Opening Car Boot From The Remote

30 replies
Found 8th Sep 2009
Is it possible to get a remote to open the boot of a VW Bora?

My remote only has lock/unlock for the doors, but some cars can also open the boot (see pic below), so I am wondering if I can get one for my car, or is it only certain models that this will work on?

1. Misc
  2. Car
  3. Lock
30 Comments

Original Poster

Here's what I want....

http://www.noimmo.lt/content/images/product/_editor_VW%20Remote.jpg

Certain models only I'm afraid, unless you're prepared to pay lots of money for the actuators etc..

open it with the key you lazy barsteward

Original Poster

hassony;6238788

open it with the key you lazy barsteward

:-D

I can unlock it from the remote, but I want it to open as well.... handy when you have both hands full.

Depens if your car has the solenoid already installed.

If you cant do it now, I doubt it will have.....

Babbabooey;6238798

:-DI can unlock it from the remote, but I want it to open as well.... … :-DI can unlock it from the remote, but I want it to open as well.... handy when you have both hands full.

how do you press the key with both hands full :whistling:

Original Poster

think;6238816

how do you press the key with both hands full :whistling:

Because it's already in my hand :roll:

Open the boot before you get your hands full?

Original Poster

AshleyRFC;6238863

Open the boot before you get your hands full?

My hands are full from carrying bags of shopping from tesco for example... can't really leave the boot open while I do my shopping.

SuperEd

]http//ww…oTc so u can do this lol

Babbabooey;6238871

My hands are full from carrying bags of shopping from tesco for … My hands are full from carrying bags of shopping from tesco for example... can't really leave the boot open while I do my shopping.

Use a trolley, problem solved :thumbsup:

Original Poster

paddy.stone;6238963

Use a trolley, problem solved :thumbsup:

What if they are all out of them?

Babbabooey;6239050

What if they are all out of them?

Out of trolleys?

How many does yours have? 3?

Original Poster

AshleyRFC;6239057

Out of trolleys?How many does yours have? 3?

No, but I'm really not interested in replies like "just use a trolly" as it doesn't help one bit in getting the boot to open from the remote.

Babbabooey;6239082

No, but I'm really not interested in replies like "just use a trolly" as … No, but I'm really not interested in replies like "just use a trolly" as it doesn't help one bit in getting the boot to open from the remote.

Yeah but if its only to be used when you have your hands full of bags then surely using a trolley is the easiest answer?

I don't know about this, but if you hold down your 'open' button for a few secs the it will role down all your windows :thumbsup: and you can put your shopping through the window

Original Poster

AshleyRFC;6239112

Yeah but if its only to be used when you have your hands full of bags … Yeah but if its only to be used when you have your hands full of bags then surely using a trolley is the easiest answer?

What if I have my hands full with a TV, and no trolley in sight?

Original Poster

Xpenny;6239119

I don't know about this, but if you hold down your 'open' button for a … I don't know about this, but if you hold down your 'open' button for a few secs the it will role down all your windows :thumbsup:

You do realise I am going to run outside and try this right now!!!
BRB.

Babbabooey;6239123

What if I have my hands full with a TV, and no trolley in sight?

Well how often is that going to happen? And usually if your buying a tv they have a special trolley to get it out to your car. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Xpenny;6239119

I don't know about this, but if you hold down your 'open' button for a … I don't know about this, but if you hold down your 'open' button for a few secs the it will role down all your windows :thumbsup: and you can put your shopping through the window

Babbabooey;6239131

You do realise I am going to run outside and try this right now!!! BRB.

Boo, it doesn't work :-D

Original Poster

AshleyRFC;6239144

Well how often is that going to happen? And usually if your buying a tv … Well how often is that going to happen? And usually if your buying a tv they have a special trolley to get it out to your car. :thumbsup:

Happens quite a lot, hence my asking the question in the first place. :roll:

Babbabooey;6239162

Boo, it doesn't work :-D

Really?? It should work. I know two people with Bore and it works on their cars. Which model / year do you have. I think it was SE and above. I've seen it on X & 51 reg Boras. It's the same as if you put in key to open the door and you leave it in the position (can't remember which side it is) for a few secs it will role down all your windows ... give it a try mate :thumbsup:

Babbabooey;6239164

Happens quite a lot, hence my asking the question in the first place. … Happens quite a lot, hence my asking the question in the first place. :roll:

You should really be more careful with your tv's then.

my mercedes s55 AMG had that feature.

Original Poster

Xpenny;6239209

Really?? It should work. I know two people with Bore and it works on … Really?? It should work. I know two people with Bore and it works on their cars. Which model / year do you have. I think it was SE and above. I've seen it on X & 51 reg Boras. It's the same as if you put in key to open the door and you leave it in the position (can't remember which side it is) for a few secs it will role down all your windows ... give it a try mate :thumbsup:

its an 02 Bora 1.8 Sport. Doesn't work:x

My Merc has this.

Wish it could auto close, that would be cool.

ALICOM007;6239212

my mercedes s55 AMG had that feature.

Nice car, bet that drinks petrol like it's going out of fashion.

Original Poster

Xpenny;6239209

Really?? It should work. I know two people with Bore and it works on … Really?? It should work. I know two people with Bore and it works on their cars. Which model / year do you have. I think it was SE and above. I've seen it on X & 51 reg Boras. It's the same as if you put in key to open the door and you leave it in the position (can't remember which side it is) for a few secs it will role down all your windows ... give it a try mate :thumbsup:

Actually, I just tried putting the key in the drivers door and leaving in the unlock position - and that did work. All the windows rolled down... Thats the first time i've ever actually used the key to unlock the door,lol. Pressing the button on the remote unfortunately doesn't do anything with the windows though.

Babbabooey;6239985

Actually, I just tried putting the key in the drivers door and leaving in … Actually, I just tried putting the key in the drivers door and leaving in the unlock position - and that did work. All the windows rolled down... Thats the first time i've ever actually used the key to unlock the door,lol. Pressing the button on the remote unfortunately doesn't do anything with the windows though.

Might be worth checking the VW forum as I'm sure your car does have it. Maybe just need enabling via vagcom cable

Just do what Madonna does & get one of those little kids from Africa - you can load them up & open the boot yourself then
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247671
    2. Netflix - UHD - £3/m33
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769609
    4. #KoemanIn, Thank You Koeman for trying to get Everton relegated!1115

See more discussions