Online subscription for tv channels

Found 11th Aug 2017
Can someone explain to me why i cant subscribe to live tv steaming through the internet, or am I looking in the wrong place?

Basically i've just cancelled my virgin tv package as i never use it, and they wanted £90 a month if i added bt sport and sky sports to my existing package.

I assumed i could find bt sport, and any other channels i wanted on an internet streaming service, but can only find illegal ones. I'd be interested in internet streaming freeview channels, plus bt sport, sky sports, and maybe a few others if it was legal and reasonably priced. And would have thought it would be a far cheaper and convenient method of supplying content to customers.

The other option is sign up to bt mobile for free bt sport but you cant watch it on your TV!

Are they out of touch or am I missing something?..

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
9 Comments

for BT sport you can sub to the app, get a chromecast and watch that way.

NowTv has all the Sky Sports channels.
Edited by: "Van1973" 11th Aug 2017

Original Poster

Cheers both, BT terms says it's not possible to cast from phone but asked them online and they said you can, have saved the chat transcript...
I think BT mobile and nowtv is the way to go

Not exactly the same but you can get wifi freeview tuners so one aerial connection and it's available over wifi to your devices. You could make your own with a Raspberry Pi and one (or two) of the Xbox or Playstation USB tuners.

Original Poster

dcx_badass24 m ago

Not exactly the same but you can get wifi freeview tuners so one aerial …Not exactly the same but you can get wifi freeview tuners so one aerial connection and it's available over wifi to your devices. You could make your own with a Raspberry Pi and one (or two) of the Xbox or Playstation USB tuners.

Yeh not quite the same, I don't actually need/want an aerial, I want everything streamed from the net..

Good to know regardless
Edited by: "delusion" 11th Aug 2017

Have you looked at the app 'TV player'? That's a subscription service. Or UKTV Play gives you stuff like Dave and Drama.

If you have BT broadband then they have an offer for Starter TV with BT Sports free, no activation fee either, you just pay postage of £9.99

Original Poster

dickie_engine1 h, 47 m ago

Have you looked at the app 'TV player'? That's a subscription service. Or …Have you looked at the app 'TV player'? That's a subscription service. Or UKTV Play gives you stuff like Dave and Drama.

I'll take a look at that, cheers

PKRichie36 m ago

If you have BT broadband then they have an offer for Starter TV with BT …If you have BT broadband then they have an offer for Starter TV with BT Sports free, no activation fee either, you just pay postage of £9.99

No I'm on virgin 200mb unlimited, also have netflix. Just no tv aerial, and don't want to pay for sky or virgin tv as it's mostly stuff I don't want.

kodi / iptv.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions