Groups

Op Amp LM456NA

Where would I go about buying one of these to upgrade an Asus Xonar DS PCI 7.1 Soundcard?

Many Thanks

20 Comments

Have you read a tutorial/guide that allows you to upgrade your current sound card by use of an op amp component?

Original Poster

danmc

HERE

Thats not the OP amp.

Original Poster

The Xonar has a swappable OP amp apparently I don't really know too much about it but I've read reviews and they suggest it increases the sound quality.

It would help to know a bit more about this bigfoot, how old are you? Just out of interest as age in this situation might be to your advantage in obtaining the component.
    Edited by: "Dechilo" 22nd Aug 2010

Original Poster

I'm 20 and a University Student if that helps?

Helps a lot, which uni are you at?

LM4562NA is what you're after.

Original Poster

Exeter

Original Poster

LM4562NA is what you're after.

Yer but where can I buy one?

Oh yeah, the age helps because the cheapest way you can get your component for less than £1 is to ask your ''systems engineering'' (that's usually department where the electronics stuff happens) technician to add the component to their next order. I am at Reading uni in the SSE (School of Systems Engineering).

bigfoot100

Yer but where can I buy one?

Try search on Google or Ebay...:p

Original Poster

Dechilo

Oh yeah, the age helps because the cheapest way you can get your … Oh yeah, the age helps because the cheapest way you can get your component for less than £1 is to ask your ''systems engineering'' (that's usually department where the electronics stuff happens) technician to add the component to their next order. I am at Reading uni in the SSE (School of Systems Engineering).

Oh I didn't think about that I'll ask one of our technicians. Thanks for your help

Np, if you try other places maybe maplins will be of assistance, but anywhere else will be more expensive than your uni can get it for

lee, thats £4.27 for 1 unit plus postage? or is that extra? either way its probably cheaper to ask a techie in a larger organisation such as a uni/college or even school. Suppose it depends how much he wants the component now.

*** £5.02 inc vat.
    Edited by: "Dechilo" 22nd Aug 2010

i think postage is normally free with small online orders, ill have a look at work tomoz and see if we have any

Original Poster

Thanks For your help

sorry mate non at work

Original Poster

leemole101

sorry mate non at work

No worries thanks anyway
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs1649