Operation Christmas Child

Is anybody else making a shoe box this year? I'm not sure what I am going to put in mine, as it has changed so much since i was in school. I know i deffinetly want to make one though, just not sure which age though, lol.

4 Comments

I have done 3 this year - just got to finish wrapping them

operationchristmaschild.org.uk/

The website helps give you ideas of what to put in them, and also has your local drop off point.

They have to be done by 18th of november

GIRLS

* Doll * Clip-on earrings * Bangles * Necklace * Hair … * Doll * Clip-on earrings * Bangles * Necklace * Hair bands * Scrunchies * Hair brush * Comb * Bar of wrapped soap * Sponge * Soft toy * Finger puppet * Jigsaw * Yo-yo * Small musical instrument * Felt pens * Pens * Pencils * Pencil sharpener * Rubber * Colouring book * Notepad * Puzzle book * Pencil case * Stickers * Toothbrush * Toothpaste * Gloves * Scarf * Sunglasses * Hat

BOYS

* Cars * Trucks * Small ball * Teddy bear * Finger … * Cars * Trucks * Small ball * Teddy bear * Finger puppet * Jigsaw * Yo-yo * Balloons * Small musical instrument * Felt pens * Pens * Pencils * Puzzle book * Pencil case * Stickers * Toothbrush * Toothpaste * Gloves * Scarf * Sunglasses, * Cap Rubber * Colouring book * Notepad * Pencil sharpener

Just wrapped mine yesterday - for girl aged 10-14 and my friend has done the same agegroup for a boy as we reckoned people might do younger children as it's easier. Put in scarf, pencils, crayons, pens, rubbers, mints, boiled fruit sweets, toothpaste, toothbrushes, hairbrush, soap, flannel, soapbag, torch and batteries, socks, fluorescent marker pens, notebook - think that's it, allwrapped up in lovely gold and purple paper.

i am in the process of doing them with my two little ones. They say that most people do younger children-and they don't get so many for older ones, but i have to say-the younger ones are much easier.

As the other posts-they suggest colouring things-Woolworths do a great 'Worth it' range-i got a big box of chalk, crayons and 6 small tubs of playdoh for about £2.50. I got sweets there too.

At my little fellas school they suggested putting things in for the whole family such as a few extra tooth brushes and soap.

Really well worth doing ! It cost no more than what i would spend on a party pressie and card really-and will be worth much more than that to someone (hopefully !).

Is there a bit where it tells you what to give for what age? I just found a huge list
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764094
    2. How dangerous is Donald trump?57
    3. How much would you pay for this chair?1516
    4. A Nigerian prince and bit coins scam11

See more discussions