Found 5th Sep 2008
Tesco have just taken a DD from my bank DOUBLE what they said they were going to.
I still had the remainder of last months payment to make when I set up the DD which I was told (repatedly) that I would still have to make. Which i did.

When I called the guy on the other end of the phone said the DD takes a double payment automatically if an overdue payment shows. A direct contradiction to what I was told. I'm raging cos now they have 3x the payment they would normally have had in a month and its really screwed over my finances for the rest of the month :x

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
12 Comments

Banned

i dont disagree with the subject title lol

call the bank and recall the payment? they broke your agreement!

Original Poster

louloo;2898417

call the bank and recall the payment? they broke your agreement!

Thats what I'm doing but its a nightmare to get through and aparently it will take 6 days to be back in my account :cry:

jennybubbles;2898480

Thats what I'm doing but its a nightmare to get through and aparently it … Thats what I'm doing but its a nightmare to get through and aparently it will take 6 days to be back in my account :cry:

Ooh i would kick ass That is terrible, tesco are a bl00dy nightmare, i have stopped shopping with them now as a result. I am terrible for complaining, i would make sure i spoke to every tom d1ck and harry until i got my own way

Hope you get it sorted :thumbsup:

Speak to the most senior person you can at head office and say that you want the money put back into your account today or you will charge them interest at BoE base rate plus 3% charged on a daily basis.
Threaten to take them to the small claims court. :x

cannyscot;2898578

Speak to the most senior person you can at head office and say that you … Speak to the most senior person you can at head office and say that you want the money put back into your account today or you will charge them interest at BoE base rate plus 3% charged on a daily basis. Threaten to take them to the small claims court. :x

yep-i didnt think it would take so long for the bank to sort it!
def call tesco then and tell em you want it today. Its disgusting they can just help thereselves to more than we agree, Same happened to daughter-company took early due to a bank hol-the money wasnt there to cover and the bank ended up charging her £90! we tried to fight it but she got nowhere.

Found out monday that I had been driving around since end of Feb with no car insurance. As far as I was concerned had paid renewal with Debit card or Credit Card over phone at the time. Car tax was due from monday and cos left it late phoned up to DVLA be told cant have tax as no insurance. Been very stressful this week until everything was back in place and correct. Cant trust these automated systems. Seems you have to double check the important things.
Only glad there had not been any incidents.

WoolyM;2898846

Found out monday that I had been driving around since end of Feb with no … Found out monday that I had been driving around since end of Feb with no car insurance. As far as I was concerned had paid renewal with Debit card or Credit Card over phone at the time. Car tax was due from monday and cos left it late phoned up to DVLA be told cant have tax as no insurance. Been very stressful this week until everything was back in place and correct. Cant trust these automated systems. Seems you have to double check the important things. Only glad there had not been any incidents.

omg thats awful! glad you are sorted now:thumbsup:

WoolyM;2898846

Found out monday that I had been driving around since end of Feb with no … Found out monday that I had been driving around since end of Feb with no car insurance. As far as I was concerned had paid renewal with Debit card or Credit Card over phone at the time. Car tax was due from monday and cos left it late phoned up to DVLA be told cant have tax as no insurance. Been very stressful this week until everything was back in place and correct. Cant trust these automated systems. Seems you have to double check the important things. Only glad there had not been any incidents.

Don't you check your financial statements? If I'd paid for something that big I'd notice if the money hadn't been taken when my statements arrived. Unless you're very lucky and your car insurance is in pennies.

Gazbert;2898929

Don't you check your financial statements? If I'd paid for something that … Don't you check your financial statements? If I'd paid for something that big I'd notice if the money hadn't been taken when my statements arrived. Unless you're very lucky and your car insurance is in pennies.

Well there was a lot of stuff going on at the time and i did not check. But I have since found out that there are good reasons for doing so. I advise others not to make an assumption that renewals have gone through. I hope I am the really rare exception in this case. But I have been running the various scenarios in my mind that could have occured and its scary. You can check current insurance details and Tax details online now. Something I am now aware of.

Hi

The email for the MD or CEO Terry Leahy is

[email protected] or his PA [email protected]

Hope these help, I am having nightmares with tesco at the moment, they were meant to pick up some faulty furniture some of which is still flat packed and some not. I did tell HQ a week ago that some is not packed and they said they would get back to me but didn't as usual

Then a chap called me yesterday and said they would;nt pick up stuff not flat packed but would send guys for the packed stuff, then no one arrived so I wasted a day waiting in for them.

Then tesco threatened to take another payment for the furniture if I didn't let them pick it up another day!!! So they don't turn up and they want to charge me for it!!!

I am still waiting for a reply as I want the stuff out of my way and I cannot take the rest down until they get the packed stuff out of my way! Have explained several times I am disabled and not able to lift although to help them out I was carrying drawers down to save them a job and now have to take it all back upstairs as I keep tripping over it!!!

No one has bothered to call yet again so I am stuck with their rubbish!!!!

I have to agree that there is currently something wrong with the way Tesco's direct operations are working. I've just had hassle with a collect in store order. They only sent half the order and then their system couldn't account for the missing item. the polite but rather badly trained assistant in store even suggested that the missing item might be because I didn't have funds on my credit card - so it was my fault. Store and call centre seem to have no effective way of communicating with each other either and when the item eventually turned up it was faulty. I also resent having to pay for a premium (albeit only 6p minute) call then it's their cock-up.

So, erm, the message is: try to avoid Tesco if possible.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…1226
    2. Free 3 months Nowtv kids pass anyone?12
    3. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927403
    4. Coming up to bonfire night ...2333

See more discussions