Groups

oops, just bought some expensive whiskey....should i tell the wife how much it cost?

Just bought some single cask Ardberg for 45 pound a bottle.. quite cheap for what it is. Trouble is I bought two just to have double the bargain. Now, Should i tell the wife that I've spent 90 quid on posh booze for myself, or just lie and say that it was 45 quid for the 2?

35 Comments

My wife wouldn't justify £10 for 2 bottles let alone £90 just lie like I do.

Banned

would she know if you said they were £15 a bottle?

Were you already tipsy when you bought it:)

Banned

nikkib123;4373986

Imagine how many pairs of shoes the wife could have bought with the money!

about 70 pairs if you shop in primark

Original Poster

DangerGod;4373995

would she know if you said they were £15 a bottle?

oh yes... she knows how much i've spent on malt previously....current record me and my mate 150 quid each for half a bottle each of laughavulin 25 year old

Original Poster

Predikuesi;4374001

Were you already tipsy when you bought it:)

nope, totally sober......unfortunatley. I am a whisky loving muppet, but i don't go over the top

Depends what you bought HER for valentines day :whistling:

Banned

How does expensive whiskey compare to cheap stuff? Fancy sending me a tipple? I would never imagine spending that on whiskey.

Original Poster

lumoruk;4374062

How does expensive whiskey compare to cheap stuff? Fancy sending me a … How does expensive whiskey compare to cheap stuff? Fancy sending me a tipple? I would never imagine spending that on whiskey.

i'd love to. you just need to try a few . i could suggest a few to get you started if you like?

tell her... as its valentines day tomorrow why not treat herself to a new hairstyle and some lovely new make up, give her the £100... and sit back and sip your whiskey:-D

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;4374079

tell her... as its valentines day tomorrow why not treat herself to a new … tell her... as its valentines day tomorrow why not treat herself to a new hairstyle and some lovely new make up, give her the £100... and sit back and sip your whiskey:-D

sounds like a winner to me!

Can't see a problem with just telling her - you've obviously got an excess of money so what's to worry about?

chesso;4374105

Can't see a problem with just telling her - you've obviously got an … Can't see a problem with just telling her - you've obviously got an excess of money so what's to worry about?

I think he's worried about his uh... manhood :-D

and to think I tell my husband off for buying too many magazines/Dvds/Books lol

Original Poster

chesso;4374105

Can't see a problem with just telling her - you've obviously got an … Can't see a problem with just telling her - you've obviously got an excess of money so what's to worry about?

not an excess of money, i just don't like to buy shoes:thumbsup:

Be a man......lie like me 8-)

Give her a bottle for Valentines...
    How old is it? The booze not the mrs.

Original Poster

rockyfella;4374238

Give her a bottle for Valentines...How old is it? The booze not the mrs.

only 16 years, but it's a single cask and if i can resist drinking it (some hope) will double in price in less than 3 years.

castortroy;4374258

only 16 years, but it's a single cask and if i can resist drinking it … only 16 years, but it's a single cask and if i can resist drinking it (some hope) will double in price in less than 3 years.

it's an investment! :thumbsup:

THATs what you tell her

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;4374265

it's an investment! :thumbsup:THATs what you tell her

Unfortunatley it's like having the creamiest, most moorish bar of dairy milk in the house and not eating , or even having " just a little taste" for THREE YEARS.....not likely when i put it like that? Most whisky investors are teetotal (for a reason)

send it to me I'll look after it for you...lol

That's cheap.

I once bought some wisky that was £230. (serious)

Original Poster

The JFK;4374333

That's cheap.I once bought some wisky that was £230. (serious)

i can well beliive it ( not wishing to cast distertions about your previous reputation). The most expensive whisky i have tasted was a Port Ellen ( a distillery closed for over thirty years) which cost over 1200 pounds a bottle.

Down a bottle quickly and then tell her. If she punches you, you won't feel a thing.

Original Poster

P.S only had a measure .NOT the bottle.

I would tell her as she will find out and when she does the £90 spend won't be the issue she will be furious about the lie.

Banned

ClarityofMind;4374315

send it to me I'll look after it for you...lol

just dont let this kid look after it lol
    youtube.com/wat…ted

castortroy;4374354

i can well beliive it ( not wishing to cast distertions about your … i can well beliive it ( not wishing to cast distertions about your previous reputation). The most expensive whisky i have tasted was a Port Ellen ( a distillery closed for over thirty years) which cost over 1200 pounds a bottle.

must have been pre-marriage lol

Perpita;4374372

I would tell her as she will find out and when she does the £90 spend … I would tell her as she will find out and when she does the £90 spend won't be the issue she will be furious about the lie.

yup yup :thumbsup:

ClarityofMind;4374377

must have been pre-marriage lol

:giggle:

We have a very balanced relationship (marriage)
    She lets me buy whatever I want.
    And I let her buy me whatever she wants to.

Ardbeg*

Hi Castortroy - Some really interesting reading about Whiskey.

I'd tell her, I keep buying xBox 360 games (not quite the same price) and go to football a lot (season ticket), I always think the Mrs will be annoyed with me but for some mad reason she's normally pleased I got myself something which makes me happy. Obviously it helps that I say go get yourself something too...

:giggle:

rockyfella;4374490

We have a very balanced relationship (marriage)She lets me buy whatever I … We have a very balanced relationship (marriage)She lets me buy whatever I want.And I let her buy me whatever she wants to.

black gerbil1;4374504

Ardbeg*

Whisky :whistling:

I think you had better buy her something very expensive
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2494
      2. Cat Chat76734
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767394
      4. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1725

See more discussions