Open box V8s Update From F5s Plus 24 Months All Channels Sky Gift

Found 1st Apr 2016
guy coming out tomorrow to install one of these £90 or they any good??
Community Updates
AskIntelSkyChromebook
30 Comments
Isn't this illegal? Gifts are server depended, if server will be down you will never able to watch scrambled channels. Also active Internet connection is required all the time.
I had mine for ages now, it's great!
Had a f5 box for a couple of years the gift always fails after 6 months amazing the eBay seller disapers too now I never pay for more than a year gift
while you are letting the Internet know you may as well give sky a call.
lol.
24month "gift" can be pulled at any time by the seller if it's from eBay or gumtree or someone you don't know personally. Generally lucky to last six months before you have to purchase another "gift" but still get your money worth by avoiding paying the real price for channels.
Look around at some forums for "gifts" prices range from £20-£80 depending on if you want a regular satellite "gift" or a better cable (fibre enabled) gift (fibre in your area permitting) "gift" which brings back glorious HD

Do some research. For the same price maybe 5er more you could get a zgemma with a nice sky skin
£90 is vastly overpriced for a poor receiver.

You can get a ZGemma H1 for around £65 and a subscription to every channel for £10, for the year. You then pay £10 a year after that. The ZGemma will allow you to pause, rewind and record live TV as well as opening up numerous possibilities, like a Sky skin and crossepg, due to it being Linux. The Openbox should be called closed box. Get a Linux box, it's open source.
When I had one i paid £85, so for what your paying will be about right. At least you see a face and can always go to them if any problems
djdanj89

When I had one i paid £85, so for what your paying will be about right. … When I had one i paid £85, so for what your paying will be about right. At least you see a face and can always go to them if any problems

yeah as Im sure the guy illegally setting this up has a robust and fair complaints department.
Is it possible to get a box like this which runs purely off a fibre internet connection and not a satellite?
ibblackberry1

yeah as Im sure the guy illegally setting this up has a robust and fair … yeah as Im sure the guy illegally setting this up has a robust and fair complaints department.

I'm comparing it to someone you buy from online.
I would just suggest on trying to get on the £25 p/m full sky package from Sky.
tommy6000009

£90 is vastly overpriced for a poor receiver.You can get a ZGemma H1 for … £90 is vastly overpriced for a poor receiver.You can get a ZGemma H1 for around £65 and a subscription to every channel for £10, for the year. You then pay £10 a year after that. The ZGemma will allow you to pause, rewind and record live TV as well as opening up numerous possibilities, like a Sky skin and crossepg, due to it being Linux. The Openbox should be called closed box. Get a Linux box, it's open source.

Is that the best option for a box. Want something similar to a sky or Virgin interface?
tommy6000009

£90 is vastly overpriced for a poor receiver.You can get a ZGemma H1 for … £90 is vastly overpriced for a poor receiver.You can get a ZGemma H1 for around £65 and a subscription to every channel for £10, for the year. You then pay £10 a year after that. The ZGemma will allow you to pause, rewind and record live TV as well as opening up numerous possibilities, like a Sky skin and crossepg, due to it being Linux. The Openbox should be called closed box. Get a Linux box, it's open source.

Some points I can agree with there but your statement on the Openbox as a "Poor Receiver" is plain bull. AS an inexpensive way to beam down sat tv it's a brilliant little receiver (I must point out that these are had for £35). We use one in our rooms and they're brilliant - they also support the features you mentioned bar the Sky skin and CrossEPG (7 Day EPG still there).

What I will say though is yes, Enigma 2 boxes are well worth the investment 100%. Just going to the Cloud iBox 2 Plus SE was a big step and a great one at that. Recently bought a ZGemma Star H.2S and it's awesome.
Shotzz96

Is that the best option for a box. Want something similar to a sky or … Is that the best option for a box. Want something similar to a sky or Virgin interface?

The box he mentions supports both cable and satellite connections. You can load up a skin which will make it appear like the services you mention.
M0nk3h

The box he mentions supports both cable and satellite connections. You … The box he mentions supports both cable and satellite connections. You can load up a skin which will make it appear like the services you mention.

​whats the differnce between cable and satellite
M0nk3h

Some points I can agree with there but your statement on the Openbox as a … Some points I can agree with there but your statement on the Openbox as a "Poor Receiver" is plain bull. AS an inexpensive way to beam down sat tv it's a brilliant little receiver (I must point out that these are had for £35). We use one in our rooms and they're brilliant - they also support the features you mentioned bar the Sky skin and CrossEPG (7 Day EPG still there).What I will say though is yes, Enigma 2 boxes are well worth the investment 100%. Just going to the Cloud iBox 2 Plus SE was a big step and a great one at that. Recently bought a ZGemma Star H.2S and it's awesome.

Cannot disagree more. My mother wanted me to install one for her and wanted the cheapest option, so I got her a V8S. I couldn't believe how crap it was compared to others I've tried, admittedly only ZGemma H1 and a Technomate, with the latter being closed source. The Openbox is completely fine if you just want tv but don't be expecting to improve your experienced by tweaking it. Woeful receiver.
M0nk3h

The box he mentions supports both cable and satellite connections. You … The box he mentions supports both cable and satellite connections. You can load up a skin which will make it appear like the services you mention.

Exactly it supports both cable and satellite so you can have both, meaning watch one whilst recording another. The Sky Sports and Sky Movies HD channels are scrambled on satellite but you can get them via cable. However you'll pay at least £90 more per year for cable.

Personally if you get cable, which you should if you've a Full HD tv, then you may as well pay the extra tenner for satellite and have both.
Peter9588

Is it possible to get a box like this which runs purely off a fibre … Is it possible to get a box like this which runs purely off a fibre internet connection and not a satellite?

Yes, they're called IPTV boxes. Not knowledgable on them but I believe you can get them for around £30. Not the same experience but good for the price I hear. I believe they run Kodi which will be your main source for channels on them. I'm not a fan of Kodi but if it's got what you want, then fantastic. You could also get an Amazon Firestick for around the same price. Or for free hook your laptop up to the TV via HDMI. Or even a Chromecast if you have an Android phone and Mobdro. There's many ways. I personally prefer the Receiver even though you have to pay for it, simply due to the experience being as close to Sky/Virgin as you can get.
So the best box to get is the zgemma box h1 or h2? Found a H2 for around £85. Where is the best place to get the gift for all channels? What do I need to connect the box to make it work? Thanks for any input!
Anyone got any useful links to the box and gift providers please?
Your best bet is to check satellite forums for information.
seem to be ok has all the channels plus pay as you go, boxing and such, downside you cant record,
vitertexltd

seem to be ok has all the channels plus pay as you go, boxing and such, … seem to be ok has all the channels plus pay as you go, boxing and such, downside you cant record,

​no freezing?
Peter9588

Is it possible to get a box like this which runs purely off a fibre … Is it possible to get a box like this which runs purely off a fibre internet connection and not a satellite?

​iptv
Depends really, I have [watched from afar] zgemma star 2s boxes sell for £30 and I have [watched from afar someone] flashing them and installing sucmnsee vix backup.

It's about 40 minutes work including flashing time to get Skype channels. Cost is £30 box + £30 line so I'd say you're paying too much BUT you say they are coming to install it which makes me think you don't have the aerials to just plug in already in which case £90 sounds reasonable considering they have to make a profit at the end of the day.
cannot get the hd channels to work
Freely admit I don't get any of the tech jargon going on here. From what I gather, it's people getting Sky from an unofficial source. Is it legal, or just some dodgy workaround for chavs to avoid paying a fair price?

cannot get the hd channels to work

You'll only get a few HD channels if your source is satellite. All sky subscription channels are scrambled. You'll get BT sport in HD for now.

Freely admit I don't get any of the tech jargon going on here. From what … Freely admit I don't get any of the tech jargon going on here. From what I gather, it's people getting Sky from an unofficial source. Is it legal, or just some dodgy workaround for chavs to avoid paying a fair price?

Go here it'll explain: techwatch.co.uk/for…07/

Edited by: "Paddy_o_furniture" 7th Jun 2016
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants