Open-Jaw Flights? How do you find?

Found 21st Jan 2013
I have seen a number of posts relating to Open-Jaw travel. I understand its concept and think the benefits are worth exploring, but how do you go about finding these deals? Is it purely by chance, or do certain carriers offer incentives for certain stopovers / destination changes etc. Any help would be appreciated.
Community Updates
MiscFlight
8 Comments
surely you'd catch flies?
Original Poster
brilly

surely you'd catch flies?

perhaps why they offer such good value!!
I don't understand its concept (not heard of them before) can you explain?
I had to google it as I had no idea:

An open-jaw ticket is an airline ticket in which a traveler returns to the airline from a city other than the one in which they arrived, or in which the final destination is not the same as the original departure city. The trip between these two cities is then made over land, sea or with a separately booked flight.

Surely that's just a single ticket instead of a return? It doesn't really need a special name.
Edited by: "stormydat" 21st Jan 2013
Supermod
The best way to find these would be to use this link. As long as you can put in your very basic requirements you should be able to find the cheapest flight by selecting maybe the "Nearby" option and being open to the prospect of a few stops and delays in airports. If you don't want delays, just make sure you remove all stops from your search page.

You cannot book flights on that link but it does give you all the information that you need to book with whichever airline is offering that particular price.
Supermod
daturastorm

I had to google it as I had no idea:An open-jaw ticket is an airline … I had to google it as I had no idea:An open-jaw ticket is an airline ticket in which a traveler returns to the airline from a city other than the one in which they arrived, or in which the final destination is not the same as the original departure city. The trip between these two cities is then made over land, sea or with a separately booked flight. Surely that's just a single ticket instead of a return? It doesn't really need a special name.

Not really as you will always have another flight on your booking. Single tickets would be exactly that - two singles booked under separate transactions.
Original Poster
magicjay1986

The best way to find these would be to use this link. As long as you can … The best way to find these would be to use this link. As long as you can put in your very basic requirements you should be able to find the cheapest flight by selecting maybe the "Nearby" option and being open to the prospect of a few stops and delays in airports. If you don't want delays, just make sure you remove all stops from your search page. You cannot book flights on that link but it does give you all the information that you need to book with whichever airline is offering that particular price.

Thats perfect, will check this out. Thanks
Banned
sancho1983

I don't understand its concept (not heard of them before) can you explain?

http://now-here-this.timeout.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/1269259657_omg_cat.gif
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions