222650

just so you know, you can't get a fishtank and automatically put fish in … just so you know, you can't get a fishtank and automatically put fish in it, you are supposed to wait a week or thereabouts for the right kind of bacteria to grow. Don't be using Actimel though !!

Wrong , it can take up to eight weeks , you need to do a fishless cycle using non-sented houshold ammonia so that good bacteria can grow inside the filter. You can purchace the ammonia from your local homebase in the household cleaning section. As i said in my previous post there is lots of info on the sites i suggested about how much ammonia to add and what you need for fishkeeping.

Cheers

JDC

Original Poster

thanks for all the info,he already has a set up but keeps going on about a corner tank so it will make the perfect birthday pressie

Mardyass;2222703

thanks for all the info,he already has a set up but keeps going on about … thanks for all the info,he already has a set up but keeps going on about a corner tank so it will make the perfect birthday pressie

Hi,

Sorry about that ,
    i just did not want any fishes to suffer.

Cheers

JDC

Original Poster

JDC;2222765

Hi, Sorry about that , i just did not want any fishes to suffer.Cheers JDC

no problem rather be safe than sorry,I myself know nothing about fish lol

JDC;2222701

Wrong , it can take up to eight weeks , you need to do a fishless cycle … Wrong , it can take up to eight weeks , you need to do a fishless cycle using non-sented houshold ammonia so that good bacteria can grow inside the filter. You can purchace the ammonia from your local homebase in the household cleaning section. As i said in my previous post there is lots of info on the sites i suggested about how much ammonia to add and what you need for fishkeeping.CheersJDC

Didn't know fish could ride bikes !! lol

The fish should be fine as long as he moves the old filter media into the filter of the new tank and gradually adds new fish (if it's bigger)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764696
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4682232
      3. What is there free to do in your town?2545
      4. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…27121

See more discussions