Groups

Openbox V8S & are they any good?

Does anyone have a Openbox V8S & are they any good?

22 Comments

all a load of rubbish now

All depends what you are to be using it for tbh - it's a budget model so you get what you pay for.

Original Poster

Don't they work very well a lot of good reviews on amazon amazon.co.uk/Ope…V8S
    Edited by: "nissan3" 5th Oct 2016

You do realise people use these boxes to access sky TV channels via cardsharing?

Original Poster

copycatuk

You do realise people use these boxes to access sky TV channels via … You do realise people use these boxes to access sky TV channels via cardsharing?

yes

Depends on the Cline your using, if you have one cheap off eBay, chances are you will get a lot of freezing and scrambling, as hundreds of people are using it.
    I have a friend who had one and he never had a problem as he was connected to a good server.

Original Poster

what other good budget boxes are available.

Get a zgemma h2s

we had one for about 2 months then upgraded to a ZGemma H2S. if you are planning on using it a lot spend a bit more money and get something else. the V8S is perfect for a caravan/boat.

Original Poster

any good deals for ZGemma H2S.

Try mobi shop, £74 including next day delivery

I have this one for the last 4 months with no issues. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262620927857

i like the fact it has Kodi built in also.
    Edited by: "markvirgo" 5th Oct 2016

Original Poster

are there any cheaper alternatives.

markvirgo

I have this one for the last 4 months with no issues. … I have this one for the last 4 months with no issues. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262620927857i like the fact it has Kodi built in also.

Thats super expensive you can get the box for £75 and a gift for £10.

Original Poster

SilverBlack

still a bit expensive don't want to spend to much as i am all new to this.

The new V8S is still in development and good value for what it is - look to pay around £30 without gift.

If you've used sky/virgin etc before, you'll more than likely find the GUI/EPG horrible on the openbox. I found I was watching less tv because of this (not necessarily a bad thing...but not what I got it for...) It does what it's supposed to, and it's cheap, but I would also recommend the zgemma h2s for a much better user experience.

Chances are you'll buy an openbox, like it and what it can do but hate the interface and EPG.
    You also have to manually update channel lists frequently on the open box, which isn't hard nor time consuming it's just a inconvenice when better boxes will do it automatically.
    The EPG is awful on the openbox.
    Remember you won't get subscription HD channels on any satellite box.

SilverBlack

2 year gift, I have had cheap gifts that are a nightmare. If you have a details of a good one for £10 can you pm me the details thanks

If the gift lasts longer than 6 months its a bonus
    Had friends buy from 100% feedback long registered members on ebay
    Gift fails around 6 months on all of them
    Ebay and paypal wont do anything as to late after the sale
    I looked into this and decided not to waste my money
    Couldnt find a decent gift source

markvirgo

2 year gift, I have had cheap gifts that are a nightmare. If you have a … 2 year gift, I have had cheap gifts that are a nightmare. If you have a details of a good one for £10 can you pm me the details thanks

Gifts from ebay as said above will last 6 months max then the seller will disappear and the gift will end.
    Better off getting them from source.

SilverBlack

Gifts from ebay as said above will last 6 months max then the seller will … Gifts from ebay as said above will last 6 months max then the seller will disappear and the gift will end.Better off getting them from source.

Great thanks
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66

See more discussions