Online florist problem

Found 24th Dec 2017
Bought some flowers as a Christmas gift for someone.
£29.99 bouquet upgraded for £10 to be like the picture and £6.99 delivery, so £47 total.
I wasn't originally going to see the person they were delivered to, but I'm glad I did.
Picture was of 4 red roses, 4 pink roses, 8 lilies etc and they literally sent half 2, 2, 4 etc.
Filled in an online form with the florist and they said they were sorry and they had sent the standard £29.99 flowers (which there was no picture of and I'm sure you would be sorely disappointed in them) and they refund me the £10 upgrade fee and a £10 store credit.

In my opinion I should get at least 50% of the total back including postage as a good will gesture, not £10 and another £10 which I am most certainly not going to use with the company. I told them the flowers sent were an embarrassingly small amount. I was the one who bought the flowers and if I had received them I would have sent them back if that is possible and got a full refund.

What do you think is fair, leave it/credit card chargeback/ask them for more money, etc?

Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
Half the stories missing is this like half the roses ☺
Original Poster
MynameisM12 m ago

Half the stories missing is this like half the roses ☺

What?
To be honest I would be pushing for either the correct flowers to be delivered , however I'm assuming this was a Christmas gift and as such delivering them in time now isn't going to happen , or a full refund . They didn't send what you ordered , so why should you have a partial refund and a store credit you may never use . If I order a product it's because I want that particular thing , not something similar . In this instance it should be their loss as they made the error . I would normally expect to return the incorrect item , but that obviously isn't logical for flowers. A work colleague had a similar thing happen recently , in her case the flowers were resent and she had a full refund
If you got the £29.99 bunch and they refunded you the difference, you can't really initiate a chargeback.
Original Poster
tinkerbellian25 m ago

To be honest I would be pushing for either the correct flowers to be …To be honest I would be pushing for either the correct flowers to be delivered , however I'm assuming this was a Christmas gift and as such delivering them in time now isn't going to happen , or a full refund . They didn't send what you ordered , so why should you have a partial refund and a store credit you may never use . If I order a product it's because I want that particular thing , not something similar . In this instance it should be their loss as they made the error . I would normally expect to return the incorrect item , but that obviously isn't logical for flowers. A work colleague had a similar thing happen recently , in her case the flowers were resent and she had a full refund

Agree 100%
Original Poster
psychobitchfromhell28 m ago

If you got the £29.99 bunch and they refunded you the difference, you …If you got the £29.99 bunch and they refunded you the difference, you can't really initiate a chargeback.

That would be like wanting a 500 square foot house extension for £50k and only getting a 250 square foot one and being refunded £5k because that's the retail difference between a 250 and 500 foot one.
MIDURIX28 m ago

That would be like wanting a 500 square foot house extension for £50k and …That would be like wanting a 500 square foot house extension for £50k and only getting a 250 square foot one and being refunded £5k because that's the retail difference between a 250 and 500 foot one.

Not really. They sent the £29.99 bunch (though that does sound a bit stingy flower wise) and that is what you have paid for. I'm not saying you have got good value, I'm just saying that you would be unlikely to be able to do a chargeback because they have supplied what you paid for. Hope you get the resolution you hope for. Have they got a live chat option?
I'd want the full lot refunding or replaced, they failed to send what you paid for.
Original Poster
psychobitchfromhell3 h, 30 m ago

Not really. They sent the £29.99 bunch (though that does sound a bit …Not really. They sent the £29.99 bunch (though that does sound a bit stingy flower wise) and that is what you have paid for. I'm not saying you have got good value, I'm just saying that you would be unlikely to be able to do a chargeback because they have supplied what you paid for. Hope you get the resolution you hope for. Have they got a live chat option?

They have supplied what I paid for after sending me the wrong item and refunding some of it. It is what I paid for, but also not what I paid for. I might give them a ring. I have emailed and told them what they've offered isn't good enough.
MIDURIX1 h, 31 m ago

They have supplied what I paid for after sending me the wrong item and …They have supplied what I paid for after sending me the wrong item and refunding some of it. It is what I paid for, but also not what I paid for. I might give them a ring. I have emailed and told them what they've offered isn't good enough.

Go for it. Nothing to lose after all. Just saying if they have supplied what you paid for, you won't have chargeback rights.
Original Poster
psychobitchfromhell24 m ago

Go for it. Nothing to lose after all. Just saying if they have supplied …Go for it. Nothing to lose after all. Just saying if they have supplied what you paid for, you won't have chargeback rights.

If a company sold an Xbox one console for £150 or a bundle with 5 games for £200, would you be happy if after ordering the bundle they sent the console to you and gave you a £50 refund even if for example the console sells for £100 on its own or maybe if the games are worth £100.

They have supplied me with something I have never seen a picture of and haven't seen a description off.
I think I am more annoyed at the fact that 99% of their business is gifting, so I wonder how many times they do this and its never found out.
MIDURIX11 m ago

If a company sold an Xbox one console for £150 or a bundle with 5 games …If a company sold an Xbox one console for £150 or a bundle with 5 games for £200, would you be happy if after ordering the bundle they sent the console to you and gave you a £50 refund even if for example the console sells for £100 on its own or maybe if the games are worth £100. They have supplied me with something I have never seen a picture of and haven't seen a description off. I think I am more annoyed at the fact that 99% of their business is gifting, so I wonder how many times they do this and its never found out.

I'm talking from years of experience working in the banking and credit card industry. I'm merely talking about the likelihood of a chargeback being an option.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions