Found 24th Sep 2008
Since I'm back at uni in Scotland I have no branch to deposit money into and since I have cash sitting about I would rather stick it in an account to stop myself spending it on rubbish. I was looking at the A&L Premier 21 account for a couple of reasons 1) they have a branch in Dundee and 2) there is the possibility of quidco! Could anyone explain what this part means:
you must ... pay in your earnings. This could be your wages, allowances or other regular money that you may receive. "

Since I have no job, could I simply set up a direct debit from my other account for say £10 every month?

13 Comments

Banned

I've just closed my account with them.

They are rubbish :x

Banned

What about a student account?

Original Poster

hankmarvin4;3042172

What about a student account?

I was thinking about that but AFAIK you would have to get your Student Loan deposited into there which would be fine if it wasn't so much hassle but thanks rep added :thumbsup:

Original Poster

DLM;3042168

I've just closed my account with them.They are rubbish :x

Would they be ok just for depositing money every now and again?

natwest student account - doesnt require a deposit of student loans

Kinda off topic, I apologise.

Looking for a new bank account, but I don't have time to go into town and open a new one. I'm 17 and I was wondering if I could get one online I'm with Lloyds TSB at the mo, want to go with anyone else who's decent really.

Banned

cbryanp;3042183

Would they be ok just for depositing money every now and again?

Probably they are no good at switching your accounts though.

Messed up mine and my bf's.

Stupid mancunian wannabes :roll:

Banned

t0mm;3042198

Kinda off topic, I apologise.Looking for a new bank account, but I don't … Kinda off topic, I apologise.Looking for a new bank account, but I don't have time to go into town and open a new one. I'm 17 and I was wondering if I could get one online I'm with Lloyds TSB at the mo, want to go with anyone else who's decent really.

I'm with RBS, not too bad in my opinion.

I have gone back to them.

Original Poster

DLM;3042202

Probably they are no good at switching your accounts though.Messed up … Probably they are no good at switching your accounts though.Messed up mine and my bf's.Stupid mancunian wannabes :roll:

Ok thanks for the info :thumbsup:

If theres an Abbey :thumbsup:

Banned

dontdothatagain;3042281

If theres an Abbey :thumbsup:

Abbey are buying A&L, i think :roll:

Banned

amansk;3042192

natwest student account - doesnt require a deposit of student loans

If they provide you with a student facility you may need to deposit student loans

DLM;3042304

Abbey are buying A&L, i think :roll:

So. :?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Invisalign dental braces in London22
    2. Whey protien629
    3. Gearbest: Order - Nowhere to be seen...811
    4. Rugged Android Phone/Tablet68

See more discussions