Groups

opening a Bank Account for a 16yr old.

Looking to open a bank account for my daughter.. Anyone know of the best? Are any offering any vouchers? gifts? for opening an account with them?

Rep for help.. ta... xx

7 Comments

Can't say for others but I'd recommend Natwest

edit: natwest.com/per…shx

hsbc give a money box lol :P

The gifts/perks have gone downhill

If your daughter is likely to go overdrawn DO NOT USE HALIFAX. They charge £1 a day as well as whatever interest on the overdraft that they seem to feel like, on top.

Banned

mateypeeps;8041505

If your daughter is likely to go overdrawn DO NOT USE HALIFAX. They … If your daughter is likely to go overdrawn DO NOT USE HALIFAX. They charge £1 a day as well as whatever interest on the overdraft that they seem to feel like, on top.

i dont think kids get an overdraft?

I got a football from hsbc when I was 15, since then they have had every penny i have earned thought there hands, every loan, current account, savings account, cash isa's, morgage ect. all gone through them.
    It was a decent football like so fair swap.

bykergrove;8041522

i dont think kids get an overdraft?

Correct as overdrafts are based on account usage eg. income, outgoings, and you can only apply for an overdraft after 18

I cant recommend any...... because I work in one. And yes the perks for accounts are pretty rubbish due to the credit crunch ;-)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66

See more discussions