Online glasses store

Posted 25th Jun 2020
can anyone recommend a good online glasses retailer?

I've slightly bent my current pair And I doubt vision express would try to make them comfortable again?
Community Updates
Misc
7 Comments
Specky Four Eyes are pretty good.
Glasses Direct also good as are Spex for Less. No problems with any of these. Often get RayBans and others with my prescription for under £100.
Another vote for glasses direct, although they're nowhere near as cheap as they used to be. When I was using them they also had BOGOF with what appeared to be inflated prices to compensate. I used it as an excuse to buy a spare pair for in the car, one of those things that I'd always thought about but never actually got round to it.

Good service though, fast delivery, good fit on the glasses. And it might just be me, but whatever they use on the glass seems to be very hardwearing, I get far less scratches on these than I have done on other pairs. Maybe I'm just a bit older and actually check what I'm using as a glass cleaning rag, rather than just grabbing whatever is nearest...
I quite like Goggles4u, I can’t use glasses direct as my prescription is quite strong and they only go to a certain strength ( - or + 4?).
If you bought the damaged pair from vision express and they aren't that bad then in my experience vision express are good about repairing them I bent a pair of mine after I put them on the car seat and sat on them I just popped in store whilst in Tesco and they did them there and then.
harlzter25/06/2020 14:01

If you bought the damaged pair from vision express and they aren't that …If you bought the damaged pair from vision express and they aren't that bad then in my experience vision express are good about repairing them I bent a pair of mine after I put them on the car seat and sat on them I just popped in store whilst in Tesco and they did them there and then.

I'll Pop in And see what they say, I basically did the Same as you.
silverGT25/06/2020 14:12

I'll Pop in And see what they say, I basically did the Same as you.

Our branch are really good and handy as its inside the local Tesco. We used to use one in the town and they was good too but it was a faff getting to in the town center 8 miles away then you have to pay for parking and traipse across town, the new one is less than a mile away, free parking and as a bonus the really nice old Irish optician from the other branch and he had seen the kids since they was little - they are 14 and 17 now!
I've used goggles4u.co.uk three times and I find them very good. Lots of choice and you can tint the lenses to your specification if you want to have sunglasses.

I had an email from them today saying "45% OFF Sitewide On Entire Order" (frame, lenses and shipping) if you use the code "GLASSES45", so that could be an option, but it ends tonight, so you'd need to order soon(ish).
Post a comment
@
    Text