Openbox advice needed ?

Found 6th Sep 2015
I have a couple of media players in the house with Kodi on them,but as you know Live sports streams are poor using media boxes.
I've been looking at these Openbox with Gift for free Sky & BT sports,but don't know enough about this "Gift" & how easy the Openbox is to set-up.

Anyone got one & can direct me ?
Community Updates
225 Comments
It's is very easy to set up,it works out cheaper to buy a box and a line separate,look for a v8s box and you want a line that is about £15 for 6 months,if you need any advice on where to get the line let me know
very easy to setup you need a satellite dish and an ethernet cable and a usb stick that has be formatted to fat32. The person I bought my 'gift' off gave step by step instructions on how to install it.
Original Poster
buyer100

It's is very easy to set up,it works out cheaper to buy a box and a line … It's is very easy to set up,it works out cheaper to buy a box and a line separate,look for a v8s box and you want a line that is about £15 for 6 months,if you need any advice on where to get the line let me know

Someone on facebook offering the openbox for £135 & they state it does not stop/run out.
Also another person on Gumtree doing the same openbox for £100,but they do add they will reset it after 12 months for £30.
Does any of them sound decent or is it much cheaper doing it myself ?
What area do you live in
I paid £45 for my openbox v8s on ebay and paid £21 for 2 years 'gift'
Original Poster
buyer100

What area do you live in

Glasgow

sloanes9620

I paid £45 for my openbox v8s on ebay and paid £21 for 2 years 'gift'

Sounds a great price.Is the Sky sports running perfectly without buffering/freezing etc ?
141657792616 is the item you want off eBay this is a reliable seller and the box you want,I pay more for my line but it is from a reliable source and I have been with him for a long time
it all depends I've watched matches where it's never stopped at all but other times it might freeze for a couple of seconds but it only happens once or twice.
Original Poster
buyer100

141657792616 is the item you want off eBay this is a reliable seller and … 141657792616 is the item you want off eBay this is a reliable seller and the box you want,I pay more for my line but it is from a reliable source and I have been with him for a long time

Does he sell the Gift ?
No if you get a box I could get you a test line that is free of charge for 24 hours to see if you are happy with the service
Original Poster
Will post back once I buy one.
No problem
buyer100

It's is very easy to set up,it works out cheaper to buy a box and a line … It's is very easy to set up,it works out cheaper to buy a box and a line separate,look for a v8s box and you want a line that is about £15 for 6 months,if you need any advice on where to get the line let me know

how does yours run?

mine has glitches and skips, and not reliable although sitll use for football as it is good enough
Mine is perfect hardly ever freezes,I think I have only seen it glitch about 4 times in 12 months,the lad I get them off doesn't fill the severs up which is what causes it to glitch
buyer100

Mine is perfect hardly ever freezes,I think I have only seen it glitch … Mine is perfect hardly ever freezes,I think I have only seen it glitch about 4 times in 12 months,the lad I get them off doesn't fill the severs up which is what causes it to glitch

cant seem to PM you
sloanes9620

very easy to setup you need a satellite dish and an ethernet cable and a … very easy to setup you need a satellite dish and an ethernet cable and a usb stick that has be formatted to fat32. The person I bought my 'gift' off gave step by step instructions on how to install it.

will wifi not work?
buyer100

you don't have private message enabled mate. you might be getting a few PM's your way
Edited by: "EN1GMA" 7th Sep 2015
Original Poster
EN1GMA

will wifi not work?

From what i can see it works with WiFi as well & the V8S box has WiFi.
buyer100

141657792616 is the item you want off eBay this is a reliable seller and … 141657792616 is the item you want off eBay this is a reliable seller and the box you want,I pay more for my line but it is from a reliable source and I have been with him for a long time

thanks for that link. looks perfect.
my parents have sjy so I'd hook up the box to the sky line. then? that's where im abit muddled. ive got a android box running kodi and im happy but parents need something more simpler.
I have checked this end and it says pm enabled,you can go wifi but you need a separate adaptor,they are about £5
buyer100

I have checked this end and it says pm enabled,you can go wifi but you … I have checked this end and it says pm enabled,you can go wifi but you need a separate adaptor,they are about £5

the box you linked says wifi on it so assuming it has built in wifi?
WheresMeNuts

From what i can see it works with WiFi as well & the V8S box has WiFi.

You need to Internet to connect the box too
EN1GMA

the box you linked says wifi on it so assuming it has built in wifi?

No it is wifi enabled but it's not built in
buyer100

ah right.
Original Poster
EN1GMA

thanks for that link. looks perfect. my parents have sjy so I'd hook up … thanks for that link. looks perfect. my parents have sjy so I'd hook up the box to the sky line. then? that's where im abit muddled. ive got a android box running kodi and im happy but parents need something more simpler.

The openbox has to be plugged in to the Sky dish port & then you get free channels using your broadband,but you can buy a Gift (streaming from a private server) that get's you the goodies ie all the Sports channels.
At least the above is the way I've read it :-)
Original Poster
buyer100

So just plug a USB WiFi adapter in to the openbox ?
buyer100

still getting the private maesage not enabled message for you mate. not sure whats going on if you have enabled it.
WheresMeNuts

The openbox has to be plugged in to the Sky dish port & then you get free … The openbox has to be plugged in to the Sky dish port & then you get free channels using your broadband,but you can buy a Gift (streaming from a private server) that get's you the goodies ie all the Sports channels.At least the above is the way I've read it :-)

im not really bothered the front end but I didn't think it was that simple...is it? does the box come with software pre loaded?
Yes but it has to be the skybox one,eBay number 171324855992
Original Poster
EN1GMA

im not really bothered the front end but I didn't think it was that … im not really bothered the front end but I didn't think it was that simple...is it? does the box come with software pre loaded?

From what I've read reading the reviews on Amazon for the V8S, is that the openbox just needs to be scanned like you do with your TV for adding channels.Remember I've also not got one,but looks strait forward & with buyer100's help it will be a walk in the park
Original Poster
buyer100

Added to my ebay homepage.
Original Poster
Buyer100,can you confirm the live sports quality is great,unlike the Kodi/XBMC streams ?
It's great,if you have a iPad or iPhone I will send you a video of it playing so you can see the quality
buyer100

so this dongle wont work with the box you posted the link to previously?
WheresMeNuts

From what I've read reading the reviews on Amazon for the V8S, is that … From what I've read reading the reviews on Amazon for the V8S, is that the openbox just needs to be scanned like you do with your TV for adding channels.Remember I've also not got one,but looks strait forward & with buyer100's help it will be a walk in the park

wanna hold my hand and we got go through it together X)

which box you going for?
Yes if you want to set it up wireless you need the box and the dongle I sent but if you can plug a Ethernet cable direct from the box to the router that is always better
Original Poster
EN1GMA

wanna hold my hand and we got go through it together :{X):pwhich box you … wanna hold my hand and we got go through it together :{X):pwhich box you going for?

Going for the one on ebay that Buyer100 has linked.
buyer100

Yes if you want to set it up wireless you need the box and the dongle I … Yes if you want to set it up wireless you need the box and the dongle I sent but if you can plug a Ethernet cable direct from the box to the router that is always better

just to confirm mate, the box and the dongle you linked are both compatible yeah? apologies for the repeat questions.
Yes if you are unable to plug a Ethernet cable in to the router and the skybox v8s then you need to buy the dongle, but it is always better to use a Ethernet cable where possible,the box and the dongle I sent you the link for are both compatable
buyer100

Yes if you are unable to plug a Ethernet cable in to the router and the … Yes if you are unable to plug a Ethernet cable in to the router and the skybox v8s then you need to buy the dongle, but it is always better to use a Ethernet cable where possible,the box and the dongle I sent you the link for are both compatable

thanks mate. your PM still unavailable. not sure if you need to inform someone. i'll order the box and the dongle and then probably get back when its delivered X)

you want to try PMing me?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants