Opening a new bank account to make use of RBS Account switch offer

Posted 29th Sep
I currently have only have a foundation account with Natwest and a main account with Nationwide. I would like to make use of the RBS Account switch offer to get £150. Since Natwest and RBS are same family , I can't switch my natwest account.

So I am planning to open a new account (FlexAccount) with Nationwide and will use it around mid November for RBS Account switch offer. Is it OK to do or is there a minimum period before doing a switch ?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

5 Comments
Usually a minimum period. Check the terms of the offer when you can.
You can open an account and close it straight away to get incentives just normally set up a few direct debits as needed and don’t even need to do anything else but switch.
I did the same a while ago but for different bank, metro was the fastest to open (hint, everything was done on same day)
Edited by: "adamey19" 29th Sep
Ringfinger29/09/2019 11:32

Usually a minimum period. Check the terms of the offer when you can.

I did check the terms and conditions of RBS offer. I couldn't see any minimum term
eslick29/09/2019 13:26

You can open an account and close it straight away to get incentives just …You can open an account and close it straight away to get incentives just normally set up a few direct debits as needed and don’t even need to do anything else but switch.

The advantage of this offer is that there is no need for any direct debits to be transferred.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants