Groups

only me again HELP - mechanics help needed

right, I have a mini moto that has not been started for a while, so i got it yesterday. it is not starting, i put the fuel mixture 1:25 in (1l petrol 40ml oil) and opened the choke and it wont start, my arm is aching and fingers hurt. I have taken off the spark plug and put a small amount of fuel from the tank into the hole (about 3 ml of the petrol) and when i pull the pull start it fires a few times before giving out ( i learned that the hard way lol) any way it fires a few times then gives out, so bsically just using the petrol i put into the cylinder. is there anything anyone can recommend me doing

5 Comments

Try fresh petrol, if the stuff in the tank has been there a while it has probably gone off

Original Poster

MrGrumpyman;2482168

Try fresh petrol, if the stuff in the tank has been there a while it has … Try fresh petrol, if the stuff in the tank has been there a while it has probably gone off

its new, there wasnt any petrol in the tank when i got it, I filled it up with 25:1 petrol and 2 stroke oil

Is there a tap that's stopping the petrol flow? (sounds silly, but a few bikes have them) Check the pipe from the fuel tank to the engine.

Original Poster

cis_groupie;2482648

Is there a tap that's stopping the petrol flow? (sounds silly, but a few … Is there a tap that's stopping the petrol flow? (sounds silly, but a few bikes have them) Check the pipe from the fuel tank to the engine.

yup, it has one, im not sure which way is the right one but ive tried both ways and still not workin

Try a 20/1 mix, clean and check gap on spark plug and fit a new fuel filter.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Samsung Note 8914
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4552124
      3. Surprise the Miles136 summer burning caribou comp1122
      4. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…27120

See more discussions