Groups

•★•★• UEFA Champions League ® •★•★• **Quarter final(s) 2nd leg- * Old Trafford/ White hart lane *

Banned
    Enter the Knockout Stages of this years Competition as Europe's elite collide for the biggest Prize in club football.

Show your support for the 4 remaining English contenders.

Can anyone stop Barcelona?

Reviews,Fixtures,Banter,Results.

Spurs

- shauneco

1260 Comments

Original Poster Banned

http://cdn.caughtoffside.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/champions-logo6.jpg

Teams Remaining in this years competition // Odds to win it

AC Milan (20/1)
    Arsenal (20/1)
    Barcelona (15/8 )
    Bayern Munich (22/1)
    Chelsea (9/2)
    FC Copenhagen (200/1)
    Inter Milan (20/1)
    Lyon (125/1)
    Man Utd (8/1)
    Marseille (125/1)
    Real Madrid (4/1)
    Roma (40/1)
    Schalke (66/1)
    Shakhtar Donetsk (66/1)
    Tottenham (22/1)
    Valencia (40/1)

Fixtures (1st leg)

Tuesday, 15 February 2011
    AC Milan v Tottenham 19:45
    Valencia v Schalke 19:45

Wednesday, 16 February 2011
    Arsenal v Barcelona, 19:45
    Roma v Shakhtar Donetsk, 19:45

Tuesday, 22 February 2011
    FC Copenhagen v Chelsea, 19:45
    Lyon v Real Madrid 19:45

Wednesday, 23 February 2011

Inter Milan v Bayern Munich 19:45
    Marseille v Man Utd 19:45

**News**

• Pirlo misses Tottenham tie
    • Puyol likely to miss trip to emirates
    • Vermalen and Nasri and will be unavailable for both fixtures

Will Milan be able to hold onto their title?

http://www.sport24.com/var/plain_site/storage/images/football/diaporamas/la-serie-a-en-images/l-inter-milan-champion-d-italie-2008/2790925-1-fre-FR/l-inter-milan-champion-d-italie-2008_diaporama.jpg

What do you think?

Banned

too much effort....

Europa League thread please

Original Poster Banned

haha, im quite excited to say the least!

i think you will be welcome here next season DC! but maybe someone will muster up a EL thread for you

Spuds and Arsenal to take an early exit, United and Chelsea to progress.

Inter also to exit along with Shakhtar Donetsk, Schalke and Lyon.

Spurs should go through, although it would be funny if they didn't. For us I don't really mind if we get knocked out, Barca are amazing and it will allow us to focus on the league while United still have the Champions League to consider.

Original Poster Banned

I dont think anyone is expecting us to beat Barcelona, i certainly dont.I expect goals at the emirates mind because if we lose there,we have no chance of turning it around in the away fixture. Hopefully we can take a small advantage with us to the nou camp (fingers crossed)

United and chelsea should advance without alot of bother.

Spurs i think will exit probably along with us.

Original Poster Banned

Arsenal Fan

Spurs should go through, although it would be funny if they didn't. For … Spurs should go through, although it would be funny if they didn't. For us I don't really mind if we get knocked out, Barca are amazing and it will allow us to focus on the league while United still have the Champions League to consider.

If VDV and bale are available then it will be interesting. still fancy milan to pip them at the post.
    Yeah i agree, im just looking forward to a good game of football,if we get knocked out so be it!

Agreed with above spurs should go through.

Arsenal Fan

Spurs should go through, although it would be funny if they didn't. For … Spurs should go through, although it would be funny if they didn't. For us I don't really mind if we get knocked out, Barca are amazing and it will allow us to focus on the league while United still have the Champions League to consider.

Why funny? Spurs have already exceeded expectation in the Champs league this season by topping a group including the current european champions. If we go out it will be with our heads held high and with alot of respect from around europe.

In the last few seasons i have heard the same rubbish from arsenal fans. "Your going to get relegated", "you will never finish top 4", "you only made the qualifiers, you have no chance of getting into the group stages" (said before draw and after young boys away leg), "You have no chance of qualifying from that group"."Even if you do qualify you won't finish top" etc etc etc. Now we won't get past Milan and won't finish top 4 again.....................or will we!?

Why would i support the remaining English teams? I don't support them.

I hope Barcelona win as they are by far the best and most entertaining team in the World at the moment.

Original Poster Banned

Syzable

Why would i support the remaining English teams? I don't support them. … Why would i support the remaining English teams? I don't support them. :DI hope Barcelona win as they are by far the best and most entertaining team in the World at the moment.

but its the premiership afterall, should cheer on an english team.

but if spurs or chelsea won it ide defo edit the OP X)

Original Poster Banned

And why are Chelsea only a 9/2? i dont fancy them atall they haven't settled all season.

DangerGod

but its the premiership afterall, should cheer on an english team.but if … but its the premiership afterall, should cheer on an english team.but if spurs or chelsea won it ide defo edit the OP X)

I think it will be either of the big two..........Barcelona or Real this year.

Original Poster Banned

Well Barcelona strong favorites and rightly so, their unbeaten run come to an end last night so a glimmer of hope. As for Madrid, Jose is capable of anything so would never back against them.

only team worth a few quid is Munich as an outside bet.

Banned

DangerGod

Well Barcelona strong favorites and rightly so, their unbeaten run come … Well Barcelona strong favorites and rightly so, their unbeaten run come to an end last night so a glimmer of hope. As for Madrid, Jose is capable of anything so would never back against them.only team worth a few quid is Munich as an outside bet.

Win streak came to an end you mean.

Original Poster Banned

Yeah worded wrong my bad.

Banned

Arsenal Fan

Spurs should go through, although it would be funny if they didn't. For … Spurs should go through, although it would be funny if they didn't. For us I don't really mind if we get knocked out, Barca are amazing and it will allow us to focus on the Carling Cup.

I suppose it beats your normal "You wont even get to the league stage" and "You won't be getting out of the league stage" type posts.

Not bad from "Ars*nal Fan" to say a "Pub side" is expected to knock out Milan who just happen to have held more European and World titles than any other club.

I'll return the compliment.

I expect you to beat Birmingham City and win your first silver wear for 5 years. LOL

Getting a bit desperate from the Spurs fans. You'll win nothing this season and most probably won't even qualify for next season's Champions League. Don't worry yourselves about us we're still involved in all 4 competitions and will be in next season's Champions League

Banned

CHELSEA FOR THE WIN

Banned

Arsenal Fan

Getting a bit desperate from the Spurs fans.

Just as I expected. Just regurgitated crap and no acknowledgement your baiting backfired and not gone to plan.

LOL At the gooner "getting desperate" saying the Barca Game isn't important and expect Spurs to beat Milan. What you gonna do for an encore? Wave a Carling cup at me?

Because I expect Spurs to beat an ageing Milan side that means I'm baiting? You need to calm down. It's funny how it's gone from winning nothing to now oh you'll have 'only' a Carling Cup. I'd like us to win it, but it's nothing major. The fact that you berated others for saying such things when Spurs won it mean you should either acknowledge it as a success or accept you're being hypocritical yet again.

cannot see past barca. man u are a good bet at 8/1.

Banned

Arsenal Fan

Because I expect Spurs to beat an ageing Milan side that means I'm … Because I expect Spurs to beat an ageing Milan side that means I'm baiting?

Considering your previous comments about not getting to the group stages or out of the group stages and suggesting we are a pub side, not to mention the fact Milan are clear of the pack in the Italian League, I'd say it certainly is a change in your usual tactics.

You need to calm down..

That would suggest I'm annoyed. Quite the opposite. We're doing far better than you expected and dont like it.

It's funny how it's gone from winning nothing to now oh you'll have … It's funny how it's gone from winning nothing to now oh you'll have 'only' a Carling Cup. I'd like us to win it, but it's nothing major. The fact that you berated others for saying such things when Spurs won it mean you should either acknowledge it as a success or accept you're being hypocritical yet again.

Winning the Carling cup IS silverwear I've never claimed any different. Where it becomes amusing is the fact beating our reserve team with your full side in extra time this season clearly meant far more than you'd care to admit. Beating a pub side in the opening round of a mickey mouse cup... Wey Hey...... Yet.... losing in the Semi Finals 6-1 was completely meaningless (according to you.) So for you to throw "Hypocrite" in my direction is irony in the extreme. I suppose telling you I think you'll win the Carling Cup previously is baiting?

Banned

any world domination this week ?

Original Poster Banned

---------------Gomes-----------------

Corluka-----Daws----Gallas-----Ekotto

Lennon---Palacios---Sandro---Kranjcar

-----------------VDV------------------

----------------Crouch----------------

Probable start for spurs, bale is confirmed as out. Milan's up-front is looking pretty tasty with the likes of robinho and ibrahimovic.

Banned

dog_cop

any world domination this week ?

That got put on hold by your favourite team at the weekend. X)

DangerGod

Probable start for spurs, bale is confirmed as out. Milan's up-front is … Probable start for spurs, bale is confirmed as out. Milan's up-front is looking pretty tasty with the likes of robinho and ibrahimovic.

Indeed. Modric and Jenas also not available....... I expect the pub side to beat the Italian Leaders though..... Oh wait! That's not my line!

If we can get an away goal and come away with a goal defeat or better I'll be happy. We have serious injuries at present. Shows how well we are doing that at weekend as we started without a single first choice midfielder. Finally our much vaunted squad depth comes good!! That's after getting shot of 2 decent mods in Jan (bentley and o'hara).

If only our strikers could score. Can't wait for tomorrow no matter what happens

Original Poster Banned

guv and AF always remind me of these two X)

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t172/trippin1_bucket/pgeg1.png

@ gbspurs yeah will be interesting, milans defence is going to be shakey as a couple are out with injury so you will need to push for that all important away goal.

Hope Arsenal get a right stuffing, maybe 6-0.

Banned

DangerGod

Will Milan be able to hold onto their title?

Typo?

guv

Winning the Carling cup IS silverwear I've never claimed any different. … Winning the Carling cup IS silverwear I've never claimed any different. Where it becomes amusing is the fact beating our reserve team with your full side in extra time this season clearly meant far more than you'd care to admit. Beating a pub side in the opening round of a mickey mouse cup... Wey Hey...... Yet.... losing in the Semi Finals 6-1 was completely meaningless (according to you.) So for you to throw "Hypocrite" in my direction is irony in the extreme. I suppose telling you I think you'll win the Carling Cup previously is baiting?Indeed. Modric and Jenas also not available....... I expect the pub side to beat the Italian Leaders though..... Oh wait! That's not my line!

Our full side? Are you having a laugh. Both teams played weakened sides and you got thrashed badly, I was actually embarrassed for Spurs. Such an awful club, you even had little kids crying in the crowd after Arshavin emphatically netted the 4th. Compare that to the 5-1 where Spurs played their first team, and we rested basically everyone, not to mention both of these games were at ***** Hart Lane. The fact is you had a temper tantrum because you got all excited that Spurs won the Carling Cup and no one cared, yet when Arsenal have the chance to win it then suddenly you think it means nothing and you're laughing about us winning?

And get over yourself, the Italian League is awful and I do expect Spurs to go through. Not because Spurs are any good, I mean as soon as Spurs meet another English side, or Barca or Real etc they'll immediately be sent packing never to return, but at the moment you should be able to progress past Milan.

The time for talking/arguing is over.................pick your weapons.

http://transitionfarnham.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/handbags.jpg

AC Milan are such a poor team i fully expect the spuds to win the tie !

P.S. If the spuds fail to overcome a very poor AC Milan i will find it highly amusing.

Banned

Arsenal Fan

Our full side? Are you having a laugh. Both teams played weakened sides … Our full side? Are you having a laugh. Both teams played weakened sides and you got thrashed badly, I was actually embarrassed for Spurs. Such an awful club, you even had little kids crying in the crowd after Arshavin emphatically netted the 4th. Compare that to the 5-1 where Spurs played their first team, and we rested basically everyone, not to mention both of these games were at ***** Hart Lane. The fact is you had a temper tantrum because you got all excited that Spurs won the Carling Cup and no one cared, yet when Arsenal have the chance to win it then suddenly you think it means nothing and you're laughing about us winning? And get over yourself, the Italian League is awful and I do expect Spurs to go through. Not because Spurs are any good, I mean as soon as Spurs meet another English side, or Barca or Real etc they'll immediately be sent packing never to return, but at the moment you should be able to progress past Milan.

I expect Italian football is so bad, they never win the Champions League...... Oh wait....

PS..... who has won the last two league encounters between the Spurs and Ars*nal? X)

PPS..... I do think after the above, its a bit rich to claim I've had a temper tantrum. But do carry on.... Its amusing all the same.

These non-sensical arguments are just going to keep going. Why does it matter that Milan have won in the past, so have Liverpool, doesn't mean they're dominant anymore. Are you upset just because I'm not predicting Spurs to go out oO. I think Chelsea and United will go through as well. Actually I think Chelsea have the best chance of winning out of all the English teams as they won't really be focusing on the league.

Original Poster Banned

can anyone confirm how it works after the first lot of knockouts i honestly cant remember... its just a random draw again right? no set fixtures from here like winner of group A faces winner of group C etc?

Yeah it will be random draw, they do the quarter final and semi final draws together as well.

Banned

Arsenal Fan

These non-sensical arguments are just going to keep going. Why does it … These non-sensical arguments are just going to keep going. Why does it matter that Milan have won in the past, so have Liverpool, doesn't mean they're dominant anymore.

You were talking about Italian Football .....You are aware that Inter are Italian aren't you? Or was the comment about the Italian League being awful not relevant? You do know who the holders of the competition are right?

Are you upset just because I'm not predicting Spurs to go out oO. I think … Are you upset just because I'm not predicting Spurs to go out oO. I think Chelsea and United will go through as well. Actually I think Chelsea have the best chance of winning out of all the English teams as they won't really be focusing on the league.

Yes, that must be it, I'm all upset.

PS Nice that you say history and past dominance is irrelevant.........

PPS.... You forgot to answer the question who has won the last 2 league matches between Spurs and Ars*nal....

Wow Spurs have beat us twice in a decade in the league lol, that's really something to be proud of. And Inter won last season, a lot of it down to Mourinho and they did ride their luck at times. Look at them this season, a mess. Milan have a decent team but they're not that good, it should be pretty close but I know I'd be confident of knocking them out if we were facing them, and although Spurs are inferior to us I still expect them to have enough to progress.

Banned

Arsenal Fan

Wow Spurs have beat us twice in a decade in the league lol, that's really … Wow Spurs have beat us twice in a decade in the league lol, that's really something to be proud of.

Past dominance is irrelevant remember.... only recent games count.... dont change the rules.

And Inter won last season, a lot of it down to Mourinho

Quit with the excuses already. Always something isn't there. Is it 'cos he's not an Italian it don't count or somefink?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2226
      2. ** Motorola Moto X Force | Owners Club **32204
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …84142
      4. Follow the Three Word Game!!!44624043

See more discussions