Online Qualifications

Posted 11th Nov
hello, my girlfriend is applying for a job and needs 5 A*-E or equivalent qualification. she say her exams in UAE and this apprenticeship she is applying for won't accept them. she has till June to complete some qualifications that are an equivalent.

does anyone know of any online colleges that would do a basic English/maths/science/IT course that is suitable?
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
What's the job?

Realistically in the last 15 years of my working life I've never been asked to prove exam results.
adam_holcombe11/11/2019 10:35

What's the job?Realistically in the last 15 years of my working life I've …What's the job?Realistically in the last 15 years of my working life I've never been asked to prove exam results.

Applying to be an apprentice mechanical fitter for one of the biggest defence companies, the online application is is absolutely huge and if you get to interview stage you have to take your certificates with you regardless of when you obtained them.
You are going to have fun with this as recognition of foreign qualifications can be messy. It's one of the reasons these are often covered in free trade and movement agreements.

First, she's not apply for a job, it's an apprenticeship which has a training and qualification element hence the insistence on the appropriate entry qualifications.

According to UCAS

United Arab Emirates (Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Dubai, Fujairah, Ras al-Khaimah, Sharjah, Umm al Quwain)
This entry was reviewed for the 2015 qualifications guide.
EVALUATION
Tawjihiyya (Secondary School Certificate) Acceptable at 70% or better in lieu of GCSE on a subject for subject basis (except English language)....

I guess if you are going to try and convince them then hopefully she is over that kind of score first.

If she did her GCSEs in the summer she wouldn't get the results until mid-August, same with BTECs. Would they be happy with that before you run off organising GCSE/BTEC exams?

If she can't prove equivalence, can she delay for a year whilst she does her GCSEs?
fishtastic11/11/2019 11:03

You are going to have fun with this as recognition of foreign …You are going to have fun with this as recognition of foreign qualifications can be messy. It's one of the reasons these are often covered in free trade and movement agreements. First, she's not apply for a job, it's an apprenticeship which has a training and qualification element hence the insistence on the appropriate entry qualifications.According to UCASUnited Arab Emirates (Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Dubai, Fujairah, Ras al-Khaimah, Sharjah, Umm al Quwain) This entry was reviewed for the 2015 qualifications guide. EVALUATIONTawjihiyya (Secondary School Certificate) Acceptable at 70% or better in lieu of GCSE on a subject for subject basis (except English language)....I guess if you are going to try and convince them then hopefully she is over that kind of score first.If she did her GCSEs in the summer she wouldn't get the results until mid-August, same with BTECs. Would they be happy with that before you run off organising GCSE/BTEC exams?If she can't prove equivalence, can she delay for a year whilst she does her GCSEs?

Sorry I should have stated in the post that you can put down expected grades, you get a conditional offer based on getting those grades so if you were to lie or not achieve you wouldn't get the apprenticeship.

Really appreciate you finding the stuff on UCAS I'll get her to phone her school in UAE now as they hold her certificates still (bizzare I know).
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions