Expired

Only paying depreciation on cars

Found 6th Jan

I would like to buy a car but not interested in giving the dealer a massive profit or ever owning it.

I was thinking that i would take out a cheap loan .e.g. 3-4% and only paying close to the “webuyanycar” figure using the registration plate.

Has anyone had luck haggling a main dealer e.g. Audi based on webuyanycar figure of the car they are selling?

A quick look suggests they are adding £5k on £15k cars.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
Top comments

Why would they sell a car and make a loss/break even? They have staff and business bills to pay as well. We buy any car give you less value when you sell to them than a dealer normally would too.
7 Comments

Why would they sell a car and make a loss/break even? They have staff and business bills to pay as well. We buy any car give you less value when you sell to them than a dealer normally would too.

What you're describing here is basically leasing. If you're not interested in owning it, then leasing is the way to go. Plenty of leasing deals get posted here. A recent Skoda Octavia deal went pretty hot.

Skoda Octavia 2 year lease

lol the cheek of the OP is hilarious

leasing is what you want but the dealer will still make money
Edited by: "adamspencer95" 6th Jan

Original Poster

adamspencer951 m ago

lol the cheek of the OP is hilariousleasing is what you want but the …lol the cheek of the OP is hilariousleasing is what you want but the dealer will still make money

Don’t like spending money

You haven't a snowball's chance in hell on that one.

Why don’t you look at a PCP, Ford are doing 0%. You basically only pay depreciation and after 2-3 years have the option to buy the car or hand it back and start a new PCP.

PCP sounds the one

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Merchants