Groups

Oops - Meeting with my head of year and parents.

Oops. Seems like I havent been going college enuff. Got a meeting on wednesday about attendance and overall progress.

TBH I've been cruising this year, and I know really cant afford to. Going to bring up some of my tutorsfaults like.. 4 of my 9 teachers. I hate all 4 and they are never here, or bother to teach, little support no matter how much you ask or email.

Walked out of ones lesson today after 40 mins asking for help and he said look in the text book, yet he was planning lessons for next week!!!!!!!!!!

I dont mean to sound like Kevin the teenager and....

I know the attendance is my fault, but id have more willpower if I had more support and guidance in the classroom, right?

Is this a fair enough argument?

Discuss....

80 Comments

Think you could be in trouble....they always favour what the techers say :roll:

But just plead and beg and say you will change, you will be more focused, you will get your act together!

Good luck :thumbsup:

Original Poster

munnski;4533516

Think you could be in trouble....they always favour what the techers say … Think you could be in trouble....they always favour what the techers say :roll:But just plead and beg and say you will change, you will be more focused, you will get your act together!Good luck :thumbsup:

I know I just need to knuckle down now for 10 weeks till my exams begin, but i could even get other students who will say exactly the same thing for most of these teachers.

My mother and I, after a week of screaming, talked it out when I got back from college today. She says I have a fair enough argument, but can't quite get her head around how **** ive described the tutors.

I EVEN GET EMA (£30 a week) if i attend every lesson in that week, but even that isnt getting me in lessons the teachers are that bad.

lol its simple if you want to learn you go, its not like school

Choose how you say it carefully- even if what you say is right if you don't phrase it correctly they'll think you're just blaming the teachers to get out of the trouble you're in!!! If you start by accepting that you haven't been attending enough etc then go onto say while I'm here I'd like to bring up this concern etc...! Good luck

well sweetie, you have to come up with some valid reasons why you have been "cruising" this year and show that you'll put more time and effort in in the future. It's almost easter already you know!

If you have some genuine concerns about any of your teachers discuss these with your parents first because you don't want the head to think you are just making these up to deflect blame from yourself.

Good luck at the meeting. Listen to what is discussed and try not to "knee-jerk reaction" to any of it. xx

Don't worry, if you don't pass your plumbing course you can always get a full time job in McDonalds.

As long as you have the same sort of chavvy parents that you seem to be, then you'll be fine.

Your avatar is an ambition, isn't it?

happy flipping.

just a tip-don't go in slagging of the teachers-gets you off on the wrong foot-DO say you've found it hard to work with their way of teaching and that you don't feel they have helped you develop during the terms to enable you to focus on the syllabus etc.

And say what you've said here-you know you've not being putting the effort in, you can see this is a wakeup call and you are full of enthusiasm to go forward !

Good luck !

Banned

at the end of the day it isnt the tutors that miss out, get your head round that and you may start getting somewhere

Original Poster

The JFK;4533560

Don't worry, if you don't pass your plumbing course you can always get a … Don't worry, if you don't pass your plumbing course you can always get a full time job in McDonalds.

Im actually doing Maths, Physics, Engineer and Drama and theatre studies.

Hoping to go and do a maths degree.

Bigpoppaad;4533606

Im actually doing Maths, Physics, Engineer and Drama and theatre studies. … Im actually doing Maths, Physics, Engineer and Drama and theatre studies. Hoping to go and do a maths degree.

Whatever.

Good luck with your plumbing and McDonalds working.:thumbsup:

Original Poster

virus;4533565

As long as you have the same sort of chavvy parents that you seem to be, … As long as you have the same sort of chavvy parents that you seem to be, then you'll be fine.Your avatar is an ambition, isn't it?happy flipping.

Ahh I'n not a chav mate, dont even own a tracksuit lol. Thats quite offensive if you ask me.

I should be getting A's and B's at A level, Semm to be cruising at C's and D's

Original Poster

The JFK;4533631

Whatever.Good luck with your plumbing and McDonalds working.:thumbsup:

LOL, "Whatever".. Because i proved you wrong that im doing some pretty hardcore courses and want to go to a very hard course at university.

Original Poster

sassie;4533597

at the end of the day it isnt the tutors that miss out, get your head … at the end of the day it isnt the tutors that miss out, get your head round that and you may start getting somewhere

Yeah, I know this, and thanks to everyone, I know i gotta word it all right, and I accept 75% of this is my own lazyness.

But still cant help feeling that tutors arnt really doing there job. Some subject areas are great and I love them. Others arn't. My behaviour is fine, but my progress and recent attendance isnt good at all.

Bigpoppaad;4533632

Ahh I'n not a chav mate, dont even own a tracksuit lol. Thats quite … Ahh I'n not a chav mate, dont even own a tracksuit lol. Thats quite offensive if you ask me. I should be getting A's and B's at A level, Semm to be cruising at C's and D's

You're mates with Dean and work in McDonalds.

You're a chav.

Bigpoppaad;4533646

LOL, "Whatever".. Because i proved you wrong that im doing some pretty … LOL, "Whatever".. Because i proved you wrong that im doing some pretty hardcore courses and want to go to a very hard course at university.

Plumbers generally don't go to uni.

We have all done it.... think you can cruise through life and it will be fine but take a look around you at the successful people and they will be nearly all non cruisers.
    Main advice I would give you is dont blame anyone else, its in your power to change anything you want. You will find that tutors will react to you the way they see you treating their efforts, why should you cruise through lessons then get miffed when they wont help you when you decide to do a bit...
    All this book learning comes a lot easier at your age and trust me you will look back with regrets if you dont give it your all now....
    Best of luck mate and just make a promise to yourself and everyone supporting you that you will turn it around and make them proud! :thumbsup:

Bigpoppaad;4533632

Ahh I'n not a chav mate, dont even own a tracksuit lol. Thats quite … Ahh I'n not a chav mate, dont even own a tracksuit lol. Thats quite offensive if you ask me.

About as offensive to you as your spelling and grammar is to me.

Being a chav is an attitude. You have it.

Original Poster

The JFK;4533689

Plumbers generally don't go to uni.

Meh, Well its ok. I understand your jelous that I'm going on to do something higher skilled than you.

Plumbers make a good living these days actually.. Set up your own firm and get some repuation and your quids in. Don't diss things you dont understand.

Banned

Bigpoppaad;4533678

Yeah, I know this, and thanks to everyone, I know i gotta word it all … Yeah, I know this, and thanks to everyone, I know i gotta word it all right, and I accept 75% of this is my own lazyness. But still cant help feeling that tutors arnt really doing there job. Some subject areas are great and I love them. Others arn't. My behaviour is fine, but my progress and recent attendance isnt good at all.

my daughter hates school and by some of the behaviour you here about going on there i really dont blame her, its almost like the teachers come down to the toe rags level rather than the other way round, she knows whatever she comes out with is going to be through her hard work and determination, very little to do with the teachers input

Original Poster

virus;4533705

About as offensive to you as your spelling and grammar is to me.Being a … About as offensive to you as your spelling and grammar is to me.Being a chav is an attitude. You have it.

Excuse me...I come looking for a bit of friendly advice, and i get a slating of someone ive not even seen on other threads, calling me a chav. All youve read is the post. You dont know me, You dont know what I'm like.

I dont have the attitude, I just want to pass AS, pass A2 and get into a good Uni.

Sorry for asking advice on how I should go about getting myself back on track. :x

sassie;4533719

my daughter hates school and by some of the behaviour you here about … my daughter hates school and by some of the behaviour you here about going on there i really dont blame her, its almost like the teachers come down to the toe rags level rather than the other way round, she knows whatever she comes out with is going to be through her hard work and determination, very little to do with the teachers input

And you can't have helped her much with her English......

you seem to know what you have been doing wrong , so focus onwhat you have to do , apply yourself to what is needed and learn from the people who are teaching you

you will regret this if you dont and end up just a nobody when you had the chance , my son now leaves school for uni to study forensic and nano sciences and he has been told what to expect and what to achieve if he can but he must give application and some focus in what this entails , so i think come on grow up now , it isnt that hard and is so worth it , or regret it for ever more
    . im sure you will good luck

singer

haha i had a meetin today too, my arrendence is 78% lol, but the only lessons i wag is with this obe bell end tutor lol. and jfk and virus,stfu me and adam are workin veryhard while u 2 sit at home being immature children on the internet

Banned

virus;4533748

And you can't have helped her much with her English......

trevor

Bigpoppaad;4533745

Excuse me...I come looking for a bit of friendly advice, and i get a … Excuse me...I come looking for a bit of friendly advice, and i get a slating of someone ive not even seen on other threads, calling me a chav. All youve read is the post. You dont know me, You dont know what I'm like. I dont have the attitude, I just want to pass AS, pass A2 and get into a good Uni. Sorry for asking advice on how I should go about getting myself back on track. :x

Just lose the attitude. No-one owes you anything. It's not anyone else's fault. And remember - they can sling you out - after 16, education is optional. On both sides.

Bigpoppaad;4533712

Meh, Well its ok. I understand [COLOR="Red"]your … Meh, Well its ok. I understand [COLOR="Red"]your [/COLOR][COLOR="Red"]jelous [/COLOR]that I'm going on to do something higher skilled than you. Plumbers make a good living these days actually.. Set up your own firm and get some [COLOR="Red"]repuation [/COLOR]and your quids in. Don't diss things you dont understand.

It should read "you're".
    It's 'jealous' not "jelous".
    It's 'reputation', not "repuation".

I think it's quite clear I am superior to you.

Original Poster

sassie;4533719

my daughter hates school and by some of the behaviour you here about … my daughter hates school and by some of the behaviour you here about going on there i really dont blame her, its almost like the teachers come down to the toe rags level rather than the other way round, she knows whatever she comes out with is going to be through her hard work and determination, very little to do with the teachers input

Hmm, I disagree. I feel having a very good teacher makes the student. I had great teachers at GCSE and came out with 3 A*, 5A, 2B and a C. I worked hard and enjoyed school.

Now, in the subjects I have new teachers and ones i dont get along with for numerous reasons, I seem to be flunking, My grades are D's.

Funny how all these people moaning about teachers can't spell.

"Do you want fires with that?"

oh and adam what teachers dont u like lol

Bigpoppaad;4533745

Excuse me...I come looking for a bit of friendly advice, and i get a … Excuse me...I come looking for a bit of friendly advice, and i get a slating of someone ive not even seen on other threads, calling me a chav. All youve read is the post. You dont know me, You dont know what I'm like. I dont have the attitude, I just want to pass AS, pass A2 and get into a good Uni. Sorry for asking advice on how I should go about getting myself back on track. :x

Don't worry hon.. if people call you names they aren't worth your time or effort in disagreeing with them. Ignore button

Good luck at the interview x

dean3988;4533759

haha i had a meetin today too, my arrendence is 78% lol, but the only … haha i had a meetin today too, my arrendence is 78% lol, but the only lessons i wag is with this obe bell end tutor lol. and jfk and virus,stfu me and adam are workin veryhard while u 2 sit at home being immature children on the internet

You are almost as illiterate as Sassie.

Walked out of ones lesson today after 40 mins asking for help and he said … Walked out of ones lesson today after 40 mins asking for help and he said look in the text book, yet he was planning lessons for next week!!!!!!!!!!

I don't get what you mean by this. You asked the teacher 40mins of questions during class time?

Original Poster

The JFK;4533782

It should read "you're". It's 'jealous' not "jelous".It's 'reputation', … It should read "you're". It's 'jealous' not "jelous".It's 'reputation', not "repuation".I think it's quite clear I am superior to you.

I got a B in english, But its a forum, and you seemed to get what everything meant, my post isnt going to be marked and Im not going to get a qualification.

End of the day. It doesnt really matter does it.

Banned

Bigpoppaad;4533790

Hmm, I disagree. I feel having a very good teacher makes the student. I … Hmm, I disagree. I feel having a very good teacher makes the student. I had great teachers at GCSE and came out with 3 A*, 5A, 2B and a C. I worked hard and enjoyed school.Now, in the subjects I have new teachers and ones i dont get along with for numerous reasons, I seem to be flunking, My grades are D's.

If you aint interested it really doesnt matter who is teaching you, so no a good teacher doesnt make the student, the good students are bright enough to work to get what they want, no matter whats ut in their way, storming out of classrooms is what my son does when he cant have his own way at home, i hope to hell he isnt still behaving like that in his teenage years

The JFK;4533806

im on my samsung q1 so i have to use the on screen keyboard.

just dont get too jealous i can afford luxury goods:thumbsup:

Bigpoppaad;4533812

I got a B in english, But its a forum, and you seemed to get what … I got a B in english, But its a forum, and you seemed to get what everything meant, my post isnt going to be marked and Im not going to get a qualification. End of the day. It doesnt really matter does it.

well said.......I for one am sick to death of the grammar police in here! Hope all goes well at college :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Slash;4533809

I don't get what you mean by this. You asked the teacher 40mins of … I don't get what you mean by this. You asked the teacher 40mins of questions during class time?

Yeah, Its a class of 4 students, so youd of thort the teacher would have all the time in the world to help right? No, I sat for 40 mins, asking for help, attemping something I have little knowledge about and havent really done before. But the teacher turned me away, all whilst he was doing work he should do in his free's and at home.

Banned

The JFK;4533806

ide rather be that than as desperate as you :thumbsup:

Original Poster

bitseylango;4533833

well said.......I for one am sick to death of the grammar police in here! … well said.......I for one am sick to death of the grammar police in here! Hope all goes well at college :thumbsup:

Cheers:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Gear best shipping?44
      2. Do you use a case on your iPhone?44
      3. Virgin Media TV56
      4. Tooth extraction99

See more discussions