Online shopping delivery slots

Posted 7th Apr
I hear that some people are booking multiple delivery slots for their online grocery shopping.

I was curious how they can do this as you choose 1 delivery slot and that's it isn't it?

Or are they making multiple orders using different accounts?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
Delivery slots? What are they?
With the way slots (delivery and/or click and collect) are near on impossible to come by, it's about time the supermarkets put a limit on 1 slot per week per address!
It's not fair on others.
Edited by: "Straycat1967" 8th Apr
Hey guys. Thanks for the reports.

I've cleaned the thread quite heavily. Sorry if anyone had comments caught up in the deletions but any quotes to messages need to be removed or else the conversation strings make no sense.

Everyone will plan according to their own needs but posting in a way which appear to only be gloating will not be allowed on this site. Please look out for each other during these testing times in any way you can. We see some amazing gestures on our site and i'm sure we will continue to see them.
28 Comments
Are you sure they don’t mean they’ve booked more than one slot? For instance before Asda changed their policy to only releasing slots one week in advance I managed to get 2 deliveries booked in different weeks, both orders on the same account.
With Tesco I believe you can make one order a day still, and with Delivery Saver the deliveries are free now. But someone would still have to find the slots to reserve them first.
Edited by: "donster" 8th Apr
I'm just in the queue for a tesco delivery for the 28th April! If you go to check out about 23.52. Tesco put you in a queue. Been doing this for the past 2 weeks and always managed to get a delivery.
40342890-JXho5.jpg
Delivery slots? What are they?
With the way slots (delivery and/or click and collect) are near on impossible to come by, it's about time the supermarkets put a limit on 1 slot per week per address!
It's not fair on others.
Edited by: "Straycat1967" 8th Apr
Finding a delivery/collection slot in center Birmingham is impossible, whether is 11:50pm, 12:01am, 1pm, etc...
I've tried Asda, Tesco, Morrisons, Sainsbury, Waitrose, Ocado is mostly down...
Did I miss any shop? Any tips on how to do it?
Co-op has delivery as well, but they have very little fruit & vegetables (i.e. no potatoes). Seems good mostly for beers and chips...
I tried shopping at Sainsburys and Aldi the past 2 days. The queues seem longer than previous 2 weeks experience. I prefer to avoid crowded shops, so went there at 11am yesterday, 2pm today...every time plenty of people outside waiting. I presume quite busy inside.
I understand it's difficult to predict stock for the next 2-3 weeks, maybe that's why Asda or Morrison they limited the slots. But maybe they should also limit 1 slot/week/household? Panic shopping was 2 weeks ago, so some of those stocks will finish soon, i imagine queues and demand will increase again soon..
Delivery slots also do depend on where you are located.
giboning08/04/2020 01:35

Finding a delivery/collection slot in center Birmingham is impossible, …Finding a delivery/collection slot in center Birmingham is impossible, whether is 11:50pm, 12:01am, 1pm, etc...I've tried Asda, Tesco, Morrisons, Sainsbury, Waitrose, Ocado is mostly down...Did I miss any shop? Any tips on how to do it? Co-op has delivery as well, but they have very little fruit & vegetables (i.e. no potatoes). Seems good mostly for beers and chips...I tried shopping at Sainsburys and Aldi the past 2 days. The queues seem longer than previous 2 weeks experience. I prefer to avoid crowded shops, so went there at 11am yesterday, 2pm today...every time plenty of people outside waiting. I presume quite busy inside. I understand it's difficult to predict stock for the next 2-3 weeks, maybe that's why Asda or Morrison they limited the slots. But maybe they should also limit 1 slot/week/household? Panic shopping was 2 weeks ago, so some of those stocks will finish soon, i imagine queues and demand will increase again soon..

Iceland. Random slots come up during the day. I had a slot booked with Tesco. But that’s in 3 weeks time and we have/are close to running out of food. We have changed the way we eat and storing food more carefully reducing wastage. Iceland have been a lifesaver. Yesterday after got a slot for this evening. I feel more optimistic about riding this lockdown through now. Tesco slot now cancelled.
Edited by: "tazbegum03" 8th Apr
Guys I’m about to cancel my Asda slot I manchester. Not sure whether this would be useful for any one but if you need a click and collect slot in Hulme then you can take mine. It’s for Saturday 7-8pm.
Sacredarts08/04/2020 03:59

Guys I’m about to cancel my Asda slot I manchester. Not sure whether this w …Guys I’m about to cancel my Asda slot I manchester. Not sure whether this would be useful for any one but if you need a click and collect slot in Hulme then you can take mine. It’s for Saturday 7-8pm.

Fantastic gesture however I'm not sure how it would work account wise, unless other's know better??

I presume you would basically be entrusting someone to use your Asda account as there is no way it can be transferred manually to another persons Asda account. hmmmmmm
Straycat196708/04/2020 04:02

Fantastic gesture however I'm not sure how it would work account wise, …Fantastic gesture however I'm not sure how it would work account wise, unless other's know better??I presume you would basically be entrusting someone to use your Asda account as there is no way it can be transferred manually to another persons Asda account. hmmmmmm

I’m sure the slot will be released for the public when they try to book a slot online. So if someone is needing to order a click and collect then the slot would available. I’m just guessing that that’s how it would work.
Sacredarts08/04/2020 04:03

I’m sure the slot will be released for the public when they try to book a s …I’m sure the slot will be released for the public when they try to book a slot online. So if someone is needing to order a click and collect then the slot would available. I’m just guessing that that’s how it would work.

Just not sure how quickly it automatically goes back in the system, but perhaps we should have a discussion thread pinned for people that may want to give up slots and can then give a head's up to people in the HUKD community. Food for thought MOD's?
I am lucky enough to have a recurring weekly slot with Asda, and this week I feel doubly lucky that in my "updated delivery details" email I can see only two substitutes and ZERO missing items. Big difference from two weeks ago.

I know things are a bit crazy but people really need to use some common sense, not panic buy and if you or anyone in your family is in danger of going to bed hungry then reach out to someone for help. There are so many people lovely stepping up to help those who need it.
Managed to get 1 when I checked at 2am for 3 weeks later which I'll use for a heavy shop and things for my mum across the road. Luckily managed to get one in for my nan also which was oddly a bunch of slots released on 1 day halfway through their weeks. Mainly keep checking for my nan now
Whoohoo08/04/2020 06:42

Managed to get 1 when I checked at 2am for 3 weeks later which I'll use …Managed to get 1 when I checked at 2am for 3 weeks later which I'll use for a heavy shop and things for my mum across the road. Luckily managed to get one in for my nan also which was oddly a bunch of slots released on 1 day halfway through their weeks. Mainly keep checking for my nan now

2am would be the time the people who booked a slot at midnight but didn’t check it out reserved slot would expire.

I did it myself the other night, fell asleep whilst placing an order.
StokeMeAClipper08/04/2020 07:49

2am would be the time the people who booked a slot at midnight but didn’t c …2am would be the time the people who booked a slot at midnight but didn’t check it out reserved slot would expire. I did it myself the other night, fell asleep whilst placing an order.

That makes sense. I just book with a fake order then go back to amend when I'm actually awake
galareho08/04/2020 08:26

Comment deleted

You need to register on gov.uk

Info from Sainsburys site :-

If you live in England and you’re extremely vulnerableIf you got a letter from the NHS and registered on GOV.UK as extremely vulnerable to coronavirus, your details will be shared with us.

We’ll prioritise these customers for home delivery slots, and we’ll be in touch soon to let you know when this has happened if we haven’t already.
m1keyp1key08/04/2020 08:48

You need to register on gov.uk Info from Sainsburys site :-If you live in …You need to register on gov.uk Info from Sainsburys site :-If you live in England and you’re extremely vulnerableIf you got a letter from the NHS and registered on GOV.UK as extremely vulnerable to coronavirus, your details will be shared with us.We’ll prioritise these customers for home delivery slots, and we’ll be in touch soon to let you know when this has happened if we haven’t already.

Thanks, i registered yesterday. I have an account with all 4 supermarkets so hopefully will get somewhere. Unfortunately my Dad is in the same boat, he got his letter 2 weeks ago, and he still cant get a slot! I think they’re inundated right now.

Comment deleted

If iceland deliver to your area i'd keep an eye on their site. For the last 2 weeks i've found slots appear towards the end of the week for the next few day when previously they were all gone.
m1keyp1key08/04/2020 08:53

If iceland deliver to your area i'd keep an eye on their site. For the …If iceland deliver to your area i'd keep an eye on their site. For the last 2 weeks i've found slots appear towards the end of the week for the next few day when previously they were all gone.

Thanks i’ll check. Never seen an Iceland van round here but you never know.
Some of the small "convenience" stores are doing deliveries, so it's worth checking if you have a Spar or saver store anywhere near you. Also local bakeries may be able to help. Good luck.
I still don't understand why the Tesco system lets you have multiple deliveries. Why don't they just let people have 1 recurring weekly slot?

Booking lots of deliveries means others have to go out for food and possibly spreading or catching the virus. Looking at those people on the news last night who are fit and healthy struggling to breath on ventilators is very frightening. It could be any of us.

Comment deleted

Check things like deliveroo too. You can get small orders of m&s, coop and local convenience store in some areas
Ocados prices are scandalous at the minute
widewill07/04/2020 23:57

I'm just in the queue for a tesco delivery for the 28th April! If you go …I'm just in the queue for a tesco delivery for the 28th April! If you go to check out about 23.52. Tesco put you in a queue. Been doing this for the past 2 weeks and always managed to get a delivery. [Image]

And then when it arrives half of the stuff is missing or substituted and they are so busy they don't refund you the difference. I'd rather risk Corona now on a 7AM run.
Edited by: "anthony.james" 8th Apr
Used to shop regularly with Ocado but haven’t managed to get a single delivery for the past month, they make promises they invariably cannot keep and then move the goal posts 7 days later - I know there are service pressures but the way the company is currently operating is frankly unacceptable. I’m also not prepared to wait again for 2 hours behind 20,000 people only then to be booted behind a further queue of 12,000, then a further queue of 8,000, it’s endless queuing
It looks like Amazon has its priorities spot on.
youtube.com/wat…v_0
Hey guys. Thanks for the reports.

I've cleaned the thread quite heavily. Sorry if anyone had comments caught up in the deletions but any quotes to messages need to be removed or else the conversation strings make no sense.

Everyone will plan according to their own needs but posting in a way which appear to only be gloating will not be allowed on this site. Please look out for each other during these testing times in any way you can. We see some amazing gestures on our site and i'm sure we will continue to see them.
m1keyp1key08/04/2020 08:48

You need to register on gov.uk Info from Sainsburys site :-If you live in …You need to register on gov.uk Info from Sainsburys site :-If you live in England and you’re extremely vulnerableIf you got a letter from the NHS and registered on GOV.UK as extremely vulnerable to coronavirus, your details will be shared with us.We’ll prioritise these customers for home delivery slots, and we’ll be in touch soon to let you know when this has happened if we haven’t already.

If you have registered as extremely vulnerable on the GOV UK site, make sure any online accounts you already have, are using the same email address so the supermarkets can identify you.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions