Ooo! I like the fancy new website! :D *Update - I don't like it :'{

Found 27th May 2017
Very nice

*Update after using for 1 day 2702633.jpg
Community Updates
MiscWeb Hosting
79 Comments
Noooooooo, I was looking at a deal , went away for a second , and I've been upgraded, will have to play around with it but doesn't initially seem as easy on the eye on an iPad
how do I mark this as cold lol
Edited by: "optimus_prime2" 27th May 2017
optimus_prime24 m ago

how to I mark this as cold lol

Like this ❄

Edited by: "jco83" 27th May 2017
glad about another thread on this.
Loading seems a bit slower
No different for me?
Is there is a way to switch back to old site design? Am I the only one who finds fonts look weird in Chrome?

31028793-ZjFZ4.jpg

Edited by: "mr_V" 27th May 2017
So the only way to see all posts now is using custom it seems, as discussion posts don't show up otherwise
I haven't got the new site?? I
jordo3211

I haven't got the new site?? I

The main thread on the changes:
[ hotukdeals.com/fee…378 ]

Quick summary; click the link below to go to the new site:
[ hotukdeals.com/gopep ]
Can't work out how to find out if people are online or not, used to just click on their user name and the profile would tell you, where is it hiding now ? Any idea, I might have missed it in the 184 comments in fanpages link above , apologies if so
While all the new features are nice
none of them make the tea or save me any money

Hopefully some of the awfulness has been fixed when they make me switch
First thoughts it looks hideous on chrome and wheres the reply button gone bring back the old or if someone has a link for the old skin
archer1204

First thoughts it looks hideous on chrome and wheres the reply button … First thoughts it looks hideous on chrome and wheres the reply button gone bring back the old or if someone has a link for the old skin

You can revert to the old skin (like I have) if you delete a few client-side cookie values associated with hotukdeals.com from your web browser's cache.

(I can list these if you are confident with being able to do this yourself)

If you are not familiar with how to delete just single values, simply clear all the cookies in your browser, then re-visit (re-log-in) & use the site again. You will probably find other sites you have previously visited will require you to log-in again, or change elements of their user experience previously stored in cookie values, though.
i don't see anything different? i am on chrome.
mutley1

i don't see anything different? i am on chrome.

You have to click on the tester link on the feedback page in fanpages post number 10, any eye problems and I guess you will be deleting cookies as well
I tried the new site layout for a bit, decided to go back after getting snow blind from all the white
said no one ever
deleted1431257
StevenBrown39 m ago

I tried the new site layout for a bit, decided to go back after getting …I tried the new site layout for a bit, decided to go back after getting snow blind from all the white

How do I go back?
eslick

You have to click on the tester link on the feedback page in fanpages … You have to click on the tester link on the feedback page in fanpages post number 10, any eye problems and I guess you will be deleting cookies as well

i deleted cookies but still no change. i guess it will change sooner or later. no hurry. just wondered why i am not getting to see any changes as i have heard people mention various changes this week which i do not appear to have.
StevenBrown

I tried the new site layout for a bit, decided to go back after getting … I tried the new site layout for a bit, decided to go back after getting snow blind from all the white

hass123

How do I go back?

Read this thread from the top.
Does the new site have a for sale/ trade section?
fanpages

You can revert to the old skin (like I have) if you delete a few … You can revert to the old skin (like I have) if you delete a few client-side cookie values associated with hotukdeals.com from your web browser's cache.(I can list these if you are confident with being able to do this yourself)If you are not familiar with how to delete just single values, simply clear all the cookies in your browser, then re-visit (re-log-in) & use the site again. You will probably find other sites you have previously visited will require you to log-in again, or change elements of their user experience previously stored in cookie values, though.

hass123

How do I go back?

How to revert to the old layout by deleting only HUKD cookies and not mess with other websites. A simple Chrome specific tutorial

hotukdeals.com/mis…734
archer120440 m ago

did you click this [ hotukdeals.com/gopep ]

Cheers archer. see it now. looks so cool. i like the fact that people can no longer mark answers down in ask as people were voting down comments out of spite than anything else.
lol. just scrolled through 233 notifications! love all the new emoticons. wicked
StevenBrown

I tried the new site layout for a bit, decided to go back after getting … I tried the new site layout for a bit, decided to go back after getting snow blind from all the white

Make sure you comment on the feedback thread, link in comment 10, the only way the site will take any notice if people complain
Its horrible, feels like a mobile site on desktop
StevenBrown

eslick

Make sure you comment on the feedback thread, link in comment 10, the … Make sure you comment on the feedback thread, link in comment 10, the only way the site will ignore your complaint

^ Fixed.
jco83

*Update after using for 1 day

Comment #18:
[ hotukdeals.com/fee…023 ]
Jeezo, the new layout is AWFUL.

Seriously bad, I might not bother stopping by in future. It is BAD.
Every single HUKD layout design has been progressively worse and worse for user experience. I suppose it might be better for profit revenue etc.

But at the end of the day, it doesn't matter what we think. They'll force the redesign on us, we'll whinge for few weeks then it becomes status-quo and life moves on...

Edit: Ah, seems HUKD's parent company Pepper.com are aligning all sites to the same platform. That explains the change although not the poor UI.
Edited by: "a3lawy" 28th May 2017
Any way to go back to the old site?
a3lawy

...Edit: Ah, seems HUKD's parent company Pepper.com are aligning all … ...Edit: Ah, seems HUKD's parent company Pepper.com are aligning all sites to the same platform. That explains the change although not the poor UI.

A quote from the ongoing main thread's description (opening comment):
---
Again, we've tested these features across our sister sites already- they've been using the Pepper platform for a long while now so we *should*, at least in theory, have a user-focused pack of features by this point.
This whole update has been built around deal community feedback here and across our sister sites and has been constantly updated / tweaked / changed over the past couple of years, both on our new platforms and on our larger, established sites.
---

One wonders on the state of the sister sites, if very basic issues relating to poor testing are being spotted now!
ceanth

Any way to go back to the old site?

Read from the... oh sod it...

Delete your web browser's cookies (for this site only, or for all sites you've ever visited), & re-load the site again.
Edited by: "fanpages" 3rd Jun 2017
fanpages

Read from the... oh sod it...Delete your web brower's cookies (for this … Read from the... oh sod it...Delete your web brower's cookies (for this site only, or for all sites you've ever visited), & re-load the site again.

Brilliant, made me smile
Op change the title it really needs changing. Wonder if the mods will change it if I report it
fanpages

Read from the... oh sod it...Delete your web brower's cookies (for this … Read from the... oh sod it...Delete your web brower's cookies (for this site only, or for all sites you've ever visited), & re-load the site again.

Cheers mate. Back to the good old website

fanpages

Thankyou fp Back to the proper hukd layout design now
It's now reverted back to the new site, chrome told me that the site will be using cookies so I guess that trick is out for me

I am using Chrome on Android.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants