Openreach ICI or Huawei HG612?

Found 2nd Jan
Recenty purchased asus rt-ac68u router to use with my sky standard broadband. since it doesnt have built in modem i need to use bt openreach modem but am not sure which one i need. or which one is better. i could be wrong but i think my cabinet is huawei.

thanks

1. Ask
  2. Huawei
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Huawei
10 Comments

Ideally match modem with cabinet but both will work.

Rather than spend extra money, why don't you just plug the Asus router into your sky router and have the sky router operating as a modem only?

Hg612 will work properly with bt too

Original Poster

pothole

Rather than spend extra money, why don't you just plug the Asus router … Rather than spend extra money, why don't you just plug the Asus router into your sky router and have the sky router operating as a modem only?

is that even possible? if so how do i do it? (sky router model is SR102)

From what I have heard getting Sky broadband to work on ECI or HG612 is difficult (remember they need to be unlocked too to get access to their Web interface)

Original Poster

developers

From what I have heard getting Sky broadband to work on ECI or HG612 is … From what I have heard getting Sky broadband to work on ECI or HG612 is difficult (remember they need to be unlocked too to get access to their Web interface)

i could be wrong but i think the unlocking is to get detailed stats

xPabloz

is that even possible? if so how do i do it? (sky router model is SR102)

Yes. Just connect your sky router to the wall socket (ADSL/VDSL) as normal, then connect an Ethernet cable on the sky router to the WAN port on your Asus router.
With that done, log into the sky router and turn Off the wireless access point.
Edited by: "pothole" 2nd Jan

Original Poster

pothole

Yes. Just connect your sky router to the wall socket (ADSL/VDSL) as … Yes. Just connect your sky router to the wall socket (ADSL/VDSL) as normal, then connect an Ethernet cable on the sky router to the WAN port on your Asus router.With that done, log into the sky router and turn Off the wireless access point.

thanks. does this put the sky router in modem mode?

It'll act as the modem and router to provide you with the internet access. Once you've set up the Asus RT68U for wireless then that will be your wireless access point for all your devices.

xPabloz

i could be wrong but i think the unlocking is to get detailed stats

There is no access for input of password and username when modems are supplied by BT. Good solution from pothole if successful.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Can i play xbox 360 games on the xbox one?35
    2. PS4 Pro / PSVR HDR Solution?11
    3. Router recommendations68
    4. No deals on prime subscription514

See more discussions